GlockTalk Forum banner

27081 - 27100 of 27795 Posts

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
A lot of people like to either pressure-cook or par-boil them to eliminate most of the fat :( that takes too much flavor OUT of the ribs. The sauce should be a condiment, not the major flavor !
I much prefer my own sauce, actually, it's a real good rub recipe mixed with Coca-Cola, sweet, but tangy. (yes, it has cayenne in it....a lot)
When I use store-bought, I prefer "Mumbo" which is made in Chicago, but now has decent distribution in the Midwest.....used to be, it was only in some small areas OF Chi, and I wasn't real crazy about driving into the South Side to get it:alex:so when I went in, I'd buy 2-3 cases at a time. It didn't come from a good'hood !!
Auntie likes "Sweet Baby Rays", so that's what I used last night, it's really not a bad sauce, just needs a bit more "bite" to it. A good mild sauce really.

·
Registered
19,081 Posts

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
I've got some pure habenero extract to liven things up when needed.:devildance::flamingdrpep::devildance:

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
just think of it as Octane Booster for Chili !

side note: at 3:21 this afternoon, we started getting :cold:SNOW !

·
Registered
19,081 Posts
I put chipotle on a whole bunch of things that it does not belong on. Fortunately, I have not ventured any breakfast cereal experiments in that direction.

Snow!! What is this snow that you speak of? We have some nice winds cooling the area off this week. And, naturally, it being 2020, they are worried about it starting and spreading fires. :faint:

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
It was even worse west of us...
Someplace in Iowa got hit with 9" this afternoon !:faint:
I'm by FAR not ready for this, the 317 project has it's motor to put back in (Mike's plow for this year) the Kubota still has the loader on it, and me & snow with that bucket are a disaster waiting to happen, I need to get the blower on, and a bunch of other minor projects, like winterizing the water system on the camper need attention also.:director::headscratch::holysheep:

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
It's all gone, neighbors out mowing lawn this morning, something ELSE I need to do again:faint:
Might be time to invest in a snow-blower for the Zero-Turn :alex:

Got back from early voting a bit ago, upset that they wouldn't let me do it Chicago Style, told me I could only go thru the line ONCE :( what fun is that ?:brickwall:

·
Registered
19,081 Posts
Got back from early voting a bit ago,
We mailed in our ballots this weekend. Woo hoo.
upset that they wouldn't let me do it Chicago Style, told me I could only go thru the line ONCE :( what fun is that ?
They only let Democrats vote twice, but dead people get to vote until they are 97.
neighbors out mowing lawn this morning, something ELSE I need to do again
Home ownership: the gift that keeps on giving.
Might be time to invest in a snow-blower for the Zero-Turn
The toys just keep getting funner and funner, don't they.

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
Was looking into a LARGER Kubota, next frame-size up & another 5-6 HP, gives me more options for rear mounted (3-PT) attachments, a slightly wider snow blower & a loader that will lift about 300# more & get it about a foot higher.
The one I've got now is borderline if I want to go with a 5' rear-mounted (Brush-Hog) type mower, and I've got the Zero-Turn for the actual lawn, so it might be time for a bigger toy !
After all, can't have the grandson's re-powered JD having more HP than I've got ! ;)

FWIW, In Chi, the dead people get to vote 3X per election, and they've raised the high-limit voting age to 103.

·
Registered
19,081 Posts
will lift about 300# more & get it about a foot higher.
Piled Higher and Deeper. That sounds like an advanced degree.
it might be time for a bigger toy !
That's what she said.
can't have the grandson's re-powered JD having more HP than I've got !
.... and the race is on. You're competing with yourself, you know?
In Chi, the dead people get to vote 3X per election, and they've raised the high-limit voting age to 103.
It's 2020 and even the most mathematically impaired poll worker should realize that someone born in 1919 has passed the magical centennial mark. Making them care is another thing all together. Now, if they're wearing a MAGA cap, they probably won't even make it to the poll in one piece.

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
But it's STILL competition !

That's what "PhD" stands for ......isn't it ?:dunno:

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
Unless one learns something new every day, I feel the day is wasted.
There have been some days in the past that I was wasted:drunk:and learned nothing, but that's a whole different subject:dancingbanana:

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
Impressive !
The only land-dwelling, warm blooded animal that moves so s l o w that moss actually grows on some species !~
question.....was it really supposed to be in July, but just NOW got around to it ?

·
Registered
19,081 Posts
question.....was it really supposed to be in July, but just NOW got around to it ?
It might have been one of the few days that wasn't already International something or other day.
The only land-dwelling, warm blooded animal that moves so s l o w that moss actually grows on some species !~
I hear they have moths residing in their fur too.

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
I think that's also true.

and some folks call me slow...HA !

I heard that some parts of MN got heavy snow today. Well, the state's name is "Minn-a-Snowta".
So what do they expect anyhow ? :dunno:

·
Registered
19,081 Posts
We heard a big boom last night. It turns out that one of our homeless encampments (which is built between the sound retaining wall and the freeway) had a one acre fire. They had a propane tank which blew up when it got caught up in the blaze. Mind you, the camp is basically on the side of the freeway and hidden by a grove of trees put there to 'beautify' the two story high wall. Augh, California: the land of milk and honey.

27081 - 27100 of 27795 Posts