Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
27961 - 27980 of 27995 Posts

·
Registered
10,930 Posts
Daughter dragged my arse to immediate care, she's a ot more pursuasive than her mom...threatened me she did !

I was right, ear infection, gave me enough anti-biotic to enjoy a cheap French brothel....
Got real good night's sleep, so mowing might just happen today ;)

uncle

·
Registered
19,819 Posts
Glad to hear that you are up and around and covid free.

·
Registered
10,930 Posts
Not too sure about that "free" part...

The bill is probably in the mail :(

·
Registered
10,930 Posts
For sure working, feel much better, only real pain is lower back muscles from so much coughing, back spasms are a real bytch :( Advil is my friend, has been for years, and the codine in the cough syrup is an assist when taken with the Advil.
I sleep great ! last night, about 11 hrs total, which is what I probably needed more than anything. Probably more of the same tonight. ;)

·
Registered
14,553 Posts
Hopefully we are all back on our feet.

Hurricane Ida is about to make a mess of New Orleans.

·
Registered
10,930 Posts
Hanging in there.....ear infection really messed me up thou, right now, I have total hearing loss in my rt ear !
Dr. says it should come back, 4-9 days. REALLY quiet right now, can hear Auntie even LESS than normal.
Annoying right now, usually use that ear for the phone.

uncle

·
Ret. Fireman
4,603 Posts
I'm waiting on Hurricane Ida to cut through southeast Louisiana...the exact storm path may change east or west with time.
Have boarded up windows and hanging on to ride out the weather, winds, and possible power outages...
If you all can say a little prayer for us down here in Louisiana! Thanks!

·
Registered
14,553 Posts
We'll share a prayer and be looking after both of you.

The Tide of Trouble is high indeed right now.

·
Registered
10,930 Posts
You've got it our Brother !

I wasn't sure if you were going to evac or ride it, looking at it's pattern.
Stay safe.....and May The Force Be With You !

Dungeon Krewe be Praying .

·
Registered
14,553 Posts
Well, what's the word. Thunderbirds? How is everyone doing?

·
Registered
10,930 Posts
Have not heard anything yet from Shadow, but I do know that my cousins down there rode it out O.K.
Said they were picking fish out of the front yard & dodging gators !
No word yet from the other folks we know in Slidell, except I know they left town !

Everything good here ;)

uncle

·
Registered
19,819 Posts
Here in sunny California we're just waiting to be inundated by wood smoke from forest fires. But the prevailing winds have been kind so far this year.
On the N' Sweat Lager front, we're utilizing old masks as filter material. But frankly, they lack the same pizzazz as our usual double barreled alternatives.

Reactions: engineer151515

·
Registered
10,930 Posts
Quantity may be subject to improvization...

QUALITY,........NEVER !

·
Ret. Fireman
4,603 Posts
Have not heard anything yet from Shadow, but I do know that my cousins down there rode it out O.K.
Said they were picking fish out of the front yard & dodging gators !
No word yet from the other folks we know in Slidell, except I know they left town !

Everything good here ;)

uncle
Yes rode out Hurricane IDA, winds 110 plus at my location...No damage to the house, tons of limbs and leaves down, been picking those up and burning between the rain storms ever since the storm!
One old fellow on the eat side of Slidell was attacked by a gator, it ripped his arm off, his wife did what she could to place him back on their porch and went to get people to help him but he didn't survive...
We just got internet for the home computer today!
Thanks for thinking about this old Cajun Boy!

·
Registered
10,930 Posts
Good to hear you're intact !
Heard about that poor fellow & the gator, that's gotta be a nasty way to go :(

Everybody that I know down that way has checked in, you were the only one I didn't hear from, so now I can relax !
I can think of about a dozen or so Cajun's I'm PROUD to call friends !

later
uncle albert

·
Registered
7,738 Posts
Happy Thanksgiving to the ol' Ten Ringer crew.

Mrs. Taterhead wanted to do Turkey Day "easy", so she'll be serving food on paper plates. Meal will be made by the Replicator that she ordered from QVC. "Some Assembly Required." Pshaw! Guess who had a project and now has a PhD in astrophisics!

My in-laws will be the Guinea Pigs, and that's fine by me. Not being the type to early adopt technology, I have my doubts. Being untrustworthy, I insisted on me making the pecan pies the traditional way.

Works for this guy, so who knows!

Lots to be thankful for. And quick quick nod in remembrance of our old pal Samurairabbi. Hope the N' Sweat is cold and flowing for you wherever you might be, Sir.

·
Registered
19,819 Posts
We are just a step below replicated food here. We chose to just buy the turkey thighs and forget about the rest of the bird. But, in our defense, we do have a can of cranberry sauce.

Season's Greetings
Happy Thanksgiving

Reactions: Taterhead

·
Registered
10,930 Posts
Son Mike did his 1st deep-fried buzzard, had cooing time not quite right, bird came out extra-crispy, but still edible ;)

He followed the on-line instructions from Butterball instead of listening to dad.
Learn, he will. Windy day, so Mom Nature did him no favors either.
D-I-L Kelly made a mincemeat pie, so I was well taken care of, and the "N"Sweat Lager was perfectly cold, so meal was quite alright !

Toasted Rabbi with a cold one!

Taterhead, let me guess, they had the wrong resistance flux-capacitors in the kit, or they sent you the version with the instructions in Swahili ?
Or the other fluke, the "colour-coded" wiring diagram was a Xerox in B&W.

27961 - 27980 of 27995 Posts