close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

12 year olds on dating sites?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Herzeleid, Oct 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. racerford

racerford

What would the teens be charged with?

Wouldn't every teen in a consensual relationship just lie and say they told the adult that they were 18 or whatever?

Check your state law and see if it says anything about "intent" or "knowingly" on the age of consent; most likely not. It probably doesn't even have "reasonable person" language.

2. MtBaldy

MtBaldy Obie Wan, RIP

I found out years after the fact my 14 yo step-sister and her 15 yo girl friend used to sneak out after they were supposed to be in bed and go to bars using fake IDs showing they were 18. From those bars they sometimes went home with 20 something guys. I've often wondered how many of those guys knew the girls they were with weren't 18 as advertised. The bartenders I'm sure knew the IDs were fake but since both girls were smoking hot when dressed up they were good for business. Of course this was all over 40 years ago so there's no way to know now.

3. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Because it comes off sounding a little silly where the girl advertised for it and willingly did it, regardless of the legal age of consent.

I don't recall too many males I knew who weren't trying to have sex by age 12 and it wasn't unheard of for girls to do the same and that was back in the 70's. This one seems to have been a little more extreme, but it's 2013.

4. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

As others have said: in the first town where I was a police officer there was a 13-year-old alleged prostitute who you could never convince me was a day under 20. Ended up getting killed in a car wreck with a 30-something guy in the middle of the night, while udner the influence of drugs and alcohol.

5. wprebeck

wprebeck Got quacks?

I agree - especially when you have folks who claim to be keepers of the peace, but brag about hanging out with felons. I mean, I hang out with them all day, too - but, it's not a social setting, though. Kinda my job, really.

But yeah, sad.

Oh - back on topic. :whistling:

That's why parents should be "parents", and not "friends". I monitor my children's internet activity all the time. Randomly, at that. My 14 year old has a tablet, a laptop, and now her first smartphone. At any given point, I'll do a random search, and call her over. I check her current site visit, along with a week or more of history. Deleting stuff isn't allowed, and if I catch her doing it, she's grounded for a month, to start.

I also check her text messages, and monitor those, as well. Facebook isn't allowed, so no worries about that. And yeah, I know there are ways around my checking - she's not going to be able to do that. Generally, I approach these checks as if I'm expecting her to hide something...I deal with inmates who are very creative about hiding things - my little girl isn't near as dissembling as one of them. Makes life a lot easier.

Point being, I am a father - not her friend. More people should try this, instead of being buddy-buddy with their kids. There's a time and place for that; there's also a time and place for laying down the law, and ensuring your kids follow the rules. Again, no worries there, since all my kids know where "that line" is.

I'm not saying I'm perfect, or that my kids are, either. Just that, usually when they do something sneaky, I've already caught them before they even realize they're busted. Between the crap I pulled as a kid myself, and having nearly 14 years of dealing with criminals and their nonsense, I've got a great BS detector. I'm sure they'll try and put one over on me from time to time - I'm also sure that they'll get caught quickly, and pay dearly. :supergrin:

6. Cavalry Doc

Cavalry Doc MAJ (USA Ret.)

If you are dating, check ID. 15 will get you 20.

7. 686Owner

686Owner NRA Life Member

And if it's fake?

8. racerford

racerford

Well, in most states you could still be prosecuted.

9. jp3975

jp3975

Good point. Maybe he knew. I must have missed that.

Although, that could just be the girl lying.

She made an ad on an adult dating site, lied about her age, snuck out to meet the guy, then told her mom when she got into trouble for not being where she was supposed to be.

Also...there are plenty of 18 year olds and even older who's parents are overprotective. If he thought she was 18 and someone kept calling, then it might make sense to ask her to turn it off.

Theres nothing on the books for it. I just meant that if a minor consensually does something illegal, particularly if there is no doubt that they lied about their age, they should face consequences as well.

In this case the girl posted she was 18 on an adult website. Pretty cut and dry.

I dont think anyone will deny that people have had their lives ruined because a girl that looked old enough lied about her age.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2013
  10. wprebeck

wprebeck Got quacks?

If, after spending 30 seconds or longer with a 15 year old girl - you can't tell that she IS 15 years old...here's my suggestion:

Stop thinking with your dick, and use your head. I swear, some of you morons must not have any experience being around teen girls. That means one of a few things:

1 - You don't have a teenage daughter

2 - You don't have a teenage son who dates teenage girls

3 - You've never, in your life, spoken with a teenager girl. Hope you don't eat fast food, because in the evenings and weekends, that's who populates the majority of staffing...teens.

4 - You're a completely retarded individual who shouldn't be having sex for a number of reasons, not the least of which is that your obviously low intelligence should not be passed on to the next generation. It's not fair to your kids, to doom them to a life of being called a dumbass...seriously.

Seriously - the vast majority of teenage girls act like...well, teenage girls. And, we can "What if" and "Well, this one time I knew this one girl" all day long. The facts are simple - teens act like teens. If you can't figure it out, or are unsure, then pass on the date. Of course, if that's the case, you're likely an idiot to begin with, and won't take that advice.

<-- The father of a teenage girl, who unfortunately grew up physically way too fast for her daddy. Oh well, it's one of several reasons I carry a gun, and why I ensure that all the boys with whom she is interested know where I work, and that I'm not scared to go back there. :supergrin:

For all the "barely legal" types - feel free to pretend you didn't know she was 14. I'll feel free to shoot you in the head, and dump you in the woods.

11. wprebeck

wprebeck Got quacks?

Added for the "well, it's the legal age of consent" folks, too:

Yes, in Kentucky, the age of consent is 16. However, don't think that'll get you out of jail. I'd advise looking at the elements of "unlawful transaction with a minor" for starters. While it's not quite the big mean sex offense, it IS a misdemeanor - and, if nothing else, will cost you a lot of time and money to deal with in court.

I see these from time to time, with people who just can't figure out how to date within their own age brackets.

12. wprebeck

wprebeck Got quacks?

Hell, I just rechecked the statutes myself. Seems UTM1 is a big felony - can get you 10+ in prison. UTM2 is a class D, worth 1-5. Cool - I've never really dealt with anything other than UTM3, though, that's why I wasn't familiar with all the elements of the three.

13. MtBaldy

MtBaldy Obie Wan, RIP

Well, she's 31 now but I did have a teenage daughter. She's pretty smart and was well developed at 15 so she probably could have passed for 18 then. On the flip side, I've know some 20 something girls that sound like they're 12. Ya just never know. I'm pretty sure when I was dating I was never with any underage girls but then again I always liked girls a few years older than me anyway. Trying to talk to girls my age in my 20s hurt my brain. My dog made more sense than most of them. I do agree today if I was dating and in doubt I might want to see a government issued photo ID.

14. Cavalry Doc

Cavalry Doc MAJ (USA Ret.)

Then at least if you are prosecuted, you'll be able to show you took reasonable precautions. There would be a lot to imagine to come up with a scenario for how that would eventually play out. The details would be pertinent.

Sleep with a 15 year old without checking ID, and it would probably be worse. No plan is perfect, but a decent plan can help.

15. racerford

racerford

To those that are not too careful, I will point out that if she is lying about her age, she is probably lying about birth control. She is probably lying about being a virgin. So there you will be; in jail, with VD, and child support payments waiting for you to pay when you get out.

Good luck with that.

Yet another reason not to drink alcohol or take mind altering drugs.

16. AZ Husker

AZ Husker

Very true. Ever watch that TV show with Stone Phillips busting adult men for trying to have sex with minors? That is not an accident, they knew what they wanted. The setup very clearly said many times that she (or he) was 14, etc.

17. Folsom_Prison

Folsom_Prison Brew Crew

I'm 25 and guilty of this, I've been out and about and saw a portion of a girl which with my angle before I saw the face I thought was built like a brick S*** house and a grown woman.

After the fact when I realized I felt bad. Young girls don't seem to be built the way they were ten plus years ago when I was a teenager. I might sound like a creeper but just stating facts from my exsperience.

18. Folsom_Prison

Folsom_Prison Brew Crew

Chics like that usually have what's called "daddy issues" from my exsperience.

19. Woofie

Woofie Disirregardless CLM

I know. Most social networking sights require you to be at least 13 before you can sign up...:whistling:

20. elsolo

elsolo

Oh Sh_t. How old are you?
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SKfkvvtqN0"]American Graffiti (2/10) Movie CLIP - Wanna Go For A Ride? (1973) HD - YouTube[/ame]

about 1:45 in

Last edited: Oct 30, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.