close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

150 Rounds Went Through My 26 Today and Had Some BAD Ammo

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Markasaurus, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Markasaurus

Markasaurus

I went to the range and put some rounds through my new 26. The brands ammo i used is in the picture. Normally this is not something at all notable, however, i had 3 (THREE) jams from one 50 round box of ammo and not the first time this brand has jammed on me, either.
    [​IMG]
    I hope i don't hurt anybody's business but this ammo should be called "Jam-o-matic" brand, (because it does) but the brand is called Fiocci.

I shot one 50 round box of PMC (top box, made in Korea), no jams. One 50 round box of "Sellier and Belliot" (center box, Manufactured in Czech Republic), - no jams. And one box of Fiocci (bottom, Italy), 3 JAMS!!!!

The first jam was a misfire. I had to lock the slide back to drop the magazine, and saw the round still in the chamber. The i released the slide, pulled the trigger again, nothing but a CLICK. I racked the slide, ejected the dead round, and kicked it under the partition into the no-man's land of the target area. Fair enough, only one jam - (like i said though not the first time with this brand).

But then with this same box, TWO MORE jams! Failure to extract, both times, the empty cases came out if the slide was cycled manually (after dropping the mag cause the slide was stuck and you had to). The empty cases are sitting on the box of this dud ammo to look at, not that they provide any evidence of why they wouldn't work right, other than a reason i'm not buying this ammo ever again. 3 dud rounds equals a 6% failure rate for ONE BOX - not acceptable!!!

Anyway to the right in the picture i am showing some neat-o brushes i got today for $1.99 at harbor freight. As you can see they are made of nylon or plastic or something (not metal) and they are the perfect size for cleaning the extractor spring hole, the trigger safety pin hole, the firing pin hole, and the pin holes in the lower receiver.

These brushes are called "spray gun brushes" as in the kind of gun you shoot paint not bullets out of lol.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2010
  2. den888

den888

Thanks for your report. I have had good success with my G26 and no jams.

3. G36's Rule

G36's Rule Senior Member

Fiocchi ammo has always worked pretty good for me. It chronos very consistent. Maybe you got a bad lot.

4. bambikilr

bambikilr

or they were poor reloads

5. Hugo R

Hugo R Gaff G26 User!

Agree! I have shot hundreds if not thousands of rounds of Fiocchi with no problems. Sorry to hear of you issues. The only ammo that has given me fits with both G26 and G17's is Wolf. Just can't get that stuff to work well.

HR

6. beforeobamabans

beforeobamabans FYPM

Oh well, the cheap ammo blues. A temporary state of affairs. Quickly cured with some good ol' Amurican- made Winchester or Remington or Federal or Cor-Bon or.....

7. cbsaf

cbsaf

You kicked a live round with a struck primer downrange? Was it an indoor range that is swept or is it an outdoor range? My outdoor range has a steel ammo can with a hole in it to put any rounds that might "cook off".

I know it sounds silly but I would hate to be sweeping or picking up the range and have that round pop on me. Without it being in a chamber it wouldn't propel the projectile much but it could fragment or cause burns.

The only 9mm rounds I have had problems with are the Federal Champion 115gr. They are too weak to cycle my G17C consistantly.

8. Golddog

Golddog

I've shot thousands of Fiocchis in various calibers, including many 9mm's through my Glocks, without a single failure of any kind.

9. Markasaurus

Markasaurus

Yeah thats what i did. They do not have anything like a special can for dud rounds at the range i go to. I figured after being hit by that massive glock firing pin twice, if that didnt fire the round, almost nothing would, so i kicked it about 10 feet out in front of the stalls. Maybe you're right strictly speaking, but they have no provision for this situation at this particular shootingrange.

not reloads, they're supposed to be brand new, unles they sleazed it past me somehow more then once - like i said i had this problem with ANOTHER box of fiocci. That lot of 50 there was one jam.
    Maybe my gun just doesn't like it. I'm not buying it anymore, anyway.

The gun was cleaned better then new, lightly lubed with the grease in the picture, exactly like glock says to. And like i said no other brand of ammo i used has jammed.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2010
  10. remat

remat

Same here. Which box in the pic is Fiocchi? None of my Fiocchi boxes look like those in the pic. Did they say it was loaded by Fiocchi?

We have a local gun shop chain here locally that loads their own "factory new" ammo. They label it (inkjet stickon label) similiarly, but in plastic bags.

11. pangloss9

pangloss9

Last Saturday I posted in this sub-forum about the problems I had with the S&B Range safe ammo (and the thread was immediately locked). Honestly, neither my G26 nor my G17 would run the stuff. For my G26, I was averaging about 2 jams per 10 round mag. The G17 was maybe a little better. I put 50 rounds of UMC through without any problems. The S&B Range Safe ammo is absolutely the worst I've ever tried to shoot. Maybe my two boxes came from a bad lot. Who knows. Anyway, I've never shot any Fiocchi pistol ammo, so I don't have any experience there.

12. Pappy John

Pappy John

That bottom box doesn't look like factory packaging to me. A stick-on label over top of the original labeling???? C'mon now.

It looks like you've been sold some reloads......poor ones, apparently.

13. PATRICE

PATRICE . . . . .

Last edited: Jan 31, 2010
  14. 9mmkungfu

9mmkungfu

From what it looks like in the pictures, I would tend to agree. Where did you purchase this "Fiocchi" factory ammo?

15. mteagle1

mteagle1

The Fiocchi frangible 40S&W I just bought was made in Mexico so either there are 2 different companies with close spellings or the 2 different calibers are made in different contries. Since you are spelling it Fiocci I gather you got that off the label so it is probably a misspelled reload.

16. vtbluegrass

vtbluegrass

Yeah you definitely got hosed on that ammo. Its not Fiocchi. No matter the origin of manufacture Europe or Mexico none of Fiocchi's ammo is packaged like that.

17. G36's Rule

G36's Rule Senior Member

I would really like to see a better picture of that Fiocchi ammo box. The box is the correct color and I have several boxes of Fiocchi 357 SIG that are the same color scheme and are made in Italy.

Never seen one with a label stuck on it like that.

Any way to get a better picture of those two cases on top of the Fiocchi box?