close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

10 lbs worth of cat!!!

Discussion in 'Woof Memorial Critter's Corner' started by denfoote, Jan 1, 2005.

1. denfoote

denfoote MENACE

Just out of curiosity, I scooped up my cat, Sam, and stepped on the bathroom scale. He weighs a full ten pounds and it's all muscle!! There is not an ounce of fat on that cat!! ;P

No wonder the floor shakes (we live in an upstairs apartment) when he jumps down from on top of the kitchen cabinets!!! ;Q
    He jumps from the floor, to the counter, across the kitchen, to the top of the fridge without even batting an eyelash!!
    He is one strong kitty!!
    I pity the poor mouse that ever gets in here!! ;a

2. Glennbo

Glennbo

my downstairs neighbors used to complain about the kitty noise as they scurried to and fro.

3. The Pontificator

The Pontificator Angry Samoan

My downstairs neighbor comments about the "rodeo" noises but she seems happy to hear it. She's 85, lives alone, and I bring the "kids" down to see her from time to time.

4. ATL Peach Girl

ATL Peach Girl ♥Meezers♥

my neighbor, says he hears my 2 banchees wrestling, jumping and chasing each other......the only reason he mentioned it was because when I saw him in the parking lot I asked him if he could hear my 2 rascals......he said every so often he could hear them......don't think he is overly bothered by it......I told him to PLEASE tell me if he was......

5. Ender

Ender ComfortablyNumb

lol....a very small cat to be sure ;)

my Grandma's old cat (my parents since she passed away) weighs more than their sheltie. cat is around 25 lbs, and the dog is around 22.

i would have taken that cat in a second, but my dog wouldn't have that! ;)

6. farranger

farranger

My two cats sound like a herd of rhinos on wood floors; one weighs 6.8 lbs and the other 15 pounds and the 15 pounder makes the same amount of noise as the smaller one as they chase each other through the house.

7. Str8shootr

Str8shootr

My 19 month old Maine Coon kitten (male) is 19 lbs. Had his front claws removed, against my gut feelings, but glad I did. It is almost impossible to trim his rear ones. He just won't have it. Gotta figure out how to get it done though, his rear claws are scratching everything from "jumping off." Any suggestions on how to "contain"him while I perform the dirty deed. BTW.......this is the fourth cat I have owned in the last 30 years and never had a problem trimming claws before.;4 ;4

8. Glockgirl26

Glockgirl26

My girl is 12 pounds, and I sometimes call her "Thunder Paws" when she gets to tearing around.:)

9. ATL Peach Girl

ATL Peach Girl ♥Meezers♥

I bought a mesh laundry bag from Wallymart when my cat Max had to have his 2 times a week ring worm shampoo treatment and had to sit with it on his fur for 10 minutes. I fretted because I was like "how in the heck am I going to keep this cat still for TEN minutes when he is sitting in the tub.......

MESH BAG!! I trimmed it, (cut it and sewed it) so it was not so big and then I would put his head out of the opening and then cinch it up and tie it in case he would squirm......worked great!! The shampoo and water reached his skin and hair.

I use that mesh bag for applying BOTH of my cat's soft claws now......just thhrow them in there and bring out their paw that needs the soft claws applied.....if they squirm they are NOT going anywhere......all but their leg/paw is out of the opening.

You can find those mesh laundry bags in the ironing board aisle at Wallmart.....3 to 5 bucks!! Best thing since sliced bread!! Put your cat in the bag, and pull out only the foot that needs trimmed and then push it back in and pull the other out......

10. Str8shootr

Str8shootr

Thanks Peach Girl, sounds like plan to me.....his fur is pretty long too, and I have been debating how to give him a bath, I will try it! Thanks again!^c

11. Glockgirl26

Glockgirl26

Peach, I can't help but think something about "let the cat out of the bag" after reading your post! Sounds like a good idea.

;z ;z

12. fastvfr

fastvfr Ancient Tech

Why not just buy a set of these little wonders?

[​IMG]

Soft Paws!!

Good luck!