10mm Brass Score

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by JTknives, Feb 8, 2010.

1. JTknives

JTknives

I moved this here as i did not know that i was not to post this in the general glock forum.

Well i keep my eyes out for reloading supples in the local adds. I came across a reloading add saying thy had a ton of stuff to sell. So last night i emailed them and said i was looking for 10MM stuff. he said he would pull out the 10 stuff for me. well i showed up and he had a box of brass, 1000 laser cast bullets as well as a set of Lyman dies and a 30 rounds of Federal 10mm rounds. i walked out with it all for 250 bucks. i got home and counted the brass and there was 2000 rounds of brass. its all brand new Star Line brass. and i payed 120 bucks for it :D so what is that .06 cents a case. the bullets i payed 90 for a thousand and 30 for the dies and 8 for the 30 rounds of Federal. so all in all I'm pumped for the killer deal i got on the brass. i thought it was only a 1000 as the box it was in said 1000 but then i noticed it said winchester 30-30 and i thought hum i bet there is a bunch more then a 1000 in there. And it has been hard to find 10mm brass for cheep or even at all as it seams like its all on back order. <!-- / message --><!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: ad_showthread_firstpost_sig --><!-- END TEMPLATE: ad_showthread_firstpost_sig -->

2. Tmygun

Tmygun

That was a great deal!!!! You shouldn't need 10mm brass for A LONG time:wow: Are you going to shoot the Laser Cast bullets out of a stock Glock barrel? I was considering trying lead in my Glock at modest velocities and cleaning it well. I don't know, some say yea, some nay:dunno:.
    Happy shooting!!!!

Tmygun:wavey:

3. JTknives

JTknives

yep i'm going to shoot the laser cast out my glock :) my manual onley says no reloads. of course im going to keep an eye on it

4. Tmygun

Tmygun

I'd like to hear how the Laser Cast bullets work out for you, keep us posted:supergrin:.

Tmygun:wavey:

5. JTknives

JTknives

he has 5 more boxes of laser cast that i'm going to try and get for less.

6. RustySocket

RustySocket

I shoot low velocity lead out of my G20 stock. I have never shot more than 50 without a cleaning with SOLVENT.

When I first got into glocks I didn't know it wasn't reccomended and never had any trouble. I keep my guns real clean. ALL barrels will lead over time, if you never clean them. I find it hard to believe you can lead one to the point it will blow up.

However, there is plenty of publsihed data suggesting that sammi pressures are exceeded in a glock with less than 100 rds of lead and with the availability of jacketed and plated bullets I would NOT reccomend that YOU shoot lead out of your glock without understanding the risks involved.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2010