Glock Talk banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Nonentity
4,472 Posts
Auto Ordnance created a few 10mm Thompson prototypes for the FBI (presumably before the Feds went to the H&K). Might just be the coolest combination of round and gun ever dreamt up. You could get an Olympic Arms 10mm upper and stick it on a class 3 auto lower. Only other 10mm subgun I'm aware of is the imaginary one from the "Fallout" computer game series. If there were any real demand, the KRISS subgun could probably be chambered in 10mm without too much work, due to the simialar lengths of the cartridges (I'm talking factory mods, not exactly a DIY project).

·
Registered
37,590 Posts
We had those when I got hired. We used the FedLite round at first then we went to Silvertip which had a nice crack to it when it left the barrel.

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
How about a AR15 lower with an upper chambered for 10mm? With a 10 or 11 inch barrel and collapsible stock it would be nice!!

·
AAAMAD
36,132 Posts
10mm Sub Guns are neat, but in practice, they're kind of a wasted exercise.

A short M-4 will do everything a 10mm will do, and, still do things the 10mm won't.

It would be a heck of alot of fun. I would like a 10mm semi auto MP-5 clone I could use on the yotes/mt lions, and skunks/***** when I'm visiting in MN

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
No bear is safe, and im pretty sure it couldnt be done due to the fact that it would almost certianly kill the operator and everyone around due to the extreme badassness everytime you pulled the trigger....chuck norris once fired one.....the blood in his body now flows backwards

·
A swamp dude
12,506 Posts
I read today that some US law enforcement agencies are buying submachine guns in 10mm because of over penetration of .223 in close quarters.

If this turns out to be true, and becomes widespread, the demand for 10mm ammo would go up and prices should go down. Not a bad development for G20 fans.

·
Badass Member
6,777 Posts
I read today that some US law enforcement agencies are buying submachine guns in 10mm because of over penetration of .223 in close quarters.

If this turns out to be true, and becomes widespread, the demand for 10mm ammo would go up and prices should go down. Not a bad development for G20 fans.
There shouldn't be overpenetration with rounds such as 55gr Federal TRU. But it would be great if you could buy full power 10mm and not the watered down crap that ammo companies pass off as 10mm. I'd venture a guess that if a dept. was going to get pistol caliber carbines, they'd get it in the same caliber as their issued pistols.

·
Florist
22,453 Posts
9mm in handguns make sense. 9mm in subguns like the MP5 don't make sense when there are full powered 10mm ammo available.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I think it is pretty strange that 10mm sub guns aren't commonplace. A 10mm sub gun makes a lot more sense to me then a 10mm handgun. And a 9mm sub gun just makes no sense to me. For a plinking range gun yes 9mm sub guns make sense IMO.

A seasoned operator who is shooting at least twice a weak is not going to have any problem with the recoil of a 10mm sub gun especially with a shouldered weapon. The cost for a goverment and military to acquire 10mm in mass cannot be all that much different then 9mm, might as well be loading their own. If cost is the reason that also makes no sense to me. There are ways to make it cost effective.

IMO a 10mm sub gun could be the ultimate SHTF gun.

For those talking about about carbines.. if a m4 can do everything a 10mm can then why do sub guns even exist? Why are mp5's part of almost every military in the world? m4 must do alot more then 9mm....

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.