GlockTalk Forum banner

27101 - 27120 of 27365 Posts

·
Registered
10,593 Posts
With a retaining wall, if they're anything like ours, all of the shrapnel from the tank headed out onto the Freeway. Any report of injuries ? Even a small tank makes an impressive fireball:flamingdrpep:

·
Registered
158 Posts
To the peeps mailing in ballots: seriously?

Also: I brush hog with a kioti ck4010 and 6' hog is just enough. Choose wisely for home pasture maintenance

·
Registered
10,593 Posts
with my fence situation, I'm actually looking for a flail type machine; If I could find a Matthews Co. "Lawn Genie" in either a 4' or 5' version, I'd be real happy. I can still get virtually all the parts for those, M.C. has forever been super on parts for their machines, and if it's not in stock, they will fab it from the print archives. I was part of the design crew on the 4' version, and it's a tank. Extremely over-built & durable, it could withstand a 35 hp input !
A Brush Hog is an excellent machine, but I need manuverability in my situation, a long tail swing won't get it.

·
Registered
10,593 Posts
They have some older grain dryers that were made in the mid 50's that are still in constant use.
When I worked there in the 70's, I made parts for one machine, serial # 4(!) still on the same farm it originally was delivered to. The farm is out near Marengo IL and still has that machine TODAY ! It gives hope to the Energizer Bunny !
I still have friends there, and the service continues to this day. Farmers would rather "repair" than "replace" equipment.

·
Registered
10,593 Posts
Unfortunately for "Classic Purists" most of the cool old iron in Cuba has been re-powered & reworked to death. When the embargo was imposed by Pres. Kennedy, U.S. made parts dried up quickly, and to keep them running, everything & anything was used. Think '55 & '56 Chevys with Russian made Skoda engines & other worse abominations. A lot of them run diesels because they were there when nothing else was.
At east a lot of the bodies don't have a lot of rust, but it's almost impossible to export a car OUT of Cuba.
Recycling at it's finest ?

·
Registered
10,593 Posts
At least it's not totally obnoxious on old iron.
That "Barbie Pink" on a new Rolls would indicate that Paris Hilton is in the area !

·
Registered
10,593 Posts
Along with Elvis ?:music:

·
Registered
10,593 Posts
for similar reasons.....avoid the public !

Had a friend pass in southern IL, will be out of town for 2-3 days, so if you don't hear from me, I didn't get abducted by little green men. (if I do, I promise pictures)

on GT, his screen name was "Dits", another 10MM shooter :(

·
Registered
10,593 Posts
We're heading so far out in the sticks, SE of Springfield, I don't think they can even spell "covid"
down there. Will be as quick a trip as is possible, his brother wants to head back to FL tomorrow night.

Reactions: MinervaDoe

·
Registered
10,593 Posts
Roger, Wilco

·
Registered
10,593 Posts
Made it back, no little Green men, no virus, truck loaded to gills, brought back far more than was planned, still sorting & determining "WHAT" next.

·
Registered
10,593 Posts
A garage sale that would make a democrat cringe !
I'm not done counting primers yet, but close to 50K :faint:with 2 boxes left....
strangely enough, NO Unique powder :dunno:

27101 - 27120 of 27365 Posts