10 Miles from Me.....Deputy Sheriff Brutally GUNNED Down!!

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Nalapombu, Aug 29, 2015.

1. Nalapombu

Nalapombu Millennium Member

Hey all,

Very sad news here. I live in Harris County, Texas, in the Spring area. Last night around 10pm central the TV news came on and reported that a Deputy for the Harris County Sheriffs office had been shot and killed. It happened at a gas station about 10 miles from my house. Very little info was given at the time, as you can imagine, but details slowly started to emerge.

Deputy Goforth stopped to gas up his cruiser at one of these super-d-duper gas staion/mini restaurant/convenience store kinda place. He went inside apparently and as he walked back to his cruiser someone came up behind him and shot him and when he fell, he continued shooting him in the back of the head. He then ran to his maroon small pickup truck. He is described as being "dark" complected.

See story here:
    http://www.khou.com/

I just sat and watched the coverage for about 45 minutes. The more I watched the madder I got. I can't think of a more COWARDLY act than what this Piece of $*** did to this Deputy. Deputy Goforth was 47 and had 2 kids and a wife. Thanks to this scumbag, those kids will never get to see, hear or hug their Dad ever again. How do you explain this act to children?

I can't understand the EVIL that lurks out there. This murdering of LEO's is happening more and more now. Crime happens here like I've never seen before in my life. I see stuff here that I used to watch and shake my head at on Dateline or 48 Hours. I don't have my Carry permit and have been putting it off. I'm not putting it off any longer.

As for you LEO's out there, make sure you do everything you can to go home at th end of your shift. I hope they find this POS and he reaches for a gun, but being the slimy COWARD that he is, he's probably already killed himself and left some kind of rambling note on how he couldn't take it any more or some such nonsense.

Lastly, please PRAY for those 2 kids and his wife. They need it now more than they ever have in their lives.

Nalajr

G36_Me and Pwhfirefighter like this.
  2. aircarver

aircarver Descent Terminated Silver Member

There will be a manhunt ... and Texas executes ..... :steamed:

ancient_serpent likes this.

3. rgregoryb

rgregoryb Amerikaner

this is going to be the norm ,thanks Obama for the racial healing. I retired from LE 11 years ago, I could not see this as a career at this time.

IndyGunFreak, janice6, TBO and 2 others like this.
  4. ChuteTheMall

ChuteTheMall Wallbuilder and Weapon Bearer

I'm hoping there were cameras and witnesses.

5. Indian 111

Indian 111

Let's talk about the militization of the police and where all this anti-police bull crap really started.

Then we can discuss why so many people feel emboldened to commit such acts.

RIP Deputy.

ancient_serpent and Rotn1 like this.
  6. Baba Louie

Baba Louie

Dear Lord
    Condolences to and Prayers for this Officer's Families. Both Familial and LEO.

In Cold Blood.

Infuriating

Rotn1 likes this.
  7. par4buffett

par4buffett

I live in S Montgomery County, north of Harris County. This shooting makes me sick, angry and want to cry for the officer, his family, and other policemen and women.... Sick times we live in. So much emotional rage based on stupidity.... Yes, a cowardly act... someone thinking they were being righteous... offing a cop. Really? Police may have to change their routines... spend more time protecting themselves instead of protection. A policeman was murdered over in Louisiana in the last day or so, at a traffic stop. More sickness...

Rotn1 likes this.
  8. 13 ROMEO

13 ROMEO 2nd Armored Cav

RIP Deputy Goforth.
    And the to rest of our LEO's out there watch your back, its getting real stupid out there!

9. OGW

OGW SAF

Damn. Catch the perp, dress him in a shirt with a caricature of Mohammed and drop him off in Syria.

KBKEITH, MSW and TBO like this.
  10. MajJamesMcFarlane

MajJamesMcFarlane

For me Obama has nothing to do with it. There are 2 very different justice systems in this country, one for the police and one for the rest of us. Take the South Carolina case where the officer murders a man on video. If he is convicted he will probably get 30 years in prison. On the other hand there is a man in Texas who shot and killed an officer that was breaking into his house on a no-knock raid. Once he realized they were police and not criminals he disarmed and was arrested. He was denied bond, is being charged with Capital Murder and the DA has said he will be seeking the death penalty.

11. ChuteTheMall

For you truth doesn't matter.

The cop that shot the fleeing felon who just fought with him will likely go to prison, but he didn't intend to break any laws that day, unlike the habitual unrepentant criminal who illegally resisted arrest, rather than be taken alive. Bad choice.

The illegally armed criminal who chose to live in a crime scene and kill a cop at this crime scene is lucky the other cops allowed him to surrender peacefully. Amazing restraint on behalf of the fallen cop's comrades.

And you, Obamamite?

We hope you receive justice before mercy.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2015
  12. M&P15T

M&P15T All Hail King Kona

13. M&P15T

M&P15T All Hail King Kona

How do those two situations show there are 2 very different "justice systems"?

And FYI, we don't have a "justice system", we have a legal system. "Justice" ain't got nothing to do with it.

14. MajJamesMcFarlane

MajJamesMcFarlane

This attitude is part of the problem. You want people to just blindly follow authority and then the right to kill them if they don't. Shooting an old black man in the back does exactly nothing to keep us as a society safe. You might also want to re-watch that video, mainly the part where the officer places the taser next to the body in an effort to make the murder look justified. That in and of itself proves that he absolutely intended to break the law.

Rizzo likes this.
  15. Baba Louie

Baba Louie

MajJM,
    Historically speaking, Slay one of the Kings Men and yes, the penalty is far greater than one of the Kings Men taking out a pawn. Typically for good (of the community at large) cause.

C'est la Vie.

There are of course, aberrations and good cause can become a negative on the rare occasion these aberrations occur. Most (99.99%?) Coppers know the razors edge they walk daily and do a fine job in their chosen profession, IMO.

But for the lawyers, judges, politicians, etc muddying the water, they gotta work too.

Glad to know some Mothers care about right vs. wrong...

" That in and of itself proves that he absolutely intended to break the law." NO IT DOES NOT!

16. kirgi08

kirgi08 Watcher. Silver Member

17. rgregoryb

rgregoryb Amerikaner

and in the case you cited,he was arrested charged with murder and awaiting trial,what else you got?

And yes, Obama has a great deal to do with the unrest today.

IndyGunFreak and ancient_serpent like this.
  18. KWalrad

KWalrad No Wire Hangers!

If this is indeed the perp, I hope he feels the full brunt of the State of Texas justice system. Unfortunately, he'll be hailed as a hero by other dirtbags and treated as a martyr. If guilty, he should be led out the back door of the courthouse, taken somewhere secluded, and painfully be put to death. Leave the remains in a shallow grave for the carrion animals.

19. LEO/Dad

LEO/Dad Navy Veteran

Obama has done more to damage race relations than any other president. He has created this atmosphere that it is ok to rebel against authority. God Bless our LEO's. Just look at Ferguson and Baltimore. The PC crowd has tied the hands of authority.

GlockPride likes this.
  20. ChuteTheMall

Repeat criminal violently resisting arrest is part of the problem. Get taken alive if you don't want to get shot.

There is no exception for the holy sons of zero, in spite of the racist propaganda coming from Obama and his useful idiots. Black lives splatter.

That's why I carry.