Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Extreme Shock Air Freedom Ammunition has a six pack of 10mm Auto 100 Grain bullets for about 8 bucks. Is this worth buying for home defense and how much do I need?:thanks:

I guess I could load 6+4Hot and just buy the one pack. Or should I have one more mag loaded this way?

·
Registered
979 Posts
Great range ammo, any other application, not so much....ymmv.

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
I'd probably want to shoot at least 50 rounds before having much confidence in them.(Thats with 50 straight, no failures) Boutique rounds like that can get expensive fast even at what seems like a reasonable price.

·
Registered
36,307 Posts
I'd probably want to shoot at least 50 rounds before having much confidence in them.(Thats with 50 straight, no failures) Boutique rounds like that can get expensive fast even at what seems like a reasonable price.
Not to mention prefrag ammo is very iffy for SD. Get a clean unobstructed hit thru soft tissue, it can be devistating. Hit a forearm bone, sternum, shoulder bone or even a heavy zipper, & the bullet comes apart leavign a nasty surface wound. Get a good JHP from a major manuf & shoot that. Your life may depend on it.:dunno:

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
Not to mention prefrag ammo is very iffy for SD. Get a clean unobstructed hit thru soft tissue, it can be devistating. Hit a forearm bone, sternum, shoulder bone or even a heavy zipper, & the bullet comes apart leavign a nasty surface wound. Get a good JHP from a major manuf & shoot that. Your life may depend on it.:dunno:
+1

I doubt hunters would use this type of bullet for deer.

Bob :cowboy:

·
Registered
9,054 Posts
Aren't they the ones with comic book advertisements?
The benefit of a 10mm is the ability to put a fairly heavy bullet in hyperspeed.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks. I read that they are what Air Marshals carry on Jets for protection. I thought they might be of use at home for self defense.

·
Registered
3,813 Posts
Thanks. I read that they are what Air Marshals carry on Jets for protection. I thought they might be of use at home for self defense.
No they don't. Last I knew they carried .357 Sig P229s, most likely with something like Speer Gold Dots or Win Ranger Ts.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts