Glock Talk banner

17+19+26+43 or 17+19+19+43 Which one makes more sense?

2802 Views 48 Replies 44 Participants Last post by  harold63
I have a 17, a 19 (my primary), and about to have a 43. I effectively carry my 19 now, but when the temps go over 110 (every day in Vegas summer), and you want to wear as little as possible, it will be nice to rock the 43.

I just got my GSSF coupon. Should I use it on a 26? or another 19? If I go 26, I can effectively step my carry up and down from 17-->19-->26-->43 and back up depending on weather, clothing, environment. If I go 19, I have a backup of my EDC cause two is one and one is none. Is there that much of a difference between the 26 and 19. If you had a 43, would you get a 26 to complement the options, or the 19 as a backup? In time I'll have them all...in time. What would you do with your GSSF coupon?

And no, another caliber isn't an option yet...
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

· Banned
353 Posts
I have both G-26 and G-43, my G-43 is my shorts-flip-flop choice (I also carry a S&W 642). My fav is the G-26 for most of the time (mostly due to capacity and the ability to use G-19 mags for a reload)...get both...

· Registered
264 Posts
Although I have a 19, the 26 is my primary carry with a 15 rd 19 magazine as my second mag. But will definitely be looking into purchasing a 43.

I have a S&W 642 that's used as bug to the 26 and perhaps the 43. The (642) is also the 'down the street for milk' gun.

I'd go to a store that has a 26 to look at. I had 2 19s but sold one as I carried the 26/642 more often. I use the 19 occasionally for HD or range time.

· Just sayin'
4,682 Posts
Since you are able to CCW, I would go with a Glock 26. If any of these guns go down you could either cannibalize another Glock 9mm you own for parts or just have spare parts available. Personally, I never could see having dupes of the same pistol.

· Registered
59,814 Posts
I would choose the G26 of the two.

· Proud NRA Life Patron Member, Life GSSF member
12,028 Posts
Even though I have (3) 26's I would suggest duplicating, get a 19, those that collect, shoot infrequently and do not carry and plan for maintenance are not planning for events that they cannot control .

Selling the 17 and duplicating the 43 would also be a better option in preparing yourself to become a better shooter. Focusing more time and money on just two platforms instead of three will expedite your skill on those platforms more quickly. I do understand that those that collect and shoot less frequently and do not carry will not see this as popular, you decide on what you want .
The longer slides are harder to conceal and carry, but we do, I use to carry a 6" python in a shoulder holster year round. I was young once.
Although the longer slides are easier to shoot there are not as accurate as a 30 or 26, and not as fast from the holster. Round count is important if you are missing or have run empty, trainning and preparation usually accomodate adequately.

Oh by the way, dups allow you to diagnose the problem, you do not have to go on Glocktalk and get the Dr. Phil version of solution, side by side analysis and on the range can solve many an issue, especially if you reload.

· Registered
15,399 Posts
43, 19, 34.

· Registered
7,131 Posts
If you have a 43 and 19 already, I would pass on the 26 being that the only advantage it offers over the 43 is 4 - 6 more rounds depending on whether you are using factory or aftermarket mag basepads. I also don't see the need for redundant 19's being that you have a 17 and in a pinch you could always trade out ANY of the working parts between the 17 and 19 in the event of a failure so downtime would not happen on your carry pistol while replacing parts. Once you get used to it, a Glock can be fully detail stripped and reassembled in about 5 minutes.

If you want to stick with 9mm, why not diversify a bit more and go with a 34? Your carry lineup covers all situations already so why not add a pistol for plinking. That extra inch of sight radius and .75 inch of slide make a significant difference in felt recoil and target acquisition.

· Registered
7,131 Posts
Personally, I'd add a 34 to the list. Would be a rarity if the 19 did go down, but you could always use the 43 until the 19 was fixed or replaced, so you wouldn't be without some form of carry.
Saw your post after I posted similar feelings. If the 19 goes down, the 17 could supply all necessary parts to get it running again. I also keep replacement parts on hand as well. For about $50 I have a spare set of all OEM springs, spring cups, firing pin, spacer sleeve, and an entire trigger group and pins from a G17. Short of an actual slide or frame failure, I could have any of my 9mm Glocks up and running again in about 5 minutes.

· Registered
2,342 Posts
I like having backup guns. I now own 2 G19s. One will remain stock other than Trijion HD night sights. The other is going to have an RMR installed with a stipple job, trigger guard undercut, finger groove removal and a couple other things. The RMR one will be my go to for carry, but I will still use the other one. Going to classes it's nice to have a backup that is the same gun in case the one you're using goes down. Sure you can have spare parts, but it's much faster and easier in that situation to just grab a 2nd gun. Plus while one of my 19s is going in to have work done on it I can still carry the other. I'm to the point where I either carry a G19 or Shield (work). I'm considering buying another Shield just in case.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.