08:40 PM

Discussion in 'The 10 Ring' started by wabash, Jan 10, 2001.

1. VN350X10

VN350X10

It's all gone, neighbors out mowing lawn this morning, something ELSE I need to do again:faint:
    Might be time to invest in a snow-blower for the Zero-Turn :alex:

Got back from early voting a bit ago, upset that they wouldn't let me do it Chicago Style, told me I could only go thru the line ONCE :( what fun is that ?:brickwall:

2. MinervaDoe

MinervaDoe

We mailed in our ballots this weekend. Woo hoo.
    They only let Democrats vote twice, but dead people get to vote until they are 97.
    Home ownership: the gift that keeps on giving.
    The toys just keep getting funner and funner, don't they.

3. VN350X10

VN350X10

Was looking into a LARGER Kubota, next frame-size up & another 5-6 HP, gives me more options for rear mounted (3-PT) attachments, a slightly wider snow blower & a loader that will lift about 300# more & get it about a foot higher.
    The one I've got now is borderline if I want to go with a 5' rear-mounted (Brush-Hog) type mower, and I've got the Zero-Turn for the actual lawn, so it might be time for a bigger toy !
    After all, can't have the grandson's re-powered JD having more HP than I've got ! ;)

FWIW, In Chi, the dead people get to vote 3X per election, and they've raised the high-limit voting age to 103.

4. MinervaDoe

MinervaDoe

Piled Higher and Deeper. That sounds like an advanced degree.
    That's what she said.
    .... and the race is on. You're competing with yourself, you know?
    It's 2020 and even the most mathematically impaired poll worker should realize that someone born in 1919 has passed the magical centennial mark. Making them care is another thing all together. Now, if they're wearing a MAGA cap, they probably won't even make it to the poll in one piece.

5. VN350X10

VN350X10

But it's STILL competition !

That's what "PhD" stands for ......isn't it ?:dunno:

6. MinervaDoe

MinervaDoe

Yes, acquiring more knowledge becomes a contest of who's is bigger at some point.
    Quality becomes secondary to more.

7. VN350X10

VN350X10

Unless one learns something new every day, I feel the day is wasted.
    There have been some days in the past that I was wasted:drunk:and learned nothing, but that's a whole different subject:dancingbanana:

8. MinervaDoe

MinervaDoe

On that vein, Here's today's trivia factoid.
    It is International Sloth Day.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 20, 2020
  9. VN350X10

VN350X10

Impressive !
    The only land-dwelling, warm blooded animal that moves so s l o w that moss actually grows on some species !~
    question.....was it really supposed to be in July, but just NOW got around to it ?

10. MinervaDoe

MinervaDoe

It might have been one of the few days that wasn't already International something or other day.
    I hear they have moths residing in their fur too.

11. VN350X10

VN350X10

I think that's also true.

and some folks call me slow...HA !

I heard that some parts of MN got heavy snow today. Well, the state's name is "Minn-a-Snowta".
    So what do they expect anyhow ? :dunno:

12. MinervaDoe

MinervaDoe

We heard a big boom last night. It turns out that one of our homeless encampments (which is built between the sound retaining wall and the freeway) had a one acre fire. They had a propane tank which blew up when it got caught up in the blaze. Mind you, the camp is basically on the side of the freeway and hidden by a grove of trees put there to 'beautify' the two story high wall. Augh, California: the land of milk and honey.

13. VN350X10

VN350X10

With a retaining wall, if they're anything like ours, all of the shrapnel from the tank headed out onto the Freeway. Any report of injuries ? Even a small tank makes an impressive fireball:flamingdrpep:

14. MrPizza

MrPizza

To the peeps mailing in ballots: seriously?

Also: I brush hog with a kioti ck4010 and 6' hog is just enough. Choose wisely for home pasture maintenance

15. VN350X10

VN350X10

with my fence situation, I'm actually looking for a flail type machine; If I could find a Matthews Co. "Lawn Genie" in either a 4' or 5' version, I'd be real happy. I can still get virtually all the parts for those, M.C. has forever been super on parts for their machines, and if it's not in stock, they will fab it from the print archives. I was part of the design crew on the 4' version, and it's a tank. Extremely over-built & durable, it could withstand a 35 hp input !
    A Brush Hog is an excellent machine, but I need manuverability in my situation, a long tail swing won't get it.

16. MinervaDoe

MinervaDoe

That's good service.
    [​IMG]

17. VN350X10

VN350X10

They have some older grain dryers that were made in the mid 50's that are still in constant use.
    When I worked there in the 70's, I made parts for one machine, serial # 4(!) still on the same farm it originally was delivered to. The farm is out near Marengo IL and still has that machine TODAY ! It gives hope to the Energizer Bunny !
    I still have friends there, and the service continues to this day. Farmers would rather "repair" than "replace" equipment.

18. MinervaDoe

MinervaDoe

You guys are like Cubans.
    [​IMG]

19. VN350X10

VN350X10

Unfortunately for "Classic Purists" most of the cool old iron in Cuba has been re-powered & reworked to death. When the embargo was imposed by Pres. Kennedy, U.S. made parts dried up quickly, and to keep them running, everything & anything was used. Think '55 & '56 Chevys with Russian made Skoda engines & other worse abominations. A lot of them run diesels because they were there when nothing else was.
    At east a lot of the bodies don't have a lot of rust, but it's almost impossible to export a car OUT of Cuba.
    Recycling at it's finest ?

20. MinervaDoe

MinervaDoe

It seems to be quite the market for pastel paint too.