close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

10 Weeks For A Ring?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by firedawg60, Feb 5, 2010.

1. firedawg60

firedawg60

I ordered a ring for my wife from a very reputable nation wide chain. This was on Jan 11 and they told me it would be at least 4 weeks since it was a special order. OK, I could live with that. I called yesterday just to check the status and they said the delivery date would be Mar 23!!! :wow: OK, a pretty far cry from 4 weeks. :steamed:

I don’t really think this is acceptable and was wondering....Should they compensate me someway? I mean, they’ve got my money…a lot of my money, and I’ve got nothing to show for it. My thought was to get my money back and go else where, but this is the ring my wife REALLY wants. Looking for some opinions. Thanks.

2. the iceman

the iceman Proud Veteran CLM

Kay's?

Well I would seek a refund and go elsewhere but if your wife has her heart set on this ring, than just be patient and wait for it to arrive.

As far as compensation, you can argue and argue but probably won't get you very far.

3. LongGoneDays

LongGoneDays Misanthropical

You should have went to Jared. Or realized that it's just rocks and minerals and not worth the trouble.

4. Steve0853

Steve0853

Yeah....sounds like you've just got to suck it up and wait for the ring to get there.

5. firedawg60

firedawg60

No, Helzberg. A co-worker said to get my money back and buy her at pistol. Could get it the same day and it would be something on her finger!! :rofl:

6. DR. HOUSE

DR. HOUSE Everybody Lies

I have to ask..............
    What jewerly store?

7. shavedape

shavedape

Try telling that to his wife. Oy!

8. saluki9

saluki9

Four words

Blue Nile Dot Com

You get it in 48 hours, with no sales tax.

9. LongGoneDays

LongGoneDays Misanthropical

No way, I've seen a woman in battle mode over a ring. My mom was engaged to a guy a long time ago, they had ordered a ring and it was taking forever. He got a picture of it out the catalog and put it in a ring box.

Said "Baby the ring is here" and she was all smiles. He opened the box and started laughing. She went full atomic in 1/100 of a second.

10. DR. HOUSE

DR. HOUSE Everybody Lies

what about warranty though?

I bought my fiance's ring at kays cause they had a lifetime warranty. (shes rough on expensive stuff)

I have found that a lot of jewerly stores dont have a great warranty on their products.

You get free replacement of all diamonds no matter what happens. By god I dont want to have to pay for a new rock if it comes down to it.

11. Indy_Guy_77

Indy_Guy_77 Thread Killer

I'd say cancel your order, cite the wait time as being too long, get your money back, then shop elsewhere.

-J-

12. SouthernGal

SouthernGal What's Up Dox?

A lot of major chains take a long time to order items and also a long time to SIZE items bought directly out of the case. A coworker of mine got a ring from JC Penny at the same time I got my ring at Christmas. Hers took over a month to size. Mine took 3 days.

The RHR I got years ago had to be custom ordered as it could not be sized (the diamonds have no prongs). It took about 10-12 weeks to come in.

13. firedawg60

firedawg60

Helzberg

14. failsafe

failsafe

Lot's of speculator's on gold prices...I prefer a small hometown jeweler, just like a local gun shop...
    :whistling:

15. antipop

antipop

I took a ring I bought at a pawn shop back to the store that originally sold it for re-sizing, and they discovered it needed repairs. I figured since it was Zales that knows about their products and their jeweler who works on it, that I'd get what I needed done and promptly.
    So I had them get it sent over to the jeweler, and planned on picking it up a week later like they quoted to me.
    I wait, the day they supposed to have it done, haven't heard from them. Called, they said "delivery tomorrow". I wait, call again, same response. Now its two days late. I wait two days, call, delivery tomorrow. By now I'm not happy. My plans to give the ring to my then-girlfriend were ruined, her family that was in from out of town and supposed to be there when I gave it to her had went back to their homes.
    We went back and forth another five days, one of those days I actually stopped in at the store, they promised it was going to be ready any day. Its now ten days late, and I am furious. I call, start getting the run around yet again, and then the salesidiots contact the jeweler. Turns out he never got the word from them to start the work, he quoted the cost of repair, when they relayed that estimate to me, I told them to go ahead, but the salesidiots never passed that on to the jeweler. So it was the fault of Zales idiots. I tore the manager a new one, they made it almost right, took about half of the cost of repair/resize off. I would have argued for them to do more, except the idiot who made the mistake is an acquaintance, he moved in as roommate to the last place I was living at. Not a friend, but not someone I was looking to rake over the coals, and I'm pretty sure they made him pay the difference on my bill.

So, even a reputable place like Zales, isn't free from idiots.