100 Day challenge. Who's in?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Batesmotel, Jan 17, 2017.

1. Batesmotel

Batesmotel

Can be anything. What can you improve on in the next 100 days?

Last year I started juicing a lot. It was to help with recovery from surgery to fix a long time infection. It worked well. I finally did a 100 day stint on straight juice. My doctor loved the results. I never stopped juicing but I have been increasing my juice once again. Today I am going back on straight juice. I am shooting for another run of 100 days leading up to a full physical. I plan on posting my progress about every two weeks.

Who wants to join me with some goal? Anything at all.

Mrs.Cicero likes this.
  2. The_Dan

The_Dan The underscore is silent

I pledge to stop, or at least significantly reduce, or at least pay attention to who can hear me, telling people the truth when they ask "how is my work performance" type questions.

I'm up for a promotion and I have realized that honesty isn't always the best policy if you want to move up in a large company. I'm not very political, so I need to be very quiet instead.

100 days of thinking about that before I speak will do my career path wonders

3. ede

ede

I'm going to try for no sex. It may be cheating but I'm going to have surgery to help me in that respect.

4. Batesmotel

Batesmotel

That what my wife is doing. In previous positions she has needed to give IMEDIATE answers. Just the way it was. As she moves higher into management she needs to slow down and give more thought out answers.

5. G23c

G23c

I'm in! details to follow ...

6. M&P15T

M&P15T All Hail King Kona

Good luck OP, we're all pullin' for you.

I have my own challenge I'm working on right now, so I can only wish you the best.

7. The_Dan

The_Dan The underscore is silent

Yeah... I just needs to shut up sometimes, maybe most of the time. I'm accurate, I am honest, but my file describes me as "direct" and the people getting promoted are not described that way. I was not feeling well for a week with allergies giving me a sore throats and consequently didn't speak much...just quietly did my thing...my boss grabs me Friday and congratulates me for showing leadership and taking his advice seriously by letting others solve problems without my direct input.

I understood what he meant...shut up Dan.

Diesel_Bomber and G30SF/F-250 like this.
  8. snappy

snappy

I'm in, I've joined back up with Weight Watchers that work offers. They pay half the cost of the program, and I've had good success with it in the past, it was my own stupidity that I put some weight back on. I'll post results as we move ahead.

orangejeep06 likes this.
  9. GreenDrake

GreenDrake Rip Lips

Doing the juicing thing as well. I haven't gone 100 days but 30 with straight juice then add in healthy, balanced dinners. Lost 30 lbs last time. I love the results with juicing, after a week, its a piece of cake, once you break the carb cravings.

10. pittpa

pittpa What did I come in here for?

Fortress of Solitude on 11th floor - SW PA 'burbs
    Kramer Im out.gif

11. Dragline

Dragline

What kind of juicers are you guys using?
    We had a nice one some years back but eventually got turned off and stopped using it when we saw how much leftover pulp we were throwing away. We would juice carrots, apples, celery, greens etc. but then feel bad when it often seemed like the best part of the produce was ultimately being tossed.

12. wnr700

wnr700

Now fully healthy from Strep Throat, I was thinking with 50 weeks left in the year I was going to try and lose on average a pound a week.

So in the next 100 days that means losing 14 pounds.

I am in...

orangejeep06 likes this.
  13. Batesmotel

Batesmotel

I use a Breville Juice Fountain Duo. I love it but I should have bought the Juice Fountain, not the Duo. The duo will also pulp soft foods like bananas for smoothies but a blender does a much better job on that. The extra cost for the Duo model wasn't worth it if you want smoothie and already own a good blender.

I like the Breville because they are simple and just work well. Easy to take apart with out tools and clean. Most are that way now though. The older ones were a pain to clean. I use it a lot and am hard on blades. Buying new blazed is easy. Log on to their site and order directly. Some juicers make you use third party vendors for parts.

When I wanted to start juicing again I quickly got sick of the old juicers I had and started looking for new ones. I liked the Breville then I watched the Movie Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead. By Joe Cross. He uses a Breville in the movie so I went with my gut and his recommendation. But frankly there are a lot of good ones out there now. Juicing has become very popular and competition has forced everyone to make better juicers.

Also look at any local classified websites for used ones. Many people try it and don't like it and sell new juicers real cheap.

As for the pulp, my garden soil is very poor so I mix it into the planter boxes in the warm months. In the winter it just gets tossed out because the ground is frozen and the dogs will get into it if I just dump it on the garden.

14. Resqu2

Resqu2

I have around 100 days to get ready for my first 5k of the new year. So I will hit the gym every day to get ready. I guess that counts as a challenge. My goal is a sub 30 min 5k. And by sud I will be very happy if it's just 29.59 minutes lol.

15. TBO

TBO Why so serious? CLM

1504 7th Street South, Minneapolis, MN 55454
    I won't watch anymore Dallas Cowboys football games this season.

:tbo:

Sent from my Jackboot using Copatalk

AZLawDawg, KWalrad, pgg00 and 2 others like this.
  16. G30SF/F-250

G30SF/F-250 Pinky Out Platinum Member

PA to LA to NY to FL to IL to VA to GA to OH to FL
    I have been thinking since this thread started.

I got nothing that needs improving. :dunno:

:whistling:

TBO and pgg00 like this.
  17. 686Owner

686Owner NRA Life Member

Wait, you're going on steroids?

ScarFace88 and silentpoet like this.
  18. G19 DB

G19 DB

Instead of drinking a couple beers tonight when I got home, I hit the nordic trac. First time this year (I think). I can definitely improve on that.

19. Nestor

Nestor Lean & Mean

I actually started my challenge after coming back from family vacation last year. Great time, but my gut was out of control and I was out of shape due to some excuses connected with my injuries. Too much beer as well and poor diet. I sure look and eat better now, but I can jump on 100 days challenge as well, as my motivation needs a new boost. I'll try to put some more muscles on and stop drinking any alcohol during this time. Need to weight myself and make a note.

20. Detectorist

Detectorist

I'm returning to strength training with weights. I squatted only 125Lbs 2 days ago. I pledge to increase that by 100lbs in the next 100 days.