Glock Talk banner
16,361 - 16,380 of 28,112 Posts
Happy Thanksgiving everybody! :wavey:

Ok... that said, i need a gift basket made up special for Mas Ayoob... STAT!

Been going back and forth with him over in his GT forum and just took that thread and merged it into the "Overpenetration" thread here.

Finally we may have an actual "expert" visit us here...:supergrin:

And just WHY would we want that hack here Tazz ? We have far more class than that, even in the Dungeon !

I'm not going say "sorry", but I personally have no use for Ayobooboo's opinions, even thou he's considered an expert by most & a demigod by others !
I've heard & read far too many of his statements & opinions to think he's anything but over-impressed with himself.....just ask him, he can walk on water while shooting 1" groups weak handed.
I've read too many reviews of firearms that he said were fantastic, that ended up being turds, & some that he said were garbage are amongst the best.
He's read far too much of his own PR, & unfortunately, believes it !

uncle albert

ps: Hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving Tazz !

No pan to clean, cooks in two hours, and tastes like bacon. What's not to like? I just can't believe I never bought one of these before.

Lobster....ummmm is right...have not had that in awhile..

Yup...Happy and safe Thanksgiving to all...

Have to get me some of that Lobster this weekend....:)
The way they do these oversized crawfish (lobster) is they split them and stuff the head full of well seasoned crabmeat stuffing, broiled to prefection, topped with a heavy creamy buttery alfredo cheezey sauce with chopped boiled shrimp.

:eat: :cheers:

And just WHY would we want that hack here Tazz ? We have far more class than that, even in the Dungeon !

I'm not going say "sorry", but I personally have no use for Ayobooboo's opinions, even thou he's considered an expert by most & a demigod by others !
I've heard & read far too many of his statements & opinions to think he's anything but over-impressed with himself.....just ask him, he can walk on water while shooting 1" groups weak handed.
I've read too many reviews of firearms that he said were fantastic, that ended up being turds, & some that he said were garbage are amongst the best.
He's read far too much of his own PR, & unfortunately, believes it !

uncle albert

ps: Hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving Tazz !
I had a wonderful Thanksgiving, Uncle! Thanks! I hope you did, too.

You should read the conversation back and forth between us.... i think you'll find it quite interesting. I'm not sure Mas likes me....:dunno:

No pan to clean, cooks in two hours, and tastes like bacon. What's not to like? I just can't believe I never bought one of these before.
That looks REALLY good!

NO, NO, NO.... When you do lobster on the grill, you don't split them. Leave the shells whole, head off. Put them over the coals intact & let the little buggers steam in their own juices, otherwise they dry out & get real tough.
And lobster done correctly don't need no fancy,yuppie flavor ingredients, just get the melted butter ready, with a squirt of lime juice & a touch of dill. Leave the garlic for the shrimp alfredo or whatever.
From frozen, 5-6 oz tails, about 13-16 min. depending on the heat, if you're using wood or charcoal. Don't over-cook or they a get tough !
Keep 'em tender & you be a happy camper !

uncle albert

That looks REALLY good!
Thanks. It is good. I had a turkey sandwich for breakfast. Tonight we had a turkey salad. Tomorrow we'll have some sort of turkey pasta.
The thing that surprised me the most is just how easy it is to barbecue this way. Once you skewer the bird and get it in the barbecue, all you need to do is drop a few new brickets into the barbecue every fifteen minutes.
Plus, since I'm easily amused, watching the rotisserie go around is good entertainment. :grill:

The way they do these oversized crawfish (lobster) is they split them and stuff the head full of well seasoned crabmeat stuffing, broiled to prefection, topped with a heavy creamy buttery alfredo cheezey sauce with chopped boiled shrimp.

:eat: :cheers:

:cheers:.........Oh Yeah!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OG_6CopW9GQ"]OH YEAH-FERRIS BUELLER - YouTube[/ame]

NO, NO, NO.... When you do lobster on the grill, you don't split them. Leave the shells whole, head off. Put them over the coals intact & let the little buggers steam in their own juices, otherwise they dry out & get real tough.
And lobster done correctly don't need no fancy,yuppie flavor ingredients, just get the melted butter ready, with a squirt of lime juice & a touch of dill. Leave the garlic for the shrimp alfredo or whatever.
From frozen, 5-6 oz tails, about 13-16 min. depending on the heat, if you're using wood or charcoal. Don't over-cook or they a get tough !
Keep 'em tender & you be a happy camper !

uncle albert
Head off? What??? The head is the best part! INFIDEL!!!

Permit me the temerity of perhaps inducing a small measure of discord into this discussion with a comment about Weber grill turkey technique. I prefer to do the bird using INDIRECT heating, with the charcoal grouped on the SIDES of the lower rack.

I hope this dissension does not obliterate the elegant holiday spirit of our culinary discussion.

Permit me the temerity of perhaps inducing a small measure of discord into this discussion with a comment about Weber grill turkey technique. I prefer to do the bird using INDIRECT heating, with the charcoal grouped on the SIDES of the lower rack.
I'll have to try that next time.

And, by the way, since our next BBQ is going to be a kosher chicken (due to the fact that it is salted) we'll have to dedicate it to you (but we're still going to be the ones that eat it).

For a whole bird, indirect is the best way to go.
If the bird is in parts,(partzizpartz) direct method works best.
Also, a non-stuffed bird cooks more uniformly on a Weber. Put the stuffing in a pan & cook it next to the bird.
Recomended time, indirect, non stuffed is 11 min/lb.

uncle albert

probably scares the turkey that's on the Weber too !

16,361 - 16,380 of 28,112 Posts