GlockTalk Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Local shop got one in last May. They have one in stock now, friend of mine picked up the blue label G29 they had today. He is a veteran so saved $100.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Local shop got one in last May. They have one in stock now, friend of mine picked up the blue label G29 they had today. He is a veteran so saved $100.
Yea, been waiting for close to 6 weeks now for blue label LGS to get some in before Vet's Day. It's coming down to the wire...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Free Full Clip!
17,083 Posts
So, I have a new Gen 4 Glock 20 on the way from Buds Gun Shop.

This is probably a dumb question, but can you shoot .40 cal out of a 10mm? If so, can you use the 10mm magazines to do it?

I thought I read somewhere that you could, but you shouldn't. What say everyone?

Thanks. I'm a 10mm newby wanting to learn.
When I got my G20sf 7 or 8 years ago I first tried shooting 40 in it, an it worked fine. But I bought a conversion barrel thinking it would give me greater accuracy and reliability.

But after shooting many round of 40 S&W out of both the conversion barrel and the factory 10mm barrel and an aftermarket 10mm barrel, and not finding any difference in either accuracy or reliability, I stopped using the conversion barrel and have fired thousands of rounds of both calibers through the gun since.

The rim sizes are exactly the same on both cartridges and the shorter .40 S&W cartridge headspaces on the beefy spring-loaded Glock extractor. This does not put any stress on the extractor because it only has to hold the cartridge against the blow of the striker for a millisecond before the cartridge is ignited and forced back against the breech face.

Extracting the cartridge puts MUCH more stress on the extractor than holding the cartridge against the primer strike. And keep in mind that not all 10mm cartridges are exactly to spec and if a case is a little under minimum length, it will also headspace on the extractor claw.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Yes, I used to run 40S&W out of mine G20 all the time. The extractor holds the round and you can use the same magazine.
This is probably my favorite feature of Glock 10mm. I can shoot 40s&W out of it with absolutely zero modifications. No magazines, spring or barrel changes.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I have a Glock 20 and have a lot of 40 through it. The only thing different i have noticed is the cases don't fly near as far due to heavier recoil spring. It has never failed to fire and eject. I also bought a complete G21 upper and use that sometimes also.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

21 - 27 of 27 Posts