08:40 PM

Discussion in 'The 10 Ring' started by wabash, Jan 10, 2001.

1. VN350X10

VN350X10

Went & looked carefully this morning. :( Yep, this is going to be a tractor job, so will have Mike help me change over the Kubota tonight or tomorrow. Not my idea of fun, everything is so wet & muddy right now. More lawn to tear up. The way things are greening right now, I might be out with the Zero-turn in a week or so.:faint:Wonder if there might be a sno blade or a hi-float kit for it :dunno: Water & winter, quite the combination !

2. MinervaDoe

MinervaDoe

I have a special admiration for people that can cope with mud.

3. VN350X10

VN350X10

There are times that there is no other choice.......filling everything in with concrete is just so damned expensive !

4. MinervaDoe

MinervaDoe

Even in my little dog run of a yard, I had to put in a walkway with paver stones. It just won't do to get the Mrs.'s house all muddy.

5. VN350X10

VN350X10

I'm planning on a couple of loads of crushed stone for the path out to the barn, just because it is low & needs to be filled in anyhow. And this will help the water situation. A lot !

6. MinervaDoe

MinervaDoe

Half of our back yard used to be covered with gravel. When a neighbor gave away a half pallet of sod, I used that to cover the gravel. When I dug down to make a path for my paver stones, there was all that gravel. It never goes away, but it is really good at blending in.

7. VN350X10

VN350X10

The gravel is an excellent base for the pavers. No worry about frost causing them to heave & buckle :laughabove:

8. MinervaDoe

MinervaDoe

Time to go seat a few of the wobbly ones in place.

9. VN350X10

VN350X10

Sand is your friend !

10. MinervaDoe

MinervaDoe

I'm still in the adobe stage. I did a bit of tamping today.

11. VN350X10

VN350X10

Sounds like you really need a small piece of vibratory equipment. Settle that stuff right in so it won't move again (assuming no earthquakes, Mother Earth's own vibratory equipment)
    There are small compactors made, usually 3-5 hp small engines, and easily handled by one person. Don't think that many rental places are open right now thou :( Hint: Get a pair of motocross gloves, they will eat a lot of the force that will hurt your hands.

12. MinervaDoe

MinervaDoe

I'm just pulling up the wobbly ones and the ones sitting too deep or too high and moving a little mud around. If there's too much dirt I fling it into my soil mound (which I un-tarped and planted beets in today).

13. VN350X10

VN350X10

Beets......we ain't even gonna go there.

On another issue, seems that the Department of Homeland Security decided that Gun mfgr's, ammo makers, suppliers, gun shops, ranges, etc. are considered ESSENTIAL businesses, and there has been a Federal memo issued stating such. This sort of puts a wrench in the works for Governors & Mayors that would try & shut them down.
    This just might be important to the owners of Front Sight out near Vegas (Parhump NV) in that they were told by the Governor that they had to shut down. Could make for an interesting lawsuit if someone decides to push it.
    Here in IL, our Atty. General's office has already pointed out that gun shops, etc. ARE essential, even thou we're a Dem. dominated state !
    Could be interesting in NY also, as Gov. Cuomo ordered Remington to shut down, prior to the Federal memo being issued....

14. MinervaDoe

MinervaDoe

'Progressive' heads are exploding. It's amusing.
    When this thing settles out, I think there's going to be a few lawsuits.

15. VN350X10

VN350X10

Keep America Great
    Trump 2020

what more can I say ? We have a President that isn't a politician, what a nice change !

MinervaDoe likes this.
  16. MinervaDoe

MinervaDoe

:waving::waving:
    :waving::waving:
    No wonder the media is going after him tooth and nail. Their corporate masters can't buy him off. :devildance:

17. VN350X10

VN350X10

Interestingly enough, while the Clinton's & Obama's increased their wealth tremendously while in the White House, Pres. Trump has actually LOST money since he took office !
    Amazing, huh ?
    Article in today's Chi Tribune about gun shops being necessary, and all the lib-tards & anti 2A groups are wringing their collective hands about it and demanding to know why ? ?

I love my job !

18. MinervaDoe

MinervaDoe

Trump Declares Second Amendment Essential
    https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2020/03/trump_declares_second_amendment_essential.html

By Daniel John Sobieski
    Among the many illogical things that liberals have tried to include in bills and policies dealing with the Chinese Wuhan Virus pandemic is to try to repeal our gun rights under the Second Amendment to the Constitution. Various jurisdictions have decided that places like gun shops and firing ranges are “non-essential” businesses even as make our communities more dangerous by releasing criminals early and ordering police to ignore certain crimes in the name of fighting the pandemic. Self-defense in a time of social unrest and economic uncertainty is considered unnecessary, as if criminals are going to “social distance” themselves from their victims.

Liberals, however, prattle on about abortion being a constitutional right even though it is mentioned nowhere in the Constitution. The right to keep and bear arms is mentioned in the Constitution, but those who say abortion is essential say gun ownership is not. We must be able to end the life of the unborn even as some jurisdictions are saying having a gun to protect the lives of our families in these uncertain times is nonessential. Close the gun shops but keep the abortion clinics open is the logic of the liberal mind.

President Trump has given us yet another reason to be grateful we elected him as his administration declares that fighting a pandemic does not justify shredding the Constitution, and that gun ownership and training are in fact essential businesses:

President Trump’s Department of Homeland Security released updated guidelines naming gun manufacturers and retailers as essential on Saturday, which means they are to stay open and operational nationwide during a Chinese coronavirus shutdown.

The DHS guidelines list as essential:

• Workers supporting the manufacturing of safety equipment and uniforms for law enforcement, public safety personnel, and first responders.
    • Workers supporting the operation of firearm or ammunition product manufacturers, retailers, importers, distributors, and shooting ranges.
    …The DHS declaration comes just days after Governor Phil Murphy (D) laughed in the face of a man who expressed concern that the statewide shutdown in New Jersey had put an end to gun sales, thereby eliminating the ability to get a firearm for self-defense.

Breitbart News reported the concerned man asking Murphy, “If less guns reduce crime, will you give up your personal bodyguards?”

Murphy responded by intimating that he and the citizen had a philosophical difference in the role guns play, with the governor believing “a safer society has fewer guns, not more guns. And the guns that do exist are in the hands of the right people -- particularly trained members of law enforcement.”

This is the Animal Farm mentality of politicians who insist that everyone is equal but they are more equal than others. They are more important and therefore more deserving of protection so exceptions for them can be made but not for the housewife in Des Moines about to be raped or the family in Boise slain by an intruder. A pandemic does not change our constitutional rights or the need to defend ourselves, our property and our families against predators bigger than a virus.

We are told to “shelter in place” and “self-quarantine” and threatened with arrest if we so much as try to go to church on Sunday. But in order to “protect” us politicians are insisting on releasing criminals who are already quarantined and not making new arrests for certain crimes:

San Francisco: the land of Nancy Pelosi, human feces and now, legalized crime. San Fran’s Public Defender Manohar Raju, in an effort to curb the spread of COVID-19, is calling on police to stop arrests and even citations for crimes including some serious felonies. The new direct is telling police to leave all crime alone except what is seen as “non-violent”….

The same public defender Raju has also called for a mass release of inmates who “may be vulnerable” to the newest Chinese virus sweeping the globe. Raju is just following the model already put forth by other cities.

Just one day after Pennsylvania went on a statewide shutdown, Philadelphia’s Police Commissioner Danielle Outlaw declared that police will be “delaying” arrests for crimes including drugs, theft and prostitution.

The next morning, the city used two non-profit bail funds to release 40 individuals. These volunteers met those newly released “outside the jails with transit passes and gift cards.” Advocates are still pushing for more while putting pressure on state leaders to release of all current inmates in Pennsylvania.

Some criminals got their bailout earlier than their past and future victims and we all know that law enforcement has better things to do these days than protect us from them. It is in this context of corona chaos it is surprising that guns and ammo have rivaled toilet paper as a priority purchase:

The folks over at Ammo.com haven’t just been feverishly filling online orders over the past few weeks as Americans across the country are flocking to stock up while the country is locking down. The Ammo.com staff also been keeping track of where the surge in demand is coming from, and have released some fascinating data about the sales spike.

While many gun stores saw the increase in demand kick in last week, the folks at Ammo.com say they first started seeing a swelling demand back in late February, with a 53% increase in sales on February 23rd. By March 15th, the website says sales had increased by a staggering 276% percent.

Our right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of toilet paper are dependent on and secured by our guaranteed constitutional right to keep and bear arms. Gun rights groups have noted this historic fact, sounded the alarm, and fought for the change in DHS guidance:

The National Shooting Sports Foundation, the firearms industry's trade group, requested the essential designation in a March 20th letter to DHS. The group praised the updated DHS guidance as "crucial."

"We have seen over the past week hundreds of thousands, even millions of Americans choosing to exercise their right to keep and bear arms to ensure their safety and the safety of loved ones during these uncertain times," Lawrence Keane, general counsel for the group, said in a statement. "Americans must not be denied the ability to exercise that right to lawfully purchase and acquire firearms during times of emergency."

This has liberals worried, since disarming potential victims of predators and government has long been a top priority. They have already put this nation at risk with so-called “sensible restrictions” on gun ownership and a plethora of gun-free zones such as schools that have proven to be inviting targets for mass shooters. Gang crime pandemics in our inner cities are quite fine with them as is inviting MS-13 predators to migrate to our sanctuary cities. Exploiting a virus crisis to gut the Second Amendment is not beyond them.​

Read more: https://www.americanthinker.com/art...second_amendment_essential.html#ixzz6IIP9FCjm

19. VN350X10

VN350X10

Like Paul Harvey always finished with....And There You Have It .

Talked to Barry earlier today, nothing broken has come in yet this week, but I'm sure by Sat. there will be plenty. He put the local cops on notice that we do have spares for most of the things they might break, and with the new Dunkin Donuts now open just about across the street(!!) they should be covered ;)
    The new Dunkin' might be my downfall.....I'm a sucker for the egg, sausage, cheese on a croisoint, and they're about the WORST thing in the fast-food universe in terms of sodium. Like almost triple of a McD's Sausage McMuffin w/egg.:faint:(like those too....)

20. MinervaDoe

MinervaDoe

One stop shopping: donuts and firing pins. Who knew.
    You know, with your culinary skills, you ought to be able to brown bag yourself something that tastes good enough to keep you from procuring a sodium burger.