close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dismiss Notice

You are browsing the classified section of GlockTalk.com, by doing so you agree to follow the terms of service.

http://www.glocktalk.com/pages/classifieds-tos/

- 1 for Broadside

Discussion in 'Smart Shopper' started by smoke, May 25, 2006.

1. smoke

smoke

I asked for dibs on some mags and was first in line. He sells them to someone else, evidently because I ask a few questions about the condition of the mags. That's a piss-poor way to do things!

2. Broadside

Broadside

smoke,

"Dibs" is something you say when you want the front car seat. You sent me an e-mail asking me about the price and the condition of the magazines. I sent a reply and asked you if you wished to purchase the magazines and offered you a money back gaurentee if the magazines were not as advertised. You replied asking more questions. In between your first and second e-mail, I received an e-mail from another member stating quite clearly that he wanted the magazines at my advertised price. So I sold the magazines to him.

A seller is under no obligation to hold a product while a potential buyer makes up his or her mind. Since your second e-mail contained more questions, I could only assume that you were not satisfied with my description of the condition of the magazines.

I'm sorry, but I don't consider "dibs" to be a firm offer to purchase, especially when it is accompanied by questions as to the condition of the magazines. Had you asked, "Where do I mail the payment?", then I would have believed that you wanted to purchase the magazines. But you never asked that.

I am very sorry that you are unhappy about the way things turned out. If I may offer you a suggestion, you may wish to post a "Want to Buy" ad in the appropriate section of the board. I offered these magazines to someone who had such an ad before I offered them for sale on the board, but the individual did not need them any more so he declined.

3. borderguy

borderguy

Broadside,

A while back when I was selling some AR parts, smoke PM'd me with "Dibs, I'll Take It" but I need to see some more pictures and ask a few more questions before I send payment. Oh, and I'll be away from my computer for two days before I can get back to you.

Then he was pissed that I sold it to a buyer that was satisfied with the pics that were posted in the ad, had the money and made an offer.

Until someone says "I'll take it" the item is still for sale.

And a prospective buyer has no right to expect a seller to take an item off-sale while they make up their mind.

4. smoke

smoke

BS! - I still have all the emails if you want to bat this one around. Let me know!

5. five-0

five-0

I have been here awhile and have done alot business over the years.

Some deals go smoother than others (or have unforseen SNAFUs that are eventually worked out between two good people), but the only "bad deal" I've ever had was with "smoke." His version of reality is "different."

I would have done the same thing as you did, Broadside.
    I've never went public about smoke like this...I only do it now because he felt the need to go public about someone else (and I don't even know Broadside, but it's just bad form when no theft or misrepresentation occurred...you just didn't get what you wanted when you wanted it).

And to this day, I still get taunting PMs from him when I post a FS add...

6. smoke

smoke

Still more BS - I never actually did a deal with five-O. He advertised some night sights on GT. Says they're in great shape. I send him $. Only thing I didn't know was the sights were still on the gun. He sends me email and says don't send money as he screwed-up the sights taking them off. I questioned how he could advertise sights still on the gun and even offered to buy the screw-up sights at a lower price, since I'd already sent money. He gets all pissy and I guess tries to blame me for his problem. He did send my money back, but refused to sell me the sights. He sells them to somebody else instead for a really great price. I end up with the sights by buying them from the second guy. NOW tell me who's version of reality is different?

Be careful if you slam me, as I keep all bad deal documentation.

7. five-0

five-0

As do I...including the childish PMs I still get 8 months later.

I got "pissy" and refused to do business with you further when you became extremely disrespectful and erratic when I was just trying to be upfront and honest about the situation.

Even after all that, your prompt refund included additional money for your stamp and MO costs. And yet somehow, I ripped you off? Please.

I'm done here, I just wanted to throw support towards another one (or two) of your victims. -1 all you want, I'll do business with Broadside.

8. smoke

smoke

I merely informed you that I would have liked to buy the item that you advertised 8 months later, but you are on my "Black-Ball" List. That is all, you make it sound like I send you harrassing PM's all the time.