Glock Talk banner
28001 - 28020 of 28039 Posts

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
No, it just means that one should avoid a TERMINAL injury.

Damn near killing one's self is still permissible, with the cavat "Hold my Beer" !
(Thou shall not spill "N"Sweat Lager )

Reactions: engineer151515

·
Registered
19,959 Posts
Happy Holidays. I've got the Christmas music playing 24 / 7 right now.

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
You must be right on schedule......

Auntie plugged in the Palm Tree with the coloured lights this morning ;)
(remember, there were NO pine trees at the first Christmas...)

·
Registered
19,959 Posts
Uncle Albert said:
I remember an old "Rick O'Shea" comic strip, it was Christmas Eve, everybody in town is either at a big hoe-down or at the local Church service. Except Hipshot Percussion.
Hipshot is riding his horse out of town, middle of nowhere, up on a high hill, overlooking the town.
Gets off his horse, stands tall with his hat over his heart, looking up at the sky. "Happy Birthday Boss" is his only line in the strip. Makes you stop & think.

·
Registered
19,959 Posts

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
Everyone that thinks that the "Pre-Fab Four" had no talent should have to watch this !

MERRY CHRISTMAS !

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
I see you survived the festivities.....

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
YEP !
I don't remember, for sure, but I (believe) that this was also a George Barris creation.

·
Registered
14,562 Posts
Happy New Year guys and gals.
May we all have a good one.

Sorry we lost Betty White at the closing of last year. She was special.

That said, we look forward and figure out what the Dungeon can do for Mardi Gras...

Reactions: MinervaDoe

·
Registered
19,959 Posts
That said, we look forward and figure out what the Dungeon can do for Mardi Gras...
We have the interns operating at full tilt melting down old N Sweat Lager bottles and making them into beads. Apparently, the only bottles available are still full, so production has slowed a bit while the crew empties them in a non wasteful and respectful fashion.

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
Well, at least last night was a scheduled bottle-emptying event, so we don't have to pay anybody overtime ;) As long as they didn't get lost, even broken glass recycles !
And since the tanks are due for shut-down & cleaning anyhow, we won't lose too much production. But what will we use for bottles for the Bock version production ?

Big question, HOW are we going to replace the bottles that are turned into beads ? Do we HAVE any glass reserves we can acquire ?
Was this even considered ?

uncle

·
Registered
19,959 Posts
Big question, HOW are we going to replace the bottles that are turned into beads ? Do we HAVE any glass reserves we can acquire ?
Was this even considered ?
Well, since the emptying of several pallets of inventory and throwing the empties into a bonfire could best be described as an insurrection, the only consideration was whether we had enough ammunition to stop it and (of course) would be able to replace the interns lost.
But, on a happier note, we are turning it into a public relations coup with the "Free Beads for New Orleans" campaign. Once the bean counters got done with their analysis, it turns out the tax write offs (and the fact that the interns only drank tainted beer slated for disposal) netted us a tidy profit. Another plus is that the interns are really happy right now.

Don't forget to get your new Blue Press calendar:

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
Tax write-off

PROFIT !

happy interns

O.K. that flies.
So the good PR is a bonus ;)

·
Registered
14,562 Posts
Glass reserves?

We have Lagoon beach sand and an old furnace in the Dungeon basement but that is a precious reserve indeed.

We might be able to bribe... uh.. trade some NS with Mardi Gras organizations in nearby Mobile, AL. They love beer and beads are practically a year round barter economy around there.

Reactions: MinervaDoe

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
Correct, we have sand, and we have a furnace.....we, however, do not possess any kind of fuel to MELT the sand in the furnace, at least nothing in the quantities that would be required.
For heat, yes. For quantity production, not so much :(

As far as I know, the Lagoon isn't full of #2 Pennsylvania Sweet Crude.

·
Registered
19,959 Posts
NEWSFLASH: Antifa to go to the Ukraine to protest European fascism!
jk
:geek:

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
I'll bring the popcorn & beer. This could be fun to watch ;)

·
Registered
19,959 Posts
If only they'd go and protest actual fascism, I'd supply the lawn chairs.

28001 - 28020 of 28039 Posts