close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

10mm G29 Mag extension help?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by FuerGrissaOstDrauka, Feb 3, 2010.

1. FuerGrissaOstDrauka

FuerGrissaOstDrauka

Okay, so I just got my first G29, and I'm going to be carrying it as soon as I can afford to get some ammo to break it in and find ammo I like to carry. Have a holster and some spare mags on the way.

My question is, when I carried my G30, the mag didn't quite sit flush, the floorplate hung down a half an inch or so, I think it was because it was a 10 rounder instead of the 8 or 9 rounder that would've sat flush with the G30.

So my question is, can I get a similar floorplate for g29 mags? That extra half inch was a great place for my pinky to go. I always put +2's on my G26 when I carry it for the same reason (and a couple extra rounds).

Now I'm resolute on not using non-glock parts, as past experience has showed me time and time again, so does Glock make any factory extension for the g29 mags? Having a little trouble finding them if so.

Thanks!

:wavey:

2. FuerGrissaOstDrauka

FuerGrissaOstDrauka

Perhaps I should look into the Pearce extensions? Are they reliable?

[​IMG]

3. PBRLite

PBRLite

Yes they are.....reliable that is. All it is doing is just replacing the factory floor plate. It does not increase mag capacity.

4. Crazy Ed

Crazy Ed Senior Member

I've tried all the extensions out there for my G29 mags. After too many issues I went back to just the +0 Pearce Grip Extension. Remember you can always use a G20 mag as a backup.

Ed

5. FuerGrissaOstDrauka

FuerGrissaOstDrauka

The mags I ordered were G20 mags. My carry regimen always goes as follows:

G26 w/ 10 rounder with a factory +2, 2 g17 mags with +2's.
    G30 w/ 10 rounder factory mag, 2 g21 mags
    and with the mags I ordered I'll be carrying my G29 with a 10 rounder in it, and two 15 rounder G20 mags as reloads.

I'm just trying to figure out the most reliable option for a pinky rest, since Glock doesn't make an equivalent of the G30 +1 for the G29.

Looks like pearce may be the way to go with a +0, but I still kind of wince at using a non-glock product.

6. Butch

Butch RetiredDinosaur CLM Millennium Member

I have and regularly use a lot of Pearce's products.....no need to worry.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. FuerGrissaOstDrauka

FuerGrissaOstDrauka

Thanks again Butch!

I wish I had realized I was going to need one of these before I placed my order with botach for mags yesterday. D'oh.

8. agtman

agtman 10mm Spartiate

I'll second Pearce's "pinky finger shelf" extension plates. They're a simple and unobtrusive way to assist in handling recovery for a second or follow-up shot when firing high-performance ammo - like DT, Buffalo Bore, or one's own hot handloads with equivalent felt-recoil levels.

They also, in my experience, don't create printing issues when carrying concealed. There's no increase in mag capacity with the Pearces, but then the plates also don't introduce unreliability to the magazine's feeding that "+2"-type extensions do. This occurred with some I've tried in the past, and a number of 10mm users have also posted about it down on the 10Ring.

:cool:

9. G33

G33 Frisky! CLM Millennium Member

Pearce and the Plus 2.
    :supergrin: