17C VS 17CC in CD category / best adjustable sights

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by DarkÆther, Apr 29, 2004.

1. DarkÆther

DarkÆther

At my first match in Richmond I shot a 35 in CD but I'm thinking about putting the C-more back on it and shooting it in open class and getting a 17C for CD. I already have an extended slide release and 3.5# connector in my 17 so is there any reason to get a 17CC instead of a 17C? I thought that was the only difference but the price difference seems to be a lot more than the price of those parts, making me think there is something else to it.

That would retire my 17 w/ night sights for competition and the new 17C would be a dedicated competition pistol. What do you guys think are the best adjustable sights for competition? I'd prefer something with a sight picture a lot more like my Makarov, with a really narrow blade front.

I had a lot more trouble on the plates than I expected because I was too bashful about covering them up with the sights and had maybe 12 low shots with the 17 and 6 with the 35.

2. WIG19

WIG19 Light left on

Not having tried them, but I plan to put some CGR race-cut Heinies on my 17 (don't really care for the bulk of the Bomars) when it comes GSSF time. You might want to give Matt a call at Custom Glock Racing. They intrigue me for the approach of more light around the front (in the Heinies case by a wider rear notch).

3. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

I use Bomars with a front blade cut to .115, they've worked well for me. I think you're better off with a 17 and some nice light reloads, it can be used in AmCiv or Guardian as well as Competition.

4. Custom Glock Racing

Custom Glock Racing I did it first. Millennium Member

Myself and others have won lots of matches with Bomars and our Race Cut Heinies have plenty of victories as well. It really comes down to a preference for fixed or adjustable sights. Both offer lots of light ont he sides of the front sight to simulate a very thin front but with more precision.

http://www.gunracing.com/Qstore/c000002.htm

BTW, What is a 17CC?

5. DarkÆther

DarkÆther

170.120 "or any stock factory compensated (both basic and competition package G17C . . ."

the competition package 17C is the 17CC. The extended controls might be the only difference but I might have read somewhere that they are hand picked for inherent accuracy. I'm not sure. that could have been something completely different.

6. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

I'd go with the "something completely different". ;Q

7. Willard

Willard Who, me?

http://www.glockfaq.com/models.htm#cc

"CC models are identical to the Compensated models with the addition of adjustable sights, extended slide stop lever and extended magazine release."

8. DarkÆther

DarkÆther

hehe yeah I should have worded that a little different. it does sound a little too terrorist bullet/one-shot-stop-ish.

actually after thinking about it I'm pretty sure I was reading about a CZ or clone where the tightest grouping 1% get some kind of extra designation. The CZ's all come with a 25m 5-shot test group with the group size in cm. But I'm pretty sure it was an EAA Witness variant with the extra designation.

9. mleeber

mleeber

CC also has a 3.5# connector....