08:40 PM

Discussion in 'The 10 Ring' started by wabash, Jan 10, 2001.

1. VN350X10

VN350X10

You mean they get rid of omlets & have to eat Egg Beaters ? :alex:
    And they no longer have the Corona Virus ?

To my thinking, the Corona Virus is a plague that inhibits hops, barley & malt from doing their jobs.....:drink:

2. MinervaDoe

MinervaDoe

corona
    • n.
      A faintly colored luminous ring or halo appearing to surround a celestial body when viewed through a haze or thin cloud, especially such a ring around the moon or sun, caused by scattering or diffraction of light from suspended particulate matter in the intervening medium.
    • n.
      The luminous irregular envelope of extremely hot and highly ionized gas located outside the chromosphere of the sun.

3. VN350X10

VN350X10

The 2nd definition there would for sure prevent the beer from properly fermenting......

So that would be a TRUE Corona Virus !:faint:

4. MinervaDoe

MinervaDoe

Speaking of ....
    I had to sit through a human interest story this morning where this lady is going around photographing San Francisco families through their condominium windows. They made it sound like these families sitting inside their nice comfortable domiciles were somehow suffering through a trauma. But, what they were describing was cabin fever. I guess these people have never been snowed in without power.

5. VN350X10

VN350X10

So many time I couldn't count, add in a tornado or three here in the Midwest...

My best "without power" was a few years ago, deer season, down by Brian in Taylorville IL. Ice storm hit a wide area, literally hundreds of trees down, power out for 8 days total in some spots.
    Like about the lower 1/4 of Illinois !
    We couldn't get out of Brian's place with the 4X4 pickups, had to use the ATV's. As he put it we were in a 5 br. 3-bath deer stand ;) THAT'S when I told him to get rid of his electric stove.....AND get a backup generator ! We were cooking on a 4-burner Coleman propane & my single burner butane, if we got really chilly, we went out into the garage, large wood burner out there, & sleeping in our bags like being in a tent. Much work w/chainsaws to clear the road out, great fun, really. Like being a kid again.
    Son Mike was pissed, as I wasn't home to drive a plow truck for him, or operate the tractor for tight clearing, since "home" got hit with about 10" of snow from the northern edge of the ice storm.
    So he had a 48 hr. straight run with only 1 other guy for his contracts. Only real down side, didn't get a deer that year :( And I finally got back to work on Thur. instead of Mon. as was planned.(didn't even care...)

6. MinervaDoe

MinervaDoe

So, sitting in your comfy chair for three weeks won't be a problem.
    I called Dillon up this week and the correctly identified my problem with primers not seating deeply as being due to loose screws on my roller bracket assembly. :faint:I'm getting a bunch of stuff done around the house.

7. VN350X10

VN350X10

Will probably go out to the barn & set up 2 presses in the tack room since it's got heat, the Rock Chucker & possibly the 1050, as I've got FAR, FAR more .45 components than I thought possible,
    lots of 230 cast rn, like about 5K of them:faint:not even sure where:dunno: they all came from!

8. MinervaDoe

MinervaDoe

That's pretty much where I'm at. I'll do a reloading run later this week. I built a little tee pee for growing climbing beans this morning. I even planted the beans. Junior put up a little peg rack for hanging hoodies. I'm making an effort not to stream until after 8:00 PM. I don't want to be one of the people that brings the Intrawebs to its knees. I figure forums don't use much bandwidth.

9. VN350X10

VN350X10

I've been in all day so far, not bad out, rain quit about 10:00 AM, but we're having wind gusts up to 50 mph ! I think one of the sheep might be inside-out right now....:laughabove:

10. MinervaDoe

MinervaDoe

People always talk about the weather here. But, it sounds like you guys have weather that's worth talking about.

11. VN350X10

VN350X10

The running joke is if you don't like the Chicagoland weather....:help:...give it 10 minutes & it will change :animlol:

12. MinervaDoe

MinervaDoe

Is Chicago where weather people go to retire, or do the curvaceous hotties dominate the air waves?

13. VN350X10

VN350X10

Hotties, by far ! I really think all of the old ones have died off...:fred: But given that all weather programs are done Green Screen now anyhow, with no more live maps & magic markers, may as well have eye Kandee. And given the -%-%-% of accuracy, does it really matter ?

14. MinervaDoe

MinervaDoe

All the weather people here are social distancing right now. They are reporting remotely from their homes. It's kind of funny, since it seems like they go and find the cleanest spot in their place and use it as a backdrop. One day, it's a table with one flower in a vase and the next day, they have a piece of linen on the table. It's obviously a work in progress. As the week wore on, their signals become more clear too. Augh, the things we do.

15. VN350X10

VN350X10

The Trib had an article on that, showing how several of them had set up green screens in their houses. One had her beagle in the backround !

16. MinervaDoe

MinervaDoe

One lady (not a weather lady) did a human interest story on how to entertain your kid. She struck me as somebody who needed practice at it. Her kid obviously had a script they were supposed to follow, but after initially doing as told, she quickly became bored with being a t.v. star and went into chaos mode. It were funny.

17. VN350X10

VN350X10

The old Art Linkletter show "Kids Say the Darndest Things" was priceless. I thought it was funny when I was a kid !
    Watching old reruns now is even funnier. Like Rocky & Bullwinkle, funny on MANY levels, and Linkletter's show was un-scripted.

18. MinervaDoe

MinervaDoe

Yup, back when reality t.v. was unscripted. I remember Kids Say the Darnedest Things well. It was funny then. I'd watch reruns now.

19. VN350X10

VN350X10

Been an interesting day. We've had high winds since early this AM, late this afternoon, a section of our stockade fence blew down, about 16' of it, snapped 1 post off at ground level. I'm thinking that it may well have been rotted, so this spring, there will be a new attachment for the Kubota, it's time to buy the post-hole auger that hooks to the 3 pt. hitch. Looked into renting one, but either I bust tail for a LONG weekend, which my back & ankles won't tolerate, or spend more to rent one than buy my own. As I won't be replacing every fence post at the same time, just having one makes better sense. Tomorrow I'll go out & see what I can do about it. I'll have to take off the snow blower so I can lift it with the bucket, as doing it by hand is TOTALLY out of the question- (that would have been an easy option 40 years ago....) Didn't have anything "planned" anyhow:faint:

20. MinervaDoe

MinervaDoe

You've got the toys. This seems like a good reason to use them.
    Garbage day today. It looks like a ghost town out there.