close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

1 year ago....

Discussion in 'Woof Memorial Critter's Corner' started by kswiss2783, Apr 3, 2007.

1. kswiss2783

kswiss2783

On Thursday, April 5th, it will be one year to the day that my family had to put out dog, Dusty, down. I can already feel myself starting to tear up as I type this, but I know I need to "face the demons" before the actual day or I will be a wreck. Will have to call my sister that day because I know she will be miserable. She loved that dog more than anything, as we all did, but he was REALLY special to her.

2. Petra

Petra

April 1st was the one year anniversary of when we had to put down our sweet baby Duncan. I understand what you mean. Hang in there.

3. gabbygus

gabbygus

Well hon, there is no sit time for the grieving to be over. I know with time, it hurts less. But you'll never ever forget Dusty.
    First year after are tough. Just remember the fun times. Dusty lives in your heart. I am sure Dusty, would tell you, if he could. He had the best family ever. He was very happy. And he loved you dearly.

4. jimmy da wuss

jimmy da wuss Meatless Member

My first pet was a rabbit named Thunder. My GF at the time found him dead one morning. I was so messed up that I had to take the day off of work (a job I'd been on less than a week), and nearly strangled my boss when he said, "I can get you another rabbit..."

We all know how it feels, kswiss. Just remember the good stuff.