close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

11 min telemarketer call ..

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by harleyfx69, Feb 25, 2010.

1. harleyfx69

harleyfx69

i guess its a telemarketer, its something from my school wanting me to donate money for some scholarship ..

so that + me being bored, i tied her up for 11 minutes ..

and i got her confirmation that the scholarship is not biased towards jewish people, white people, black people and those sneaky canadians , nor our millitary,

it is also tax deductable whatever i choose to donate,

she is apparently not single, nor does she need any time to relax,

you have to be a person of good standing in your community with a respectable gpa, along with outside school achievements ..

and i think she really was getting annoyed at all my questioning ..

and i ran out of stuff to bug her with at the end and i may or may not have repeated questions

2. the iceman

the iceman Proud Veteran CLM

What was she wearing?

3. KiloBravo

KiloBravo NRA Life Member

Telemarketer pranks are the best. I understand folks have to make a living, so I do not use any profanity when speaking to them. I have tied them up before to the point where one was swearing at me though. :whistling:

My friend's pap likes to answer the phone, then ask them to hold for a second. Then he puts the phone down w/o hanging it up and goes back to what he was doing before they called. He likes seeing how long some of them will hold before they finally hang up. If his wife comes along and hangs up the phone while they are still on the line, he yells at her that it was very rude to do that to somebody. :rofl:

4. harleyfx69

harleyfx69

damit .. i should have asked her that, i dont know how that slipped my mind, but that is a really good one ..

5. wavetrain75

wavetrain75 Useless Member

My college calls every year looking for money. I always hang up. On one occasion I was actually back to visit a week or so after hanging up on their beg-a-thon. In the course of being introduced to some people one of them remembered me as the guy who hung up on her.

It was a little awkward. Not a lot, but a little.

6. major

major Rejected member

Yup, I've done that. I hate it when these people call in the evening when I'm watching TV, having dinner, or whatever. I usually say, "Hey, I really, really want to talk to you but I'm right in the middle of something.....hold on, I'll be back in just a minute". Then put the phone down.......then come back every few minutes and say, "Keep holding.....I'm almost through!"

Or even better...............say, "Hey, I really, really want to talk to you but I'm right in the middle of something.....give me your home phone number and I'll call you when I take my break tonight. I work third shift so it should be around 3:00 or so."

The only thing better than hanging up on a telemarketer is getting them to hang up on you.

7. tbhracing

tbhracing Senior Member

I just let them talk and say "ummm hmmmm"" and dash over to the PC and click on some verbal pron. The screaming and moaning throws them off. Then I will say something like- Did you hear that, she is all done! So are we, click.

8. KiloBravo

KiloBravo NRA Life Member

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

9. Weiser 878

Weiser 878 R O C K E R

You people still have landlines?

10. Rooster Rugburn

Rooster Rugburn Got Pignose?

Last edited: Feb 25, 2010
  11. harleyfx69

harleyfx69

nope,

this came as an unknown number or restricted or whatever it is..

i have job apps out right now so i figured it had the possibility of being important

and i just realized it came at 7 oclock at night ..

12. tbhracing

tbhracing Senior Member

Yes. And I have received Telemarketers spam on my cell too. Only like once or twice.

13. Halojumper

Halojumper

My college used to call up and ask for money and I usually gave them some until one year when I forgot to send the check out right away they started sending me overdue notices. Since then I have never given them a dime and I tell them why when they call.

14. j-glock22

j-glock22

for those of you in Cincinnati 700AM radio... remember the ol' Gilbert Gnarley marketing calls?

15. goldenlight

goldenlight

Back when I first bought my house, there was no such thing as caller ID.

But the record of the title changing on my house was public record, and every two-bit 'home improvement company' mined title transfers for 'sales leads'.

Everybody selling every kind of home improvement carp in the world called me.

I managed to convince all of them that I was flat stone broke (absolute truth), except for one guy selling new storm windows.

The world as we know it could not possibly continue, unless I bought a carpload of new storm windows.

That asshat called 3 or 4 times a week, for about 6 months.

I hung up on him, called him names, swore at him, even talked to his supervisor.

Nothing would stop this idiot from calling me.

Finally, I told him I would meet him to talk about storm windows.

At noon, on my lunch hour.

I got that sorry basterd out to my house 4 times, by stringing him on with 'emergencies' at work, etc.

It was a 20 mile drive, one way, to my house. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

16. silentpoet

silentpoet

Have to for DSL and Dish Network, otherwise I would not. And I do sometimes use it to send a fax.

17. SiNNiK

SiNNiK

I got to do exactly that just a few days ago, while I was at work. Machinery in the background humming away and I told her that yes i would LOVE to only pay back half of what I owe on my credit cards, but she has reached me at work and I needed just a minute to finish what I was doing. She said no problem.

I kept coming back to the phone about every 30 seconds or so to let her know that I had not forgotten about her and that I was very nearly done. It only lasted about 3 minutes though. She hung up just when I was telling her "Ok, go ahead" and had every intention of allowing her about 5 seconds of her prepared speech before saying "Oh crap, wait one minute, be right back."

Usually I don't have the patience and when they identify themselves as "John" or "Sherry", I say well "John", I see that you are calling from (number on caller id) and I'm not quite sure how you managed it, but you've reached the office of the Texas Attorney General and we'll be contacting you, and your employer, shortly with an inquiry in regards to your business practices.

Of course that only works when I'm at work, but they just can't hang up fast enough. :)

18. G26S239

G26S239 NRA Patron

:rofl::rofl: Nice work harley. :thumbsup:

19. farnorthwintercamper

farnorthwintercamper

Yes indeed... and cheaper per year than my cell bill per month. No dropped calls either!!
    I find this very handy this week because on wed.am. I dropped my cell phone in 50' of water when I was lake trout fishing!!

20. tbhracing

tbhracing Senior Member

I hate talking on my cell- too many radio devices means less clarity. I love my landline and use my fax machine often.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2010