Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright people may be wrong place to post this question but sorry if it is gonna fire it off anyway. been reading about Gen4,Gen3 and so forth Glocks. bought my first Glock about 2 months ago (new). how do I know what Gen the pistol is? mine is the G27.

·
Registered
300 Posts
alright people may be wrong place to post this question but sorry if it is gonna fire it off anyway. been reading about Gen4,Gen3 and so forth Glocks. bought my first Glock about 2 months ago (new). how do I know what Gen the pistol is? mine is the G27.
Serial # will tell you. Do a search :whistling:

·
In The Saddle
10,272 Posts

Simply put. There have been mix and match going on with them (glock) all the way down to the gray barrel finish. But, as Chad at Glock just told me on the phone today, .. "If it does not have Gen 4 stamped on the slide, it ain't a Gen 4.." No matter what it looks like, if Gen 4 is not on the slide, it may be a transition into 4 but NOT a 4th Gen without the slide stampping.

It is that simple. No matter what is on it, or it looks like, if "Gen4" is not stamped on the slide 'He said," it is NOT a gen 4.

CM

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
If you bought a new 27 a few months ago it's a Gen 3. There are no Gen 4 27's yet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts