GlockTalk Forum banner

27381 - 27400 of 27877 Posts

·
Registered
19,143 Posts
The file name is n350Small.jpg
To find the directory that it is in, you can right click on any image and say "save image" and it will show you the directory path. Write that down and then when you are selecting "browse" for your new avatar, you'll have to maneuver to that path.
Try downloading my smoking baby. You'll see the path for downloads. The default is often a directory called "Downloads."

·
Registered
10,858 Posts
it's telling me that the file name n350Small.jpg is not a valid file name....

computers still hate me.....

·
Registered
10,858 Posts
now I know WHY I prefer large-caliber weapons with explosive projectiles.
unlike an "Arnold" type Terminator, if it's mechanical, IT CAN BE BROKEN !

·
Registered
10,858 Posts
Rifiling the barrels has to be very time-consuming with limited power at his disposal. But at least there is lathe capability for turning with the water wheel.
A hammer-forge is out of the question at this time I would assume ?

·
Registered
10,858 Posts
If we have enough water for a usable water wheel, we should be able to come up with some kind of hydraulic system based on water. It IS a non-compressible liquid, the basis of hydraulic power.

And not EVERY system of every robot will be rendered un-usable, some will have only minor damage, ie control systems or electronics.

·
Registered
10,858 Posts
In theory, we have just built, or can build, a D.C. generator. Therefore, can also build a D.C. motor. So the waterwheel is a great start, yes.
And we can power the generator with the waterwheel. You see where this is going.....

·
Registered
19,143 Posts
Modern technology driven by a waterwheel = electricity. Plus with all the cannibalized hydraulics, and capacitors powered by our electric motors the sky is the limit.
There is also a nuclear powered locomotive in operation and our clever operators surreptitiously install a wiring harness which serves as a power takeoff when we need to operate our EMP device. :geek:
But, we go oldschool when we capture the guy with a time dilation device (which lets him move super fast) and we catch him in an enclosed area with a spring propelled net. It's the best of old and new: EMP's, rope and gunpowder. Coming soon to a bookstore near you (well, Amazon and B&N anyhow).
chronosscifi.com/

·
Registered
10,858 Posts
ZOUNDS !!!~
like a plan.

In the words of Hannibal from "The A Team" "I love it when a plan comes together" !

·
Registered
10,858 Posts
THAT QUALIFIES.......IN SPADES !!

·
Registered
10,858 Posts
I know that feeling. When it gets too slow, I switch over & play solitare !
Far, far less frustrating !~

·
Registered
10,858 Posts
When MY typing speed is out-running the computer, something is TERRIBLY wrong !
I type with the "H&P" method, usually about 3-4 WPM. !

·
Registered
19,143 Posts
I type with the "H&P" method, usually about 3-4 WPM. !
My rate per minute is actually slower than that if you allow for correcting mistakes.
I called Xfinity and they ID'd me from the phone number that I called from (even thought it's a cable modem). I got an automated message menu which allowed me to have Xfinity ping my modem and establish that it was functioning. Then, they reset my modem (even though I'd done that a half dozen times). But, their reset fixed it. :alien::geek:🌈🐐🌈🎯

27381 - 27400 of 27877 Posts