close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

100 round Ak drum

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired' started by Uncle Remus, Sep 22, 2002.

1. Uncle Remus

Uncle Remus Guest

This is a brand new 100 round back-loading norinco drum that fits all 7.62x39 hi-cap AK's. $155.00 shipped.

2. Wadely

Wadely not a member

;d ;d "back-loading" ;d ;d

What does that mean?

3. Lefty2Guns

Lefty2Guns got ammo?

Probably means the back has 2 latches, you pop the latches, the lid opens and you load it from the back. Snap the latches back on and wind that sucker up and your ready to go!!!

OUT
    Lefty

"back loading" I would have thought this would have been obvious???

4. Wadely

Wadely not a member

I guess I was just confused because I thought that's just how drums were. Are there some that aren't? Guess so, or he wouldn't have specified, eh? Oh, well. Thanks!

5. Uncle Remus

Uncle Remus Guest

The norinco chinese drums are all the back-loading type, with the hinged lid and the wind-up key. There are several other types of ak drums, however, such as Russian and the Romanian drums that are now available, that load only from the top, like a normal magazine. The chinese drums are superior, IMO, because they are faster to load, can be emptied quickly and easily, and can be stored loaded without tension on the spring. Then, wind up the key a few times and you're ready to go.

6. bjg

bjg

Russian drums (and clones) load one round at a time from the top of the magazine (think you also have to flip a lever between loading each round).

The Chinese drums are also more desireable as the tension in the spring can be released when the drum is loaded. Store forever, and you just wind it up to shoot. The Russian drums keep the spring under tension when they are loaded. Of course, the value of this feature depends on your "spring philosophy."