11 General Orders

Discussion in 'US Coast Guard Forum' started by boby, Jul 25, 2007.

1. boby

boby

I want to learn them all before I leave on the 21st. Anyone have any tips on how they did it? Thanks!

2. Buoyboy

Buoyboy

Back in 1985 before I went, my girlfriend allowed or participated in certain actions that occur between adults :supergrin: based upon how many I had memorized. There were advantages for knowing more and it was quite motivating.

If you can't swing that memorize the first one, memorize the second and repeat the first. Memorize the third while repeating the second and first, ....

Good luck,

3. boby

boby

Haha that could work Ill have to see how the wife enjoys that idea! Thanks :)

4. Buoyboy

Buoyboy

Wife.....you might have more luck w/ the second approach...

Seriously, good luck learning the general orders. The two month absence of bootcamp will make you appreciate your wife even more. I know that every trip I make, coming home to the family is the best part.

Hope you get a good billet in a place where you and your wife can live comfortably.

Best wishes,

Buoyboy

5. boby

boby

Haha I just got married 2 weeks ago so nothing has changed much. Everyone tells me to give it a year or so.

I can remember the first two now, I'm just kinda trying to read one over and over throughout the day then a different one the next. Hopefully I can get them all in my head before I leave!

Thanks, I hope to get stationed in either Maine or Florida. Kind of opposites of each other but I like both states. We will see how it goes.

6. AZ_Quailhunter

AZ_Quailhunter NRA Life Member

Just make sure you learn them....no matter how you do it....cuz that Chief Bos'n or QM that you have for a Company Commander will be in your face having you recite them!!!! Good luck, and happy career.