Glock Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
40,402 Posts
10mm is no diff than any other pistol rd. Powder choice depends on what you want to achieve. I bought a 10 to run full power 200gr bullets. Bluedot, longshot & aa#9 give me best vel with accuracy. For lighter loads, anything you run in 45 will be fine in 10mm. A lot of 800x fans, but I never got great accuracy with the 200gr.

· Registered
40,402 Posts
I have not loaded 10mm in a while. I started putting some 200 XTP loads together over the weekend. I ended up using my old stand by 10mm powder again, Blue Dot. To me Blue Dot felt like it was a little softer shooting than AA#9 with top end Book Loads.

Bob R
Probably getting a bit more vel with AA#9. I still like BD in the 10mm, one of the only reasons I still have it on my shelf. The more I shoot AA#9 though the more I like it for the accuracy. Not sure what I am doing wrong with 800X, but I never have gotten great accuracy with it & the weighing every charge gets old quick.

· Registered
40,402 Posts
While I don't dislike 800X, I was never able to get anywhere near what some are loading without brass shear.

Maybe it's the tight chamber, but I found my stopping point well south of other's max loads.
Agree. I Think most that have worked high pressure 800x loads are just getting lucky. I have gotten the vel but not the accuracy I want. Since no one has put out pressure data I am aware of, I'll not buy more, just wasting my $$$.

· Registered
40,402 Posts
After almost a year off I'll be testing with my Pressure Trace this spring / summer, should be interesting where 800X loads end up.
Cool. Been wAnting to get one but imo, Need a tc to do the testing. What are you testing with?

· Registered
40,402 Posts
I built a platform that uses interchangeable barrels. The first two, a G20 LW with the chamber turned down & and an AR, provided low, but consistent, readings.

I purchased a 4140 Green Mountain .40 blank a while back, just need to have it chambered.

The 4140 barrel should provide more realistic numbers vs. the SS LW & Kaw 4150 barrels.
Good stuff. I was thinking custom tc bbl in 10, have it made as a 5". Keep me posted.

· Registered
40,402 Posts
This thread reminds me that I need to do some more load development for my woods carry loads soon; it's about time to get back in the woods and the bears are about ready to come out.

I bought a can of Blue Dot and found it had unnecessarily harsh recoil.

I did a bunch of load development for shooting GSSF matches so I was going for soft shooting and accurate and the Win 231 worked well for that. As does Unique and Titegroup.

Will have to take notes from this thread to see how to make a 190gr hard cast bullet go fast and be accurate.
Recoil is something you are goung to have to live with when talking full power 10, no way around it. So forget anything faster than PowerPistol for serious 10 loads. In a stock g20 bbl, you can expect 1200fos with a 200gr bullet & good brass life with good accuracy.
My woods load is a 195gr wlfp I cast myself. Accuracy with lubed bullets was just ok, but going to powder coated tightened things up a bit. I like aa#9 for 200gr bullets, accuracy & good vel, win, win. Longshot does ok but better with 165-180gr in my exp. I havent tried be-86 yet but I expect it will be sim to PP in vel & probably accuracy.

Reactions: vart
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.