10 Years my BUTT!!

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by astepup, Oct 16, 2019.

1. LEO/Dad

LEO/Dad Navy Veteran

I buy alkalines at Dollar General or HF. Had some DG's leak in my battery razor. Made a mess. Took pics and emailed to DG. Pointed out that other mfg. state that they will replace damaged item. DG sent me a new razor. True story. I was able to clean corrosion from old one, now have spare. I try not to leave batteries in an appliance, or check on them occasionally for corrosion.

2. DAKA

DAKA

Duracels leaked so badly that I had to toss a Maglight, couldn't get them out
    GARBAGE

3. Z71bill

Z71bill

I have been buying AC Delco, Amazon Basic and just bought but have not tried Allmax yet - all from Amzon.

The Allmax had a discount for first time buyer - so they were $21 for 100.

ALLMAX All-Powerful Alkaline Batteries - AA (100-Pack) - Premium Grade, Ultra Long Lasting and Leak-Proof with EnergyCircle (1.5 Volt)

also in AAA I am trying both sizes.

ALLMAX All-Powerful Alkaline Batteries - AAA (100-Pack) - Premium Grade, Ultra Long Lasting and Leak-Proof with EnergyCircle (1.5 Volt)

l always buy the 100 pack of AA and AAA - as soon as I open a new box I order another - so I always have between 100 and 200 batteries for both of these sizes.

I use to buy batteries from Sam's club - but they stopped carrying generic and only had Duracrap and Energizer. Two brands I avoid.

I have never had an Ac Delco or Amazon battery leak - I would rather be in the dark than use Duracrap - worst batteries I have ever used - and most of the time they cost more.

My wife has those battery operated candles all over - they take AA --

So I have been taking the batteries out of my flashlights, electronic safes and smoke detectors - when they get down a little and using them in the candles -- so I always have really fresh batteries in these more critical things. Sure it is a little work - but the candles will keep working until a battery only has 1.02 volts left -- so once they are down to 1.4 volts they go into the candle only box.

I also use a lot of AAA in some LED flashlights - so I bought some of these things

[​IMG]

WAYLLSHINE 16 PCS Clear Color AAA to AA/14500 Battery Holder Converter Adaptor- $9.

So now I can use up my partly discharged AAA in her AA candles. Or in a pinch could use AAA in stuff that requires AA --

Last edited: Oct 17, 2019
  4. alnicoG22

alnicoG22

I use Energizer, Eveready, Duracell, and Rayovac, thinking I'd be safe with American made quality batteries. Well, Rayovac leaked in both my 2C and 6C Maglites. After vinegar, baking soda, a drill and a TREMENDOUS amount of effort I got my 2C up and running. I'm afraid my 6C is gone. I was offered new flashlights through MagLite and Rayovac but I'm keeping them. From now on I will check the batteries each month.

5. BigBluefish

BigBluefish

Alkaline batteries are the spawn of Satan.

Eneloop AA or AAA or Energizer lithium AA or AAA.

Accept no substitutes.

6. Blanton

Blanton

Guess it's just easier for some to come to a gun forum and whine about batteries instead of taking positive action

7. Lt. Donn

Lt. Donn PSO Survivor. currently in NW Georgia

IDK...I purchase all mine on E-bay, most likely from China ( I know)...have not had any issues with AA AAA or CR123

8. Angel

Angel

Now now... we all can’t be bean counters...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

railfancwb likes this.
  9. sombunya

sombunya Use it up, throw it away

I have a rule in my home; no Duracells allowed. If I find them in anything they get pulled and tossed. If I find an unopened package it also gets tossed (therefore the wife doesn't buy any. she knows I will) Same with the Costco look alikes.

I've had too many items destroyed by them. When P&G bought the company their quality nose-dived.

Intolerant and Caver 60 like this.
  10. Rotn1

Rotn1

I’m a little out of date but as a former steel maker i would want to know why how the battery failed.
    If it doesn't have a charge that’s one thing but if they leak, it’s a disaster.
    “Battery Can” Steel is precision thin cold rolled that is typically nickel plated. It is heavily inspected for any flaws or pinholes.
    I’d want to know if it was a “can failure” or a production failure.
    Certainly their are folks selling lower qualities. Sometimes it is just a bad item that should not have got through the numerous inspections.

FullClip likes this.
  11. Fanner50

Fanner50 NRA Patron Member

I stopped using Duracell batteries a long time ago. I go for the bunny.

Intolerant and Caver 60 like this.
  12. snerd

snerd Horselover Fat

Eneloop Pro’s for a few years here. Rechargeable. But I don’t have anything requiring bigger than AA’s.

13. ray9898

ray9898

They all leak.....matter of chance.

14. Hannie Caulder

Hannie Caulder Diva extraordinaire

The best ones I have found are Radio Shack.

FullClip likes this.
  15. FullClip

FullClip Native Mainiac CLM

I've been using the "Copper Top" ones for years...zero problems other than an old digital camera I forgot about for about 15 years where the batteries corroded a little bit.

Rotn1 likes this.
  16. ron b

ron b

Nothing but rechargeable for me. Charger is running full daily.

17. ChuteTheMall

ChuteTheMall Wallbuilder and Weapon Bearer

I remember Radio Shack. :fred: They used to have stores.

18. picrthis

picrthis

that's ALL I buy now, gave up on duracells years ago, they would leak right in the package after about a year or so, total garbage, the items I put them in are worth hundreds in many cases & I'm not going to have them ruin them, I've got dozen's on Eneloop's that are 10 years old that are still going strong, and use only Energizer lithium where needed just like it seems you do, it's the only way to go

19. wyntrout

wyntrout

Duracell seems to be the worst, and Kirkland's aren't far behind. I switched to Rayovacs ON SALE at Lowe's and use Energizer Ultimate Lithium for things I want to stay powered, especially my alarm systems. I use a lot of AA's and AAA's in LED lights and those motion-detector lights around inside the house.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2019
  20. Caver 60

Caver 60

I play you 'bet your life on your lights' as a serious cave explorer.

A long time ago Duracell used to be the 'gold standard'. I wouldn't use anything else. But for the last 15 or more years I've quit buying them. To many leaking batteries ruining high dollar lights.

Intolerant, wyntrout and Cubdriver like this.