Glock Talk banner

10mm Powder

17424 Views 45 Replies 28 Participants Last post by  DWARREN123
You guys loading for 10mm, what are your favorite powders? I’m an Alliant/Hercules fan from way back, love Bullseye for 9mm/45,38spl. I see where a lot of guys like Blue Dot. Any help would be great, Thanks
Reactions: John Wesley
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

· Registered
433 Posts
Just checked 10 straight and each was dead nuts .400 I'll check a few more but looks like they did good on this batch. Hopefully the 20 will like them lol. It's the lightest bullet I will load. The 180xtp worked great so I know those are good to go.

· Registered
40,433 Posts
This thread reminds me that I need to do some more load development for my woods carry loads soon; it's about time to get back in the woods and the bears are about ready to come out.

I bought a can of Blue Dot and found it had unnecessarily harsh recoil.

I did a bunch of load development for shooting GSSF matches so I was going for soft shooting and accurate and the Win 231 worked well for that. As does Unique and Titegroup.

Will have to take notes from this thread to see how to make a 190gr hard cast bullet go fast and be accurate.
Recoil is something you are goung to have to live with when talking full power 10, no way around it. So forget anything faster than PowerPistol for serious 10 loads. In a stock g20 bbl, you can expect 1200fos with a 200gr bullet & good brass life with good accuracy.
My woods load is a 195gr wlfp I cast myself. Accuracy with lubed bullets was just ok, but going to powder coated tightened things up a bit. I like aa#9 for 200gr bullets, accuracy & good vel, win, win. Longshot does ok but better with 165-180gr in my exp. I havent tried be-86 yet but I expect it will be sim to PP in vel & probably accuracy.

Reactions: vart
41 - 46 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.