100,000 dead

Discussion in 'Covid-19 News/Info' started by G33, May 22, 2020.

1. Deltic

Deltic

Viet Nam is a communist country. Don't trust what they say to be even remotely accurate.

2. nursetim

nursetim

If you haven’t realized by now that the media, from day one, has been duplicitous in the harming of this nation and that the government can no longer be believed to have the well being of its people, well, I will never be able to convince you otherwise. You will never realize that we have steadily been losing freedom for decades.
    You love your country and are a patriot, of that there can be no doubt. Our country is on the precipice of failure. We have a debt that can not be repaid, we have money that has no value, we have elections that can not be trusted and we are a people divided fanned by the msm and social(ist) media.

this helped me understand why others don’t see the situation as I do. https://zdoggmd.com/masks-morality/

3. tool-time

tool-time

So when the hypocrisy and lies become undeniably obvious we still should follow our corrupt state leaders? This is not on Trump.He has allowed the states to make their own decisions, exposing the dictatorial behavior of the blue state governments.

redneck ron, BigBluefish and nursetim like this.
  4. PhotoFeller

PhotoFeller A swamp dude

I think you should stop bellyaching and do what patroits do, work for change. You aren't accomplishing anything except relieving your tendency to yap.

GT reaches thousands of people, so it's a means to send out positive messages for reform you want in America. The people who died in wars for us would expect no less.

If you must complain, shout about the places that are screwing up like NY, Michigan and California. You just bark at the moon like the whole country has failed to perform well against COVID. You say Trump isn't at fault, but government dishonesty in general is a common theme in these threads.

Our Aussie and British friends on GT must wonder what's holding this country together.

SevenSixtyTwo likes this.
  5. tool-time

tool-time

Wasn't looking for your advice. Already stated that this is not on Trump, the states were given leeway and the dems revealed their true Nature

“Those who seek absolute power, even though they seek it to do what they regard as good, are simply demanding the right to enforce their own version of heaven on earth. And let me remind you, they are the very ones who always create the most hellish tyrannies. Absolute power does corrupt, and those who seek it must be suspect and must be opposed.”

6. PhotoFeller

PhotoFeller A swamp dude

You should consider joining the militia, or, better yet form your own unit.

Patriots who fear the government is out of control take steps to resist.

I hope you’re having a great holiday in this great country. Stay safe.

7. tool-time

tool-time

Seems like you’re the one that wont stop yapping. Frustrated teacher?

redneck ron likes this.
  8. PhotoFeller

PhotoFeller A swamp dude

You got something against teachers?

9. tool-time

tool-time

LOL You obviously are looking to argue about anything. You should sleep this one off. It will be better in the morning.

10. TheDreadnought

TheDreadnought

No such thing anymore.

We are no longer one people. We are an irreconcilably divided nation headed for a breakup in the next few decades.

But that is a separate thread.

11. PhotoFeller

PhotoFeller A swamp dude

This kind of complaining tends to rankle me. Makes me think we've taken our eye off of the important stuff in order to chase petty issues. This is the greatest place on earth but we're acting like the USA is in the tank. I'm just not buying it, any of it.

I tried to sign off earlier by sayin' "I hope you're having a great day...", and I meant it.

Debating here makes us stronger if we're honest and stay true to important values. No harm no foul. Have a good Memorial Day.:flag:

12. redrick

redrick

I do against most college professors .

nursetim and redneck ron like this.
  13. OXMYX

OXMYX

ChiCom post made to divide America and question our leadership.

We’ll be seeing a lot of these posts leading up to the election

14. racerford

racerford

Beautifully written, but based on a false premise. Every step of the way has been about creating division, and panic, by experts, and politicians. Where was the unity on deciding who they would put out of work, out of business, especially where the disease was not a problem. We have been having pandemics for thousands of years. For the past few hundred years, we have been able to something about it beside comfort the sick. We have learned that quarantining the sick has been very effective. We have had diseases that were infectious prior to symptoms. Somehow we figured out alternatives to take steps to protect the most vulnerable without shutting the economy down nationwide. This is by far not the worst disease we have faced, and survived. With someone we believe in, we are unstoppable, when you attempt to deceive us or take advantage of us, we are immovable. We do not go along just to go along. We need to be persuaded. The media, government, politicians have failed to persuade the public due to their flip flops and fear mongering.

The most fundamental difference our government, when it was established, was that we were free to criticize the government. It is our duty to make sure our representatives know exactly the government we want, and don’t want. We are not in a war. There is no enemy that we need to show a united front to. The virus is not cognizant of how we feel. We need to make sure that the government doesn’t make the same mistakes again.

nursetim likes this.
  15. OXMYX

OXMYX

One thing we do know. States still in lockdown have more cases and deaths than states that have opened up.

nursetim likes this.
  16. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Agreed. National unity does not exist and there is no sign it will come back. Our increasingly divided politicians are just a symptom of the fact that the voters are increasingly divided and are electing politicians to reflect their views. 40 years ago, Donald Trump would have been dead last in the primary - we elected him because we are increasingly outraged at the far-left extremes of the Democrats. When the left is starting fist-fights, we don't want to respond with Mr. Rogers.

On one hand we could say "they're still in lockdown because they have more cases and deaths, not because they're having more cases and deaths because of the lockdown."

On the other hand, we could say all they have proved about the lockdown is that it makes no difference. We could point to Sweden and Japan for evidence of that.

TheDreadnought likes this.
  17. surevaliance

surevaliance

18. SevenSixtyTwo

SevenSixtyTwo

One anti masker who wished he would have masked up.
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...as-fake-crisis-then-he-contracted-it-n1209246

PhotoFeller and billy_56081 like this.
  19. redneck ron

redneck ron Displaced Hillbilly

surevaliance likes this.
  20. TheDreadnought

TheDreadnought

This is a perfect example of how the media lies to you even when ostensibly reporting on what happened.

“One guy who didn’t think the virus was a big problem caught it, and now regrets it.” The story’s point being that you should do everything the government tells you, or you’ll regret it.

The reality is, any sane person knows that people are getting it, and that for some it is serious. But that doesn’t mean the government recommendations are even helping or are the right thing to do about it.

Case and point, quote from the article:

Does this include following the advice of the experts when for WEEKS they were saying that there was no benefit to wearing masks in public?!

But that would have been the exact OPPOSITE of what the experts were recommending on the beginning.

There’s more examples of this kind of revisionist history around the lockdown, but I think people see the point.

The “experts” are clueless, and/or lying to you. Our government can’t navigate its way out of a paper bag and looking to them to solve a problem is foolish.

redneck ron and surevaliance like this.