GlockTalk Forum banner

27161 - 27180 of 27892 Posts

·
Registered
10,866 Posts
I can understand that. :( Nothing is fun when you hurt.

·
Registered
10,866 Posts
Taking anything for it ? And, NO I won't make an offer.....

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
I have some codeine left over from a surgery a year and a half ago. It's a little expired, but it works ok.
Honestly, the best relief I got was running very hot water over my back during a shower. It was so hot that I couldn't feel the pain and when I got out of the shower that particular pain episode seems to have passed. I'm probably going to mount this one when it finally spits out.

·
Registered
10,866 Posts
I use the hot water trick a LOT with my back. That & a handful of Advil seems to make things like sleep a bit easier.
I take showers more for the back than anything else, the pulsating shower head is a nice touch.
With what I was doing today in the garage, I can tell it's going to be a 4-Advil night. :(

·
Registered
10,866 Posts
Nada.....had total of 2 kids show up.....our grandkids.
Matthew was a Knight in shining armor, and Samantha made a very impressive "Harley Quinn".
She's TOO GOOD AT IT...scary good.
Kelly made the kid's costumes and they came out great.
I was sure we would have kids show up this year, but no deal. :( Auntie also ruled out the 18' inflatable Grinch I was looking at for Christmas. The orange leds were around the door as usual, but with all the BS about the virus, there were really very few kids out at all in the community this year.
mebbe next year....

·
1911 lover
10,144 Posts
No kids around so I got a few pieces of candy from my neighbor.. he has a ring security camera.. so i expect a still picture of my car in his driveway.

·
Registered
10,866 Posts
The little we did buy, I made sure it was stuff that I wanted to get as a kid !
Malted Milk Balls & Milk Duds were always on my list, as well as dark chocolate bars.
My daughter gave me a candy bar for Halloween, a Ghiaridelli 95% bar !
I stretched that one out over 4 days :)
I miss Necco Wafers thou.

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
No kids around so I got a few pieces of candy from my neighbor.. he has a ring security camera.. so i expect a still picture of my car in his driveway.
If he got your license number, you're busted for sure.
I miss Necco Wafers thou.
I might not be thinking of the same thing that you are. But, if I am, that would explain why they make those things.
The little we did buy, I made sure it was stuff that I wanted to get as a kid
That was always the test (would I have eaten it willingly as a child). My grandparents always gave us those Italian nougats. As an adult, I like them. But, as a child, eating one was a torturous ordeal. And if you pretended you liked it, they'd make you eat another one.

·
Registered
10,866 Posts
The orange-colored, banana-flavored, marshmallow "Circus Peanuts"......:elephant:
The person that came up with those should be made to clean up behind 20 sick elephants, with a teaspoon & a STRAW !

The Necco wafers were great, except for their licorice flavor. I LOVE good licorice....
They made fine BB gun targets, and they exploded when hit, no doubt of "if".
And you weren't littering with them. ;)

If I remember the Italian nougats, they weren't overly sweet, correct ?

But when I was a kid, the bars had the BEST stuff, they gave out FULL SIZE candy bars:dancing:

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
If I remember the Italian nougats, they weren't overly sweet, correct ?
Yup. Not overly sweet to an adult. But, to a child, they were a moisture sucking, chalk flavored wad of gum that you had to choke down before it suffocated you.
But when I was a kid, the bars had the BEST stuff, they gave out FULL SIZE candy bars
It's like candy flavored vaping, wine coolers and lightly flavored alcoholic beverages. Once they sink the hook, they hope you'll be back for more; lots more.
The orange-colored, banana-flavored, marshmallow "Circus Peanuts"......:elephant:
The person that came up with those should be made to clean up behind 20 sick elephants, with a teaspoon & a STRAW !
I always figured that's how they made them. :headscratch:
I just threw up in my mouth a little.

Necco wafers ... licorice flavor. .... made fine BB gun targets,
Good idea: instant feedback, melts into the earth, nothing to clean up and nobody has to eat the damn things.

·
Registered
10,866 Posts
The good old days....

except I wasn't NEARLY this old, and damn sure wasn't "good".
A veritable BRAT, I was.....
But I never missed Rocky & Bullwinkle !

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
except I wasn't NEARLY this old, and damn sure wasn't "good".
Old? I just got back from a CT scan. My kidneys have enough stones in them to be the source of puns discussed by Fred and Barney.
But I never missed Rocky & Bullwinkle !
Maybe I should plug in one of their DVDs to cheer me up. If this doctor does not prescribe pain killers, I'm in for a very long weekend. AND, He doesn't like to prescribe them.

·
Registered
10,866 Posts
So we can change your nickname to "Rocky" ?
Or get you an audition with a famous band ?.......and you would be the YOUNGEST member !

·
Registered
10,866 Posts
Almost sounds like a high-perf exhaust system..... ;)

27161 - 27180 of 27892 Posts