08:40 PM

Discussion in 'The 10 Ring' started by wabash, Jan 10, 2001.

1. VN350X10

VN350X10

Augustus Galoop is my SASS alias. (besides being the fat kid that fell into the chocolate river in Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory)
    With so many cousins & all the neighborhood kids, Halloween was a real big deal in the old neighborhood. The bars gave out the BIG chocolate bars (3 Musketeers, Milkey Way, etc.) and there were a lot of them, all the neighbors gave out great stuff (one of my favorites was the old lady who gave out her home-made carmel apples,) they put "Affy Tapples" to shame !
    And any aduly out with the kids got a shot or a beer at the bars,(they MORE than made it up in business!) And we could be out until about 11:00 PM & nobody worried, it was the only time that the kids from the north side of Rt.120 got along with the kids from the south side. We'd even exchange notes on WHO had the best candy or treats ! ;)
    Never missed a Christmas....or a Midnight Mass (mom's fave). Being Catholic & Irish, what can I say.

Having one being "owed" has it's perks ;) Are the in-laws Orthodox ?

2. MinervaDoe

MinervaDoe

No.
    Yup. I can't complain.
    Egging houses and covering people and cars with shaving cream was pretty big when I was growing up. I just lost my enthusiasm for it after getting hit in the face by eggs thrown from cars and being threatened by some older kids. After that, we went out looking for trouble and typically got blamed for some stuff we didn't do. :dunno:

3. VN350X10

VN350X10

Never did the egg thing, I had better uses:eat:for them...
    The shaving cream, however, was employed on several occasions ;) (except for 1 girlfriend who was into whipped cream....leave it at that) I know all about the older kids thing, I was one of the younger (but meaner) ones. One of the real problems, was everybody knew everybody else, including parents, so that tended to keep us all in line :( But we survived, none of the old group became axe-murderers, but none became clergy either. Boringly stable group as adults really.
    For the most part, the only time we see each other now is at funerals, most have drifted away.
    Sitting here now, vanilla ice-cream w/red raspberries. Blood sugar be damned, but it tastes GREAT !:dancing:
    Work progressing on another J-D tractor, son Mike decided he didn't want to shovel snow this year. This one isn't going to be a show machine, just a snow:cold:machine.
    I'll start welding the necessary pcs. in the morning.
    I'm waiting to hear from the painter for the project mower deck so I can schedule it in, as we're not going to sandblast until the painter is lined up. No sense letting it rust all over again.:dunno: And clean, sandblasted metal rusts FAST around here.
    Then there's the proposed project of another trailer.....(need a hole in my head, I do !)

4. MinervaDoe

MinervaDoe

In a city, people are pretty anonymous. People would show up in our neighborhood because the candy was good. Nobody knew them.
    Meh. I got tricked into showing up at my H.S's last reunion. It was the same old clicky crap. Nobody really talked to anybody outside of their old group. Not drifted apart, but always apart.
    A working man's toy.
    Hope he can fit you in and give you a window to get it sandblasted.
    You need to learn how to say no.

5. VN350X10

VN350X10

The whole idea of the new trailer is to keep my large one from getting out too often !
    Silly, it does look with a single, small garden tractor on it !
    The largest it's hauled is a toss-up, the 1967 Chevy 10 series pickup, or the Ford Crown Vic, set up for demo-derby. Both of them filled it rather well. There was also a '67 Chevelle in there.
    It was designed to haul the Kubota, with the loader & the roto-tiller attached at the same time.
    Since it was already that long, we widened it to handle a small car. With the 2 attachments installed, the Kubota weighs in right around 2650 lbs.
    It's got enough tire & axle for 8,000 lbs. so weight isn't a consideration.

The painter isn't going to blast it, I am, but I gotta know when he can fit it in the painting schedule. I really HATE painting things......

My H.S. reunions have all been anywhere from decent to outstanding. Seems the 10 yr. folks were still "cliqueish" but since then, the longer we've been out, the friendlier everybody's become (except for about 5 people, and they were $#!theads in school anyhow). I'm amazed at how badly some of them have aged....... Except for Suzi Grabow.....she looks like she's about 30'ish, she was a smoking hottie back in school, and a total sweetheart, liked everybody, still does. If any of them deserved to keep their looks, my votes for her:Sharon: ! She's a RN, so she really DOES like people.
    Best thing that ever happened to our reunions, the Senior class president, who by tradition is supposed to spearhead the reunions, dropped over of a massive grabber at about 7 years out !
    He was a total Moron anyhow, and is not missed by anybody. So he never had a chance to mess it up. And we have been quite lucky, one or another of the group has suggested the food/restraunt for the dinner, and we've never been sorry about it, so that's been good. They probably wouldn't go with my suggestions, but it would probably be based on price. I don't often eat at cheap joints ;) so my idea of a meal might be just a bit high for some.
    Our next one will be in 2023, as we're going on a 5 year basis now, just to keep more in touch with each other.

6. MinervaDoe

MinervaDoe

I guess our 45th would have been this summer. But, like everything else in 2020, it didn't happen. That's okay with me. I guess I don't think about high school much anymore.

7. VN350X10

VN350X10

2O2O DIDN'T HAPPEN !
    at least not in a conventional sense.

Too bad we don't have Samuri Rabbi to consult on this. I'll bet he would know where & with whom to apply for our refund !:dunno:

8. MinervaDoe

MinervaDoe

Sammy would provide us with the correct plenipotentiary focus, so that we could determine the correct fiduciary responsibilities and ultimately assign blame for 2020 being such a rough year.

9. VN350X10

VN350X10

You're forgetting the important part.....

WE COLLECT (Dungeon, of course, getting it's traditional 28% cut)

10. VN350X10

VN350X10

Another thought.....just another reason for a PAR-TEE !!:bluesbrothers::dancing::dancingbanana::music:

11. MinervaDoe

MinervaDoe

For collecting 28% or for assigning the blame?

12. VN350X10

VN350X10

Oh, absolutely, for assigning the blame !

The 28% is just the normal Dungeon operating cost/piece of the action.
    Some things never change :)

13. MinervaDoe

MinervaDoe

You ready for another round of Dems making stuff up about the latest supreme court nominee.

14. VN350X10

VN350X10

They're probably gonna scream that one of Trump's choices is anti-abortion....
    She's Catholic & has 7:alex:kids. Minor detail....
    If the Senate don't have a bunch of RINO's flop, it should be a slam-dunk. The Republicans HAVE a majority ;) :waving: Now if they only use it & get this crap over with:deadhorse:

15. MinervaDoe

MinervaDoe

Then we can move on to other crap, like:
    • What will the Democrat brown shirts riot about next.
    • Are mail in ballots going to lead to record Democrat ballot fraud?
    • hypereutectic pistons VS forged
    • turbos VS blowers
    • drought VS flooding
    • man VS wild

16. VN350X10

VN350X10

1) Forged pistons
    2 Blower WITH a turbo (thank pulling tractors for this one!)
    3) With a lot of work, flooding can be controlled. Dying of thirst cannot !
    4) Wild, any time/place

The top two can be addressed with sight alignment & proper trigger control. May as well lump them together, it will happen sooner or later !:50cal:

17. MinervaDoe

MinervaDoe

• Diesel or gasoline?

18. VN350X10

VN350X10

Diesel, with alky injection to help keep temps down.
    I've also seen pulling tractors with as many as 4 turbo's gang stacked to increase boost.
    When one of those bad boys lets go.....:alex: it IS spectacular !

19. MinervaDoe

MinervaDoe

Do they sort of lose their heads, or is it a tops and bottoms affair?

20. VN350X10

VN350X10

Often, it's just a really loud "K L U N K".....
    But other times, it's hot:alex:oily pieces in all directions & a sonic:alex:boom is quieter :alex::alex::alex: