GlockTalk Forum banner

27301 - 27320 of 27885 Posts

·
Registered
19,147 Posts
But if I did that....then I'd also have to add more room for the Marx Brothers !
That's strange. I almost amended my original thought to say you should have six so that one could be named after Zeppo Marx.
Well, it must be a case of great minds think alike.
So, we double the size of your current pond, have nine shrimp and devise a method to heat it with methane from your sheep dip pile.
Shemp the shrimp. It speaks to me.

·
Registered
10,862 Posts
I see potential for a cartoon there. Possibly a new neighbor for Sponge Bob ?

·
Registered
10,862 Posts
"I don't know how the elephant got INTO my pajamas. They're only size 3X !".....

Thanksgiving plans finalized, 14 people, 1 turkey, 1 ham, 4 pies, and no limit on drinks !
Bird & ham will share space on the Weber this year, will be easier logistically than using Weber & fryer. Already have cooking times calculated, pending final weigh-in of bird.
And I GARE-UNNN-TEE no tofu or vegan dishes will darken my doorway !
Just sad there's no venison roast this year :(

·
Registered
10,862 Posts
Turkey thighs are fantastic, hope they're not skinless :dunno:.
Started with the pie already, Auntie made 2 crust-less pumpkin pies this AM, one has already been sacrificed for testing, was told to leave the other one alone.... I told her if she leaves it alone, it's not my fault what might happen to it !:eat:

Alas, no mincemeat pies this year, stores don't seem to have it in stock yet, was told to czech back a couple weeks before Christmas. :(
might have to haunt some other area stores....

·
Registered
19,147 Posts
Alas, no mincemeat pies this year, stores don't seem to have it in stock yet
:whistling: Yeah, that's the ticket. They're a really high demand item.
Auntie made 2 crust-less pumpkin pies this AM, one has already been sacrificed for testing,
She has to hide things from you, doesn't she. Admit it!

·
Registered
10,862 Posts
Since I'm now retired, and this place is just as new to me as it is to her, hiding places are waiting to be discovered yet:alex: so it can become a "Search & Destroy" mission easily.

The new project is coming along, building an AR in .350 Legend for pig hunting. I promised my Godson that when I came down to hunt pigs, I'd have something he ain't seen yet from my collection ;) so now he's wondering just what I'm up to, as nothing I do really surprises the boy anymore. But it's easier to re-barrel an existing rifle than cough up the 2 grand that Wilson gets for one.....Waiting on an adjustable gas block, because nobody can seem to agree what the caliber needs for gas flow. A bolt action would be simpler, but a lot less fun.:dancing:
I had thought about a .300 Blackout, but it has a potential for disaster, as it will chamber in a .223/5.56 and cause a massive K.B. !!!
The Legend will not fit into a .223 chamber, it stops about 60% of the way in, so it's as fool-proof as possible. And there are some states that require a straight-wall case for rifles for deer, it meets that criteria also.
FWIW....There's a Contender barrel on order for it too, so it's a handgun alternate.

·
Registered
10,862 Posts
He WAS RE-ELECTED. Now we have to repeal the Steal !

Reactions: engineer151515

·
Registered
10,862 Posts
Not really, I just got tired of doing partial builds at the store for customers, usually everything but the lower so we're not "manufacturing" a firearm, just to keep it legal. Thought it was time to do one for me if nothing else, to build a "different" one. Even 2 of our local cops have AR pistols in .300 Blackout for "house" guns. I just wanted a "hunting" AR. Varmints don't count, my H-Bar will group p'dog ammo easily in 3/4" for 10 @ 100 yds, and that's only with a 3-9 on a top handle mount. So this one is getting a flat-top so it can be scoped properly.

If you get your stone before Christmas, are you going to have this one bronzed ?:kidding:

·
Registered
19,147 Posts
If you get your stone before Christmas, are you going to have this one bronzed ?
I'll turn it in to the lab.
The award for bronzing stuff goes to the Philistines who used to bronze the hemorrhoids of dead people in the belief that they were an alien presence that had taken control of their hosts. Augh, science.

·
Registered
10,862 Posts
If one has had bad enough hemorrhoids, that theory might be plausible :alex: I had a boss like that once, for a SHORT time, what happened to Han Solo in the Carbonite seemed like a great idea....

·
Registered
10,862 Posts
A good customer at the gun shop has always got comments about "college boys" and 2nd. Lieutenants. He was a Huey mechanic in 'Nam for about 3-4 years ('64-'67) and has zero tolerance for "talkers, not doers" if you will. Every so often he goes off on a tangent,:fred: but he's still usually correct about 90% of the time. Agent Orange has taken it's toll, but the mind is still fine.
Sheet metal worker by profession, good at wood finishing, and a walking encyclopedia on S&W revolvers.
Tells me I don't count as a college boy, even with the Eng. degree because I actually know how to build it if I design it, and fix it if somebody else screwed the pooch designing it.
I tell him it's all a lucky guess :dunno: and coffee !

·
Registered
19,147 Posts
Tells me I don't count as a college boy, even with the Eng. degree because I actually know how to build it if I design it, and fix it if somebody else screwed the pooch designing it.
Like anything, a few bad apples give the rest of us a bad reputation.
One of the engineering managers, at a place I worked at had a reputation for hating project managers (talkers, not doers). The first time I met him, I confronted the issue head on. His hand was wrapped and splinted from carpal tunnel. I pointed to it and said I heard he got that from hitting a project manager (and then made him shake my hand with it). We ended up getting along okay in the long run, but it was all uphill for a while.

·
Registered
10,862 Posts
Something about us being TAUGHT, not INDOCTRINATED ?

·
Registered
10,862 Posts
Shemp seems more like it !

Right now, pie count stands at 3, (pumpkin,sweet potato & cherry) along with an apple-bar concoction that looks like a great candidate for a hot pot of coffee !
Might have an update in the AM.....

Reactions: engineer151515
27301 - 27320 of 27885 Posts