GlockTalk Forum banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Diva extraordinaire
15,438 Posts
Elsa Peretti Diamonds by the Yard. Solitaire pendant w/ chain. Price about the same as my watch.
Very nice!

The price isn't important.

Reactions: Grabbrass

·
Registered
14,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Very nice. Here's mine:
Aha! Another P.O. dude. That's a black dial/bezel w/ orange numerals? Nice. I came *this close* to going for the new white dial / orange bezel model they released this year, but it just didn't seem like something I could wear as a daily driver, all-occasion thing. With the Datejust for more dressy situations, I feel like I've got the 'nice watch' thing covered now. Probably should have something more specifically a 'dress watch,' but don't need it.

·
Cuhootnified Roamer
9,927 Posts
Congrats OP, on your anniversary and the fine gift.
Enjoy your new watch in health! :cheers:

Reactions: Grabbrass

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Aha! Another P.O. dude. That's a black dial/bezel w/ orange numerals? Nice. I came *this close* to going for the new white dial / orange bezel model they released this year, but it just didn't seem like something I could wear as a daily driver, all-occasion thing. With the Datejust for more dressy situations, I feel like I've got the 'nice watch' thing covered now. Probably should have something more specifically a 'dress watch,' but don't need it.
Yes, mine is the smaller 37.5mm P.O. Over many years I've become weary of 40mm+ watches & they keep growing so I was thrilled when I stumbled across this smaller size from Omega. Didn't know anyone made such a thing. Very, very happy with this choice.

·
Registered
14,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #32 (Edited)
The specs make it seem taller than what it appears on your wrist. It's on my short list for a retirement gift for myself.
It's obviously much heavier, but it wears/feels smaller than my GW6900 G-Shock.

I have 7 and 3/4" wrist circumference.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Congrats!!!

I have the exact Omega in blue as well, and it definitely keeps better time than my Rolex.

I only own two watches.......the Omega Seamaster like yours,
E84A4125-7326-4DF2-A58C-660016DB41F7.jpeg
and a Rolex Sea-Dweller stainless with black face
6780F010-E2FE-4188-A74A-D8F8768873F7.jpeg

.......cycle them each weak or two.

·
Registered
14,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Congrats!!!

I have the exact Omega in blue as well, and it definitely keeps better time than my Rolex.

I only own two watches.......the Omega Seamaster like yours,
View attachment 875462
and a Rolex Sea-Dweller stainless with black face
View attachment 875460

.......cycle them each weak or two.

Whaaaat!!!!!???? The same watch as me??!??!? Fuuuuuuuhhhhhh!!!!!

*checks google maps*

Ok, looks like you're 900-1000mi from me.

I'll allow it.

·
G43 Fanboy
1,647 Posts
As checked against time.gov and my Solar Atomic G-Shock, making sure the radio signal was 'recd' each day. Amazing.

20th anniversary present.

View attachment 874906

View attachment 874908
Taken w/ my wife's phone. Better camera.
View attachment 874910
Congrats and happy 20th anniversary!
Omega Planet Ocean is an excellent watch that has been underrated. My old PO with the 8500 calibre has been flawless and reliable just like my gen 2 and gen 3 Glocks. ;)
DF821590-64ED-4DEB-A9A6-7D5A6BC6D256.jpeg

·
Registered
7,037 Posts
Beautiful timepiece - congrats!

One of these years I'll add an Omega to my stable, but am happy for now with my Seiko and Orients. I need to find some cheaper passtimes!

-Pat

·
Cheese?
9,733 Posts
Very Nice! Great gift, and the timekeeping is just stellar (as is that +6 Seiko - absolutely insane that a 7S26 is routinely keeping COSC specs).

I have both a 42mm Black bezel/black face/orange numerals Planet Ocean 2500 and a Orange/black/orange 45.5mm PO 8500, and they’re both legitimate candidates to be ‘last man standing’ in my watch box if I somehow had to clear everything out, regardless of price or brand. I don’t have any pics right to hand, I’ll see if I can post some tomorrow.

I think the blue is gorgeous, and IMHO you made a great choice passing on the Orange/white/orange version - it looks great on the beach, but it’s a LOT for daily wear, and is just not a great choice for more formal situations, where your Blue/blue/silver is perfect from Beach to Boardroom (ok, at least a tech company boardroom!).

I’m sure it’ll be a phenomenal companion for a long looooong time.

·
Cheese?
9,733 Posts
Beautiful timepiece - congrats!

One of these years I'll add an Omega to my stable, but am happy for now with my Seiko and Orients. I need to find some cheaper passtimes!

-Pat
I alternate between Omegas and Seikos (and Apple Watch), and I gotta tell ya, while the Omegas are gorgeous and just exude a quality feel, on a dollar-for-dollar basis, the Seikos outperform the Omegas by a mile.

My black PVD case Save the Ocean Seiko Samurai is on my bed stand right this second, and at $300 on Amazon, it’s just an insanely good watch.

https://www.amazon.com/Prospex-SRPD09-Special-Silicone-Automatic/dp/B07MQBGSQD/

You can get a really sweet Omega Seamaster Pro 300m for about 12x as much, and while it IS inarguably a better piece of jewelry, it’s only about 4 seconds a day a better watch.

It’s notable that I’m about to head to Maui for a week of snorkeling, swimming, wading, etc, and what am I taking with me? My orange planet ocean and my blue Seiko Samurai...

21 - 40 of 48 Posts