Glock Talk banner

1296 Views 7 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  4949shooter
1086 finally came in that I bought on Gunsamerica. Thought I would share a picture of it with everyone:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Ret. Fireman
4,603 Posts
PBRLite, thats a nice 1086 DA only, Mine came with the Houge rubber grips also. Let us know how it shoots. BTW check this out...

S&W 1046- 5.00" barrel double action only,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
S&W 1086- 4.25" barrel double action only, this pistol has to be partially cocked to be able to double action. By that I mean when you rack the slide to chamber a round the hammer remains partially cocked, there is NO DECOCKING FEATURE! Also the 1086 if you have a failure to fire you can not cock the hammer by squeezing the trigger a second time to fire. No Second Strike Capability. You would have to eject the round or move the slide rearward some to re-set the action to have the trigger cock the double action hammer again. Some models can be fired without the magazine present if the magazine disconnect is removed.<o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
Notice the tang/beaver tail of the 1046/1086 is shorter than the 1006/1066, 1026/1076.

· Until I Gota 29
3,063 Posts
I want a 10XX so bad. These MORONS at the pawn shop near my home have a nice but dirty 1076 for sale for $899 with three mags. They CLAIM it's an FBI gun. I told them the serial number is wrong, and $899 is way low anyway for an actual FBI gun. They have no paperwork proving its supposed FBI lineage. I emailed S&W, they told me it's not an FBI gun. I offered them $600, which is actually more than it's worth, but they won't budge. They won't believe me that it's not an FBI gun. I guess they got screwed, now they're waiting to screw someone else. I've been there about 5 times to play with it. Next time I go, I'll show them the email from S&W, but I don't think it will matter. If they drop the price to $550-600 (normal 1076 range), I will get it.

Nice 1086, PBR!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.