Glock Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

24,310 Posts
Unique is fine for modest velocity "FBI Load" levels. Quicker burning powders like Bullseye can be made to work, but suboptimal. Slower burning powders are most suitable.

Blue Dot is one of them and a great overall powder for 10mm.
My favorite for max effort 10mm loads is Accurate No. 9.

Also consider:

Hodgdon Long Shot
Accurate No. 7
Alliant Power Pistol
"Slower burning powders are most suitable.
Also consider:

Hodgdon Long Shot
Accurate No. 7
Alliant Power Pistol"

Of those 3 Power pistol is the fastest burning. Slower powders will give the highest velocities with the lowest pressures.

24,310 Posts
Probably getting a bit more vel with AA#9. I still like BD in the 10mm, one of the only reasons I still have it on my shelf. The more I shoot AA#9 though the more I like it for the accuracy. Not sure what I am doing wrong with 800X, but I never have gotten great accuracy with it & the weighing every charge gets old quick.
Another advantage to AA9 is that it is a flash suppressed powder. 800x seems to be a popular powder among those who like to load beyond published maximum pressures. This is likely because it's not a very slow burning powder and will produce excessive pressures when loading beyond max.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.