close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

1 down; 64 to go (Mississippi executions)

Discussion in 'Mississippi Glockers' started by NRA_guy, May 22, 2008.

1. NRA_guy

NRA_guy Unreconstructed

More than 20 years after he committed the crime, Earl Wesley Berry was executed Wednesday evening by lethal injection at Missisippi's Parchman state prison.

Berry’s lawyer claims he is mentally retarded and shouldn't have been executed. They also claim Mississippi’s form of lethal injection is cruel and unusual punishment.

He had been convicted and sentenced to death for the 1987 kidnapping and beating death of Mary Bounds. She was leaving church choir practice when she was abducted in Houston, Mississippi.

2. OXCOPS

OXCOPS

It kills me to see that many of those crimes were committed over 20, sometimes 30, years ago. There is no reason why they should still be awaiting their fate. Either sentence them to life w/o parole and move them to another housing unit (which is cheaper than The Row), or hook them up. Max should be no more than 5 years.

3. swatmed4

swatmed4

There should be more than that on death row. The POS that sell drugs should get the death chamber as well.

4. chevy01234

chevy01234

Turner, Edwin Hart . . . . . .0000067290

Executed several people in a BP in Carroll County while high on Cocaine. My dad bought their old house many years ago and they would stop by when he wasn't there to "look around" (read break-in and rifle through stuff!). Messed up folks to say the least!!! His accomplice, Merle, I heard had a visit to the ICU when he was gang raped at Parchman. Tore him up pretty bad.

5. MidnightJMC

MidnightJMC

Killed one of my old school friends and the girl he was dating in Starkville back in December 92.

6. NRA_guy

NRA_guy Unreconstructed

I remember that crime. Sorry to hear it.

I don't understand how liberals can have more sympathy for criminals than for victims, but I see it every day in the news and on "investigative reporting" on TV.

If you believe liberals, there are no guilty people in prison (they're all innocent but either a victim of their environment or framed by bad cops and DAs.)

Funny how many commit crimes after being convicted and serving time.

Libs say that proves prison does not work.

I say that proves that we don't arrest and convict enough, and we don't keep them in long enough or execute enough. And we don't do it expeditiously enough when we do it.

7. para40

para40 curmudgeon

Well said my friend

8. cliff731

cliff731

It didn't happen in Mississippi... but it is a chilling story to read and it is true.

Originally posted by "dogdollar" on another gun forum... click the link below-

Or if you prefer, the entire thread here... scroll down to post #9...

This could have happened in Mississippi... just as easily as in Texas. Apparently, justice in Texas works about like it does in our State.

Something is terribly broken with our criminal justice system in this country. We should hold the responsible elected officials (politicians) accountable.

I happen to live several blocks down the street from a recent "defeated" State senator... a woman who was very vocal in opposition to our "Castle Doctrine" law. It's not too hard to imagine how a conversation between "dogdollar" and her might go.

I'm not as young as I once was... and as I become older, the "right" to die in my bed surrounded by my loving sons and family sort of starts taking on a new importance. While I hope that's a long time in coming, I don't intend to allow anyone the unwarranted pleasure of denying such if I have a choice.

Bottom line in my opinion might be summed up like this...

Thanks, but no thanks, Mr. Obama... I shall continue to cling to my guns and religion here in Mississippi... and view with antipathy those who desire to change me.

9. NRA_guy

NRA_guy Unreconstructed

And another:

I guess it's true what they say, "Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder." This is a case where it does not bother me for Mississippi to look bad.

10. para40

para40 curmudgeon

In related news, Right before the "God bless America" statement he asked people to vote for obama, so as to end the death penalty. Hattiesburg American July 24, 2008.
    Terrorist and now murderers, now there is change you can believe in!

11. NRA_guy

NRA_guy Unreconstructed

I think we all know why liberals are opposed to the death penalty and support former criminals' right to vote. (Heck, they probably support criminals' right to vote while in the pen.)

Funny they do not support former criminals' right to bear arms.

Hmmmmm.