Glock Talk banner

10mm Powder

17401 Views 45 Replies 28 Participants Last post by  DWARREN123
You guys loading for 10mm, what are your favorite powders? I’m an Alliant/Hercules fan from way back, love Bullseye for 9mm/45,38spl. I see where a lot of guys like Blue Dot. Any help would be great, Thanks
Reactions: John Wesley
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Ban Hamster
5,749 Posts
My experience with 800-x was like yours except that I had some spooky pressure symptoms on top of it.
While I don't dislike 800X, I was never able to get anywhere near what some are loading without brass shear.

Maybe it's the tight chamber, but I found my stopping point well south of other's max loads.

· Ban Hamster
5,749 Posts
Agree. I Think most that have worked high pressure 800x loads are just getting lucky. I have gotten the vel but not the accuracy I want. Since no one has put out pressure data I am aware of, I'll not buy more, just wasting my $$$.
After almost a year off I'll be testing with my Pressure Trace this spring / summer, should be interesting where 800X loads end up.

· Ban Hamster
5,749 Posts
Cool. Been wAnting to get one but imo, Need a tc to do the testing. What are you testing with?
I built a platform that uses interchangeable barrels. The first two, a G20 LW with the chamber turned down & and an AR, provided low, but consistent, readings.

I purchased a 4140 Green Mountain .40 blank a while back, just need to have it chambered.

The 4140 barrel should provide more realistic numbers vs. the SS LW & Kaw 4150 barrels.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.