10 round mags hard to load??

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Mountain10mm, Sep 14, 2015.

1. Mountain10mm

Mountain10mm

I have three, 10-round liberal mags that came with a G34. I use them for practicing mag changes, stoppages, etc. but have the damnedest time loading 10 rounds, even 9 rounds into them when it's time for live fire. Round 17 on a normal 9mm mag is easier to load than round 1 of the liberal mags. What is the deal? Is there a way to decrease the pressure required on the 10 rounders or are they permanently relegated non-firing duties?

2. MajorD

MajorD

No real way to make it easier I have been saddled with the ten round limit in New York and have ten round mags over 10 years old that have been used a lot and the loading of round ten has become only marginally easier in all that time plain and simple ten round mags suck. I was at a gssf match last weekend and the armorer told another shooter to return his ten rounders under warranty to replace them as the lips had already spread from the excess pressure required to load round ten and just a year or so.

3. Rankor

Rankor

Since I've moved to Nevada from Kalifornia, my G19 libby mags have been relegated to range use.

I've use mag loaders like the uplula to load the last round.

4. onespeedbiker

onespeedbiker

The standard method is to use a mag loader (this is why Glock includes them with every gun they sell) to load all 10 rounds and leave the magazines loaded. Over a couple of weeks they should loosen up. I have some 357/40 cal magazines and after 3 weeks I can now load them without a loader.

5. Koba

Koba

I don't have a nice mag loader, and mine took time to break in.

6. Mountain10mm

Mountain10mm

So there's no way to modify these things to make it easier to load? Seems like the normal 17rd. magazines take half the pressure to load. Not trying to make them hi-cap, just easier to load without the use of a mag loader. I might need to take them apart...

7. onespeedbiker

onespeedbiker

You can buy some full size magazines that have a limiter and the floor plate glued or riveted; and the price is acceptable. http://jesticearms.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=91_94&product_id=400

8. glide

glide Just sayin'

After almost ten years of use my 10 round magazines for my Glock 19 gen 3 still are hard to load up on the tenth round. So I just use an Uplula and it makes it much more easier to load up my mags.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

9. harold63

harold63 I'm not retired

Dude, I always deduct one from what it says it will hold. The only gun mag I've ever seen that would let you get the last round in without an act of God was an MPA 30. All 9 of my 13 round G21/41 mags are hard to get the last round in.

10. HGxyz

HGxyz

Try the G43, all six go in easy. G42 for that matter. Really the only Glock I download the mags on is the G30, even though I can load them full. I agree, with most of the others I have getting the last round in is harder than any before.