10mm parts?

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by spaciorek, Mar 9, 2010.

1. spaciorek

spaciorek

I have an older Thompson Auto-ordanace 10mm, and there is a crack in the barrel bushing. Are 1911 barrel bushings a standard part or do I have to find one that was made for that particular gun? The gun tends to jam alot and when I found that crack I figured one it can't be too safe and two it may also be contributing to the jamming. Also will any 10mm 1911 magazine work with this gun?

2. 1006

If the crack is in the barrel bushing, I dought that it is unsafe or causing the gun to jam.

Any 1911 Gov. 10mm mag should work.

To replace the bushing, you need to measure the inside diameter of the slide where the bushing locks in place and measure the ouside diameter of the barrel where it locks up into the bushing.

I would try contacting the manufacture and try to get some free advice or maybe the actual part for free. It shouldn't crack.

Have you replaced the recoil spring lately? Sometimes, a new recoil spring will make it run better. The mag, or a dirty gun may also be the problem.

3. remat

remat

Standard bushing. May require fitting depending on what you get. Might try calling Kahr/AO and see what they say. If you don't want to fit a bushing or send it in you check Numrich (e-gunparts.com) as I believe they are owned by Kahr/AO and seem to have a lot of their parts.

Fitting of course, is better for accuracy. Any 1911 10mm mags should work, buuut some pistols are finicky. I have had problems with the Chip McCormick 10mm 9rounders.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2010