08:40 PM

Discussion in 'The 10 Ring' started by wabash, Jan 10, 2001.

1. VN350X10

VN350X10

Either is quite effective, but the arrow has a bit more useful range. Again, either is a useful "redneck" skill, handy in a survival situation. Pardon the pun, but it's all just another arrow in your quiver.

2. MinervaDoe

MinervaDoe

Sorry. City boy here. Our creek was lined with concrete. Where it abuts to the bay, there is some standing water, with some carp. No fishing allowed though.

3. VN350X10

VN350X10

Location is everything. Mom & Dad moved out of Chicago ASAP after they got married. Dad grew up in Chi, but when he was a kid it was a LOT different. Mom was born in ND, her family moved to MN when she was about 3 yrs. old, and lived on the outskirts of St.Cloud, which was rural enough that everybody had chickens & other critters. It was semi-farmland back then.
    Then they moved out to where I grew up, and it has only been in the last 30 years that people griped about shooting out there, we were as rural as possible really.

4. MinervaDoe

MinervaDoe

5. VN350X10

VN350X10

Joey- The World's Foremost Hot-Dogger !

Not many people can eat their own weight in ANYTHING, let alone hot-dogs !

6. MinervaDoe

MinervaDoe

I saw an ad yesterday for a machine strangely reminiscent of a George Foreman grill, but with special sausage shape alcoves. I don't remember the name but I'll refer to it as the Bratwurst 2000. Coming soon to a home shopping channel near you.
    Oh wait! A 13 second Intrawebs search has yielded results. Get a load of this name: The Johnsonville Sizzling Sausage Grill :rofl: You can't make this stuff up.
    https://www.sharperimage.com/si/vie...v|c|&msclkid=45babd84ce5b1032f148e3086fe4f24f

7. VN350X10

VN350X10

Years ago, an outfit named "Presto" made a device called a "Hot Dogger". You put the hot dogs on prongs on either side of it & closed the lid. What it did was use the dogs as a short-circuit, cooking them with their own electrical resistance. It could do up to 6 at a time, worked great, no way to energize without the lid being closed, as that completed the circuit.
    I think we still have our's someplace here :)

8. VN350X10

VN350X10

Looked at the Johnsonville widget. There's no way to spray beer on them while cooking :( Thank you, I'll stick with Mr.Weber ;)

9. MinervaDoe

MinervaDoe

The fact that the Presto Hot Dogger is missing in action is a true testament to it's utility. When is hot dog season this year? I hear we missed opening day.
    But Johnsonville? That is a truly classic moniker.

10. VN350X10

VN350X10

Don't know if you have Johnsonville meat products in your area, but they're actually quite good.
    (Made in WI), I've had better brats, but only from small "Mom & Pop" meat shops....and usually in & around Elkhart Lake WI, ie: Sheboygan Co. WI. best brats in the world :)
    Got some tree branches trimmed & on the burn pile this AM, am right now researching post hole augers that will mount to the 3-pt hitch & PTO of the Kubota. AIN'T NO WAY I'm doing post holes by hand any more, did far too many as a kid ! Will sit on tractor & do it the smart way. ;)
    I'm not sure if I need a 6" hole or a 9", need to check with a fence guy I know for suggestions.

11. MinervaDoe

MinervaDoe

See, I could be a journalist. I just quoted you out of context.
    No. CA is dominated by corporate juggernaut supply chains. There are a few local grocery stores here though.
    The stamp of quality.

12. VN350X10

VN350X10

I'm usually out of context most of the thyme !

13. MinervaDoe

MinervaDoe

If you're digging post holes, might I assume that you are expanding the sheep pen a bit?

14. VN350X10

VN350X10

Nope, just repairing fence all over the place ! I can get a tooth setup to fit my bucket, and pull the old ones with that, or rig something on the 3 pt.
    Hard work & I are NOT on speaking terms any more !

15. MinervaDoe

MinervaDoe

Labor saving devices make the world go around. Well, that and gravitational forces.

16. VN350X10

VN350X10

And Pizza......don't forget Pizza !

17. MinervaDoe

MinervaDoe

Well, obviously. As if I'd have to mention pizza.

18. VN350X10

VN350X10

Some people see Pizza as non-essential.....people with that attitude are themselves, non-essential :devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish:

19. MinervaDoe

MinervaDoe

More cheese for me though. :dunno:

20. VN350X10

VN350X10

Extra thin, crispy crust, sausage, pepperoni, mushroom, extra cheese, extra mushrooms.
    18" Used to eat one of those on a Friday night, with a 6-pack of Miller High Life. Auntie would have about 4 pcs. (square cut, Chicago style) and I'd finish it, while watching Midnight Special,
    hosted by the late Wolfman Jack (Bob Smith). Couldn't afford much else for entertainment, that was the first year or so we were married.
    Local place was so used to me, I'd just call & ask how long ? They knew the order by heart !

Got the zero-turn oil changed, blades off, cleaned out the deck:faint:didn't realise I had put it away so packed:hay:with grass. Took almost a bushel out of the damn thing....in AM will sharpen & balance the blades, and probably put a coat or 2 of paint on the inside of the deck, don't care if it's thick & runny, just to seal the steel against the corrosive effects of the grass. Having the special lift for it helps a lot, PITA with a regular floor jack.