close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

0mm Major in a Glock

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by 1badcisco, Mar 3, 2004.

1. 1badcisco

1badcisco Oz Glocker

Hi all
    Thought I best start a new thread after uncle albert mentioned his hot loads, and that uspsa? have approved 9mm as a major cal in open class..
    WOW is all I can say, as in the past one of the first raceguns I owned was a CZ with a 6" freebored comped bbl.
    As soon as I started shooting major 9 I cracked a barrel after a few hundred rounds. Maybe there are beter powders than Bluedot now.
    The cases would be full of powder =- talk about compressed loads!
    The primers would come out when I seated bullets, and when they didnt, then they would fall out in the gun.
    I dont know why anyone would bother when there are safer cartrdges to use to shoot major with.
    I wish ipsc would adjust the rules so 9x21 or 38 super could make major in a standard gun.
    Any thoughts on this - shooting major 9 in a G34?
    Cheers

2. Custom Glock Racing

Custom Glock Racing I did it first. Millennium Member

I have shot major 9x19 and 9x21 in G17 based open guns for the last 4 years.

3. 1badcisco

1badcisco Oz Glocker

9x21 I reckon is OK, but for 9mm what sort of powder/bullet combo do you use?
    Which barrel?
    details, details please....
    Thanks

4. Custom Glock Racing

Custom Glock Racing I did it first. Millennium Member

The only difference betwen my major 9x19 and major 9x21 loads in the brass, they are both OK. I use Viht 350 124 or 30 gr FMJs and wsr primers

5. C9X19

C9X19

Doesnt that make the loads a little hot?

6. 1badcisco

1badcisco Oz Glocker

None of that Vitoviori? powder her in Oz, Bugger!
    357 sig is cool though - must be safer to shoot in major if its allowed in the future by ipsc
    We live in hope

7. VN350X10

VN350X10

This was discussed with one of my shooting partners today. The only real advantage that 9x21 has over 9x19 is slightly better potential grip on the bullet, as there is about .078" more case length. Remember, 9x21 was a "legality" ctg for the Italian market as 9x19 is forbidden being a military ctg. The oal of both is the same. Deepen the chamber by 2mm, stretch the brass by 2mm & presto chango, no longer a military ctg. Same gun, same mags, same powder capacity; remember bullet base is the important one here. Same powder charge.

The .45HP is another similar idea, just that the case is shortened by 1mm. Also for the Italian market. And you thought that WE had a monopoly on stupid politicians......

load safe

uncle albert

8. 1badcisco

1badcisco Oz Glocker

Well whats more stupid than banning calibres like 40 and 45 but allowing 357 mag and 357 sig? That makes a lot of sense eh?
    And 10 round mags as a limit. Obviously as soon as the politicians actually take a look at how fast we can change mags that will be further reduced, maybe to 6 shot revolvers only.
    Thank heavens we dont have them reading these forums because their heads are so far up their arses.
    Mind you there are some stupid police here as well that agree to the party line.
    A SWAT cop saw one of our top shooters training (had just tried a slow el prez) and this guy asked if he could give it a go - did it in 14 seconds and said that cant be beaten!
    After my friend took 5 seconds to finish, the guy said "thats the reason no civies should have handguns! coz it would take 20 of their guys to take him out! No bull. What a turkey. Sory for the off topic.... ;m