08:40 PM

Discussion in 'The 10 Ring' started by wabash, Jan 10, 2001.

1. MinervaDoe

MinervaDoe

I had a dream just before I woke up about candy bars; never a good omen.
    YUP, it seems like a body could put away more corn than that in one sitting.
    I matched that at last nights Rosh Hashanah feast. At least I didn't have a second helping of cake. :eat: Now, for my moment of weakness, I have to spend an extra thirty minutes on the exercise bike today. Movie time. :dancingbanana:

2. VN350X10

VN350X10

Just a quick question ??
    Could the death of RBG on Rosh Hashana be considered a good omen from the Lord ?

She WAS a big pusher of the idea of killing the innocent unborn....

just asking...

ps: to be sure, make it 45 minutes

3. MinervaDoe

MinervaDoe

everybody's always looking for a sign
    ... just sayin' ....
    Monotheism - When you've got to find one person to blame. It might as well be a supreme one.
    I just thought that people don't live very long. Kind of a bummer when you think about it. Work hard ,Get old, and Croak; it sucks for all of us.

4. VN350X10

VN350X10

At least she got REAL old before she croaked....
    Something comes to mind about only the good die young ?
    (at that rate, 135:fred:150 ought to be a gimmie for me)

Seems they have the right idea on Ork. Born very, very old, get younger & go out happy as a SQUIRT !

5. MinervaDoe

MinervaDoe

Ork. Gee, I'd probably be able to run about now.

Now the gimme gimme crowd says they're going to throw a riot on Federal property if Trump tries to elect a replacement for the court. Federal time for a Federal crime. This'll be a whole different ball game.

6. VN350X10

VN350X10

My thoughts on rioters......no matter how violent the protestor is, a single, center-mass shot should do the trick.:50cal:
    If our house is approached by those intent on looting or destroying, the 1st target will be the lit wick on a Molotov Cocktail. It will read like a children's book :
    See Rioter :mad:
    See Rioter burn :steamed:
    Burn Rioter, Burn :burn:

Self-immolation was a tool of Buddhist Monks in 'Nam. I consider that it would be giving the rioters a true, religious experience ;)

7. MinervaDoe

MinervaDoe

But, to protect Federal properties, Trump has stated he is interested in using this:

8. VN350X10

VN350X10

An interesting concept.....paid for with our tax dollars, but I'll bet they won't let me borrow the damn thing !

What a way to save on buying Halloween candy !:elephant:

9. MinervaDoe

MinervaDoe

Halloween out in your neck of the woods?
    What is the mean distance between houses?

The last time I did the place up for Halloween, my son was about five. I took this doghouse we had for our cat and set it prominently in the driveway, partially obscured by a fog machine. I put some huge five inch blinking eyes inside the house. This one little girl was obviously focused in fear on the doghouse and asked me, "What kind of animal is that in the doghouse?" I figured I was done scaring little kids. So now, we go dark most Halloweens. :honkie:

10. VN350X10

VN350X10

Not sure what's going to happen, but we now have a few kids in the neighborhood that are about the right age, so I'm hoping for a few this year.
    I haven't bought the 6' diameter R/C Tarantula yet thou. Those are KOOL ! And Home Depot has a really neat 12' high DRAGON that puffs smoke thru his nose ;)

I have friends that do up their houses:alex:more for the adults than for the kids !

11. VN350X10

VN350X10

Gotta add, I have an easy time for a fog machine, a couple of hunks of dry ice in the frog pond works well, and it's right next to the front sidewalk.....

12. MinervaDoe

MinervaDoe

You are into it. Sounds like it is in the budget then.
    Decisions, decisions.
    And you can use it to freeze the warts off of any witches that you run into.

13. VN350X10

VN350X10

Auntie isn't real big on the Halloween decorations. :( Points out that they would be hard to store in the off-season.(I said the barn) Her family never did the holiday up in a big way, my Mom ran amuck with it. Not going to mention the part that the M-I-L might play in it....

14. MinervaDoe

MinervaDoe

:alex: It's still September. Isn't this the off season? :alex:

15. VN350X10

VN350X10

The box the dragon comes in is about 4' X 4' X 3', the tarantula is about 3' square & 18" tall.
    And they've been on display for over a month !:faint:

16. MinervaDoe

MinervaDoe

And it's killing you every time you see the display.
    I no longer own a pickup truck and would be unable to bring it home.
    [​IMG]

17. VN350X10

VN350X10

Not really killing me, but there IS a nagging little voice saying :director:"buyme buyme buyme" every time
    I walk past the displays.......which are about 70' long total. There are witches, ghouls, skeletons, and all other assorted items. Last year the big thing was a haunted Pirate ship, which I could have set up coming out of the frog pond. Would have been a GREAT effect with the dry-ice fog ;)
    Some of the items are really large, think the giant green ghost from Ghostbusters, almost 16' high & 8' wide (this is an inflatable) with glowing red eyes. Gotta love LED's !

I have a pickup, and a large enough trailer to haul it on. Like one of EVERYTHING .....:headscratch:
    Kill me, Auntie would.....slowly & as painfully as she could dream up. I'm still not down with sleeping w/1 eye open ! :alex:

18. MinervaDoe

MinervaDoe

I have a 3' tall wooden standee of Snoopy sleeping on his doghouse with an electronic countdown of how many days until Christmas which I can let you have cheap. If you start it now, we'd have about 90 days until Christmas, right?

19. VN350X10

VN350X10

95, at least if my count is correct. When I was at work, I kept a "Countdown to Christmas" written in soapstone (chalk) on the upright beam behind my table. I usually started it on Dec. 26 when we went back to work !

20. MinervaDoe

MinervaDoe

Me thinks Augustus Galoop was more than just a funny nom de guerre.
    I've got to admire that you never lost that .... child like enthusiasm for holidays. No offense intended, but it does seem to have roots in your families influence.
    One Christmas I was with the in laws and no one mentioned that it was Christmas until the evening when the Mrs. apologized for forgetting it. If not for that, I would have forgotten myself. Having her think she owed me one was worth it.
    Did you ever miss a Christmas?