Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
27981 - 28000 of 28017 Posts

·
Registered
10,941 Posts
Did she help write the instructions for the Replicator ?

More important..........can she cook a turkey ?

·
Registered
19,876 Posts
Just about done with my stuffing balls and green bean casserole.
Can I quote you out of context on that?
Oh, look at that. I just did.

·
Registered
10,941 Posts
I wouldn't touch that line with an eleven-foot Armenian.....let alone a 10-foot Pole ! ! ! ;)

·
Registered
19,876 Posts
The Ones That Didn't Make It Back Home ?

Tour was up, middle of June
She was planning a welcome home barbeque
Green bean casserole, Grandma's recipe
There was a knock on the door 'round two o'clock
Two uniforms and her heart stopped
Yellow ribbon 'round an oak tree
Blowin' in the breeze

Here's to the ones that didn't make it back home
The ones we ain't seen in so long
The hold up a beer ones, the wish they were here ones
The not forgotten but gone
They're in a better place up there
But they sure left a hole down here
We just go on livin' and go on missin' the ones
The ones that didn't make it back home

The whole town shut down, the whole town showed up
Sang Amazing Grace, watched a slideshow of
His 22 years
There was laughs and there was tears
And that preacher talked about sacrifice
And traffic stopped for them Cadillac lights
Johnny sold beer half price that night

And everybody raised 'em high, singin'

Back to that front porch
Back through that front door
To the life they were fightin' for

The ones that didn't make it back home​

Source: <a href="THE ONES THAT DIDN'T MAKE IT BACK HOME Lyrics - JUSTIN MOORE | eLyrics.net">click here</a>

Reactions: engineer151515

·
Registered
10,941 Posts
AMEN

·
Pin Member #4
1,637 Posts
I'm quite sure I've posted in this thread about 20 years ago... :)

kestrou

·
Pin Member #4
1,637 Posts
Like the vast majority of mankind, I lived for years oblivious to the machinations, the "unseen guiding hand" as it were, that actually controls all that was, all that is, and all that ever will be.

Joyful in my ignorance, plinking 9mm ammo, I was content with the status quo, satisfied to be a pawn in the plans of the hidden powers that be: the Illuminati, the Free Masons, the Federal Reserve, and, as I now discover: the 10-Ring the most secret inner circle that guided the guides.

It was easy to be unconscious of the real world, its all been so cleverly disguised: the vast majority of auto-shooters throw lead downrange in small/fast 9mm packages or big/slow .45 slugs and are taught thats the way it is AND THEY BELIEVE IT! Sure there are a few red herrings thrown in, the 357 Sig and the .40, but both are carefully crafted so as not to upset the natural order of things as given and accepted.

But the reality craftsmanship goes way beyond the focus of our little world of shot and powder. The Savants control so much, but hide it all so well. Though the churning economy during the Clinton administration and the undying loyalty to the Cubs appear now, in retrospect, to have been clearly an act of trying to hard to throw off the scent of those who might discover The Truth.

The Truth came to me when I was looking for a tool to augment my pitiful 9mm arsenal of a G-17 and a G-19. I knew the answer to my search was going to be a G-21, I mean, thats what everybody shoots, right?! But somewhere, at the end of my thoughts, I heard a voice that said in a hollow echo:

10mm

and I knew I had to find out what it meant, had to find out if it was right. Id been a member of GlockTalk for over a year but had never ventured into The 10-Ring (soooo close to The Truth), Id never learned the secret that Skevlar had unknowlingly released, lo, these 7½ months ago.

So I read The Truth of 08:40 PM and I sit here this evening brothers with my first 10mm cannon in my hand. The first sun has set on me and my G-20; and it is good.

I join you now in whatever way this humble servant of the round may assist in our mission.

Respectfully,

kestrou

------------------
Niner's Club #2112
Wheelhouse Club #2112
10-Ring Club #2113
Quoting myself from August 2001...

kestrou

·
Registered
10,941 Posts
Welcome back, FRIEND.

And since 2001, what OTHER 10MM magnificence have you acquired ?

uncle albert

·
Registered
19,876 Posts
No cat pictures?
We've got cat pictures (with captions).

The Patented Cat Hammock (cat sold separately, cat not available in some locations, check your local laws)

·
Registered
10,941 Posts
How about a Cat-a-Pault ?
Launch them kitties !

·
Registered
19,876 Posts
How about a Cat-a-Pault ?
Launch them kitties !
Whatever happened to MacDaddy?
We've got parachuting cats. Kitty looks quite clueless, if you ask me.

We've got flying CAT-tricide .....

And we are looking for volunteers for the cat-A-pult

·
Registered
10,941 Posts
MacDaddy has disappeared, either age or a 'yote got him. And we now have small critters in the barn as a result.
Was hoping that one of his off-spring might take up the job, but no sign of any yet :(

·
Registered
14,556 Posts
Them 'yotes will do that.

Reactions: MinervaDoe

·
Registered
10,941 Posts
True dat !
Ain't actually seen any in the yard, but with our surroundings, I KNOW that they're in the area.
One of the "horsey" neighbors has lost a few cats & she strongly feels it was 'yotes.

Despite "supply chain" problems, are we situated OK for "N"Sweat Lager production for the holidaze ?
Or will we need to supplement with various imported (over-priced) beers ?
Hope you & your's had a great Thanksgiving, I'm finally at the point of seeing the back wall of the fridge again.
Auntie LOVES left-over turkey sandwiches, this helps a lot.

·
Pin Member #4
1,637 Posts
Welcome back, FRIEND.

And since 2001, what OTHER 10MM magnificence have you acquired ?

uncle albert
Well... you know... life goes in cycles...

I was really into guns in the early 2000s and shot a lot of IDPA, then got into running (marathons and 100-milers) for several years, then got into guitar for several years, then into choppers, but am lately pivoting back more to guns...

Oh yeah, and speaking of life cycles, had another couple of ex-wives and a baby momma in the last 20 years too...

Anyways, good to be back and hanging in the 10-Ring - just trying not to spend too much time online in the forums here! :)

kestrou

·
Registered
10,941 Posts
Glad to see you back!
Auntie & I are gonna make the Big 5-0 come Memorial Day weekend, it would KILL me if I had to teach a second one to cook, let alone several! ;)

Stay Safe !

uncle albert

·
Registered
19,876 Posts
Stay Safe !

uncle albert
Doesn't that violate basic lagoon protocol? So I guess that means we'll be taking down the five story waterpark slide attraction that terminates with a double loop the loop into a vat of N' Sweat Lager. I just got the suds out of my sinuses and was getting ready for another run.

27981 - 28000 of 28017 Posts