Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It is not a Glock, but there is one factory 10mm even smaller than a 29SF: The Bond Arms Defender in 10mm. Not easy to come by, but it literally fits in my pocket (in a holster of course). Mine was on special order for a good while and finally came in today.

Overlaid on 29SF. Looking forward to getting this to the range.

Edit to add some barrel shots:

It's not often you look down two 10mm barrels simultaneously. :shocked:

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Get it to the range and let us know what it's like to shoot.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
whats wrong with your Glock magazine?
29 KB'd at the range last week. Mag catch was sliced in half, so a mag won't seat anymore. Just put an empty one in for the sake of the pic.

·
10mm Auto
1,766 Posts
Wow how did you get it to kB? Double charge?

Also, that's a nice little gun! +1 on range report.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow how did you get it to kB? Double charge?

Also, that's a nice little gun! +1 on range report.
Don't know, still in talks with Glock and the ammo manufacturer.

·
Gen4 BETATester
5,297 Posts
Wouldnt That little 10 have insane recoil its awsome looking but I think shooting it would be a really hard to make a follow up shot. Curious to hear more from the range

·
10mm Auto
1,766 Posts
Now I don't know if this is true or has anything to do with it but I've read somewhere that the G.29's chamber is a little bit less supported than the G.20's.. I don't know for sure since I don't have both models but from looking at this picture it seems to me like that might be true.

Again, this doesn't necessarily have anything to do with Carlos' kB! but then again it might.

It's really hard to figure out why these malfunctions happen because it usually obeys to a combination of several factors, which is also why they are so rare.

Hope you figure it out man and that you get your gun back up and running!

Personally I wouldn't worry too much about this happening to me. Just a couple days ago CanyonMan was telling us about his kaboom shooting factory Winchester Silver Tips out of a G.20. So who knows, I've seen revolvers, rifles, shotguns and all sorts of semi auto pistols that blew up for one reason or another. It's generally very very rare. Just make sure to be extremely careful with your own reloads and don't buy ammo from random people at gun shows. Make sure there is someone standing behind the product, like you'll find with Swamp Fox, Winchester, etc.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
carried a bond arms derringer in 45 ACP for a couple years. Do yourself a favor and DO shoot it for accuracy, many people dismiss the derringer as a "belly gun' and never really TRY to shoot it. With some practice, i was able to do headshots at a little over 20 yards. I took a few squirrels with it , too.

they are well built little suckers, thought the do weigh as much as a small revolver- for two shots.

·
Registered
238 Posts
That holster looks great - is that from bond arms too? If not, please share who did the leather.

Sorry to hear about the KB. Seems like I hear about lots of them here on GT. Makes me nervous!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That holster looks great - is that from bond arms too? If not, please share who did the leather.
Yes, the holster is from Bond Arms. They make a bunch from pocket, to IWB, OWB, and shoulder holsters. I'm going to add the driving holster, which holds the gun horizontally for cross draw.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I was thinking bout getting a pocket gun and I am still trying decide if I wanna mini revolver or a derringer, your sweet little 10MM looks awesome, can't wait too hear how it shoots... just out of curiosity how much did it set you back??

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I was thinking bout getting a pocket gun and I am still trying decide if I wanna mini revolver or a derringer, your sweet little 10MM looks awesome, can't wait too hear how it shoots... just out of curiosity how much did it set you back??
$390 new. MSRP is $399 so not much of a discount, but the best deal I could get out of the local dealers. On my pocket gun quest I had been looking at .357 snubbies and .45 ACP pocket pistols like the Kahr. Luckily I have a friend that has a BA derringer (in .45LC/.410) and I found out about the 10mm version, so I don't have to add a new caliber.

·
Registered
238 Posts
In my amateurish experience, it takes a MICRO automatic to be a great pocket gun. For example, I have a smith 442 that I keep in a pocket holster and it just goes away. I bought a PM9 to take its place because the Kahr provides significantly more firepower, but it just doesn't work in the pocket as well. There's something to the rounded lines of the revolver that makes it very well suited for the pupose. I FEEL the kahr prints... I'm sure sheople would never notice, but I like to conceal as deep as I can. I bet that bond arms model will work great in the pocket...

I was at the gunstore yesterday and checked out the bond arms 357/38. Is the 10mm the same frame size? It as heavier than I expected. Definitely more steel than I thought. Neat gun, although the gun jockey behind the counter was really trashing it. The one I looked at didn't have a trigger gaurd - I see yours does. Do you intend to carry it cocked? I didn't see any safety, so carrying cocked still seems a little dicey, even with the gaurd. If you can't carry it cocked, what advantage is the gaurd? Not trashing it, just asking!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts