Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to find a thread about this but had no luck. So if there is which I’m pretty sure there is point me to it please. Is it worth the extra $80-$100 yo buy the 2.0 over the original M&P Shield 9.

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
The 2.0 supposedly has a better trigger, but that’s about it, as far as I know. There is a new grip texture, also, but a set of Talon grips will fix the old one for a lot less than $100.

Reactions: rock_castle

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
I have the 9mm Shield 1.0 and I have to say the trigger is pretty mediocre at best. I haven't gotten to shoot or even dry fire the 2.0 but a number of people who have both have said the trigger is significantly better.

You could also get the 1.0 and install an Apex trigger and duty action kit and probably get a better trigger than that on the 2.0, but that would cost an additional $160 or so.

·
Federal Member
29,545 Posts
I have a Shield 9mm 1.0. It is a very nice carry pistol. The stock trigger is nice. It is one of the few pistols I own, I won't change the trigger on.

1.0, 2.0, ether one you will be happy with it.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,378 Posts
My Shield's 2.0 trigger was way better than 1.0. Also, trigger stop is in a better position. The only thing I did not like was the "combat hold" sights. BTW, changing sights on a Shield is a "real" adventure.
:D

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
IMO the trigger on the 2.0 is better , but I don’t like the ruff texture grip on it . If I owned either one I would put a rubber grip sleeve on them .

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I can not believe how tight everything in on my Shield slide release etc. Trigger feels good dry firing much better than my FS M&P 9mm. I’m excited to go run some rounds through it.

·
Federal Member
29,545 Posts
I can not believe how tight everything in on my Shield slide release etc. Trigger feels good dry firing much better than my FS M&P 9mm. I’m excited to go run some rounds through it.
Yes, the slide release tension with the slide locked back is high.

I thought mine would loosen up after a few hundred rounds. It is as tight as the day I bought it. Not a problem for me, I prefer the sling shot method for loading.

Congrats!!

:cool:

Reactions: Lockback

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes, the slide release tension with the slide locked back is high.

I thought mine would loosen up after a few hundred rounds. It is as tight as the day I bought it. Not a problem for me, I prefer the sling shot method for loading.

Congrats!!

:cool:
Thank you

·
Polymerlicious!
6,235 Posts
I tried to find a thread about this but had no luck. So if there is which I’m pretty sure there is point me to it please. Is it worth the extra $80-$100 yo buy the 2.0 over the original M&P Shield 9.
I have the 1.0. My son-in-law has the 2.0.
I've shot both extensively. I prefer the 1.0. I find the stippling on the 2.0 version to be too aggressive and the supposed trigger improvement is so minute, I don't notice it. (Admittedly, I'm not super sensitive to trigger pull. I work with what I have.) I'd be happy with either but I don't think it's worth the extra C-note for a product that, IMHO, isn't noticeably better.
Just my $.02 ... YMMV.

·
Registered
32,509 Posts
A coworker had both. I would take the 2.0 over the 1.0. The trigger was worth it and I like an aggressive texture. I can see if you were using for CCW exclusively against your skin or you didn't like it tearing up concealing clothes but your hide can toughen up and clothes are cheap compared to the gun. The 1.0 trigger was not pleasant. Of course my two favorite triggers are SIGs and 1911s.

·
Registered
21,821 Posts
I went with the 1.0 because the 2.0 grip texture was way too aggressive. The trigger on the 2.0 is pretty damn nice and noticeably better. My 1.0 trigger isn't bad by any means though. I actually quite like it. It hits a defined wall and then breaks crisply. The 2.0 is like a nicely polished version of that. If you think the 2.0 texture isn't too aggressive for you, then go with the 2.0.

Edit: Just saw you went with the 1.0. Congrats, you'll love it. Yeah, the slide release is tight. It's less a slide release and more a slide lock.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I
I went with the 1.0 because the 2.0 grip texture was way too aggressive. The trigger on the 2.0 is pretty damn nice and noticeably better. My 1.0 trigger isn't bad by any means though. I actually quite like it. It hits a defined wall and then breaks crisply. The 2.0 is like a nicely polished version of that. If you think the 2.0 texture isn't too aggressive for you, then go with the 2.0.[/QUOTE
I bought the 1.0 I’ve been dry firing my trigger is actually very nice. Much better than the trigger on my 1.0 full size 9.

·
Registered
3,302 Posts
It is never going to be a target pistol. It is designed as an "in your face" defense gun.
Whichever one is cheaper, that's what I would buy. Your call.
Good luck on whatever you choose.

·
Registered
4,693 Posts
MY answer to your question is no.
The Shield 2.0 is not better in the carry role.
Slightly better trigger but no that much in the real world and the stippling is too aggresive as others have said on the 2.0. A 1.0 with Talon grips is the way to go.

As far the larger M&Ps I have the opposite view.
I have zero interest in the original M&Ps but like the 2.0s a lot!

·
Polymerlicious!
6,235 Posts
I've got thousands of rounds through my Shield 1.0 and the arthritis in my hands still prevents me from getting the slide to lock back sometimes! It's a tight gun but well made and a great bargain and wonderful shooter that's really reliable.
Enjoy it.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts