Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all you speed fans, has anyone ever shot both a g33 and g29? How do they compare?

Also, I did a search with no luck, has anyone ever chrono'd standard load gold dots out of a g33 and g27? 125, 185 respectively. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
I own both. The G29 has significantly more recoil with full power loads. I needed the Pearce magazine extension for the little finger so I could control it. It cannot be compared to the G33, but the G30. The G33 is a nice gun. It is a little sharper than a G26 with a +p or +p+ load, but not much. It compares to shooting a 180gr out of the G27. The G33 fits nicely in or against the palm of my hand and I shoot it well. Since I am a velocity freak I have a 4" extended barrel on mine.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thx for the reply. I own the 33 so I'm intrigued about the recoil of the 29 after your response. If the 29 is that much more snappy than the 33 it must be quite a handful!

Anyone else have some feedback? I'm thinking about getting either a 20 or 29 but not sure if I'm wanting something with so much kick.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Anyone else shoot both guns with similar or dissimilar results?

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
This video may help you. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urxT53-Ukig

The G27 and G33 recoil are similar however just can feel a little different. Keep in mind the G29 is a slightly larger package than the G33. Hopefully GAP will be releasing G29 and G30 floorplates soon which should help with the grip a bit. I fyou can find someone in or area with a G29 that you could shoot I think that would help you the most.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
I have both and shot both at the range at same time. I was wondering same thing. I actually thought both were pretty similar in recoil. The 29, maybe just slightly more. And i was shooting full power dt rounds. Keep in mind that the 29 slide is significantly heavier than the 33, which helps tame the recoil.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ahh just what I needed, thx for replies.

Dpa, how do grip sizes compare?

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
i have the pinky extenders on both, and highly recommend them. the 29sf is a little bit bigger then the standard size grip. the 33 grip size fits my hands a little bit better, with small hands. if ur thinking of the 29, i would definately get the sf...

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thx for the feedback I'll go to the shop and check em out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts