08:40 PM

Discussion in 'The 10 Ring' started by wabash, Jan 10, 2001.

1. VN350X10

VN350X10

Looks to be about a -8 or -10 line (1/2" or 5/8") that's a LOT of flow !
    We fed Mike's 540+ hp 358" Windsor with a -8 from pump to fuel block, and split it to a pair of -6's (3/8") to the dual inlets. I also fabbed up a 1/2"id pickup tube from tank to fuel pump/filter unit, no stock 1/4" soda straw pickup in the tank !

To keep the fuel cold, there was a -4 return line helping the pressure regulator hold off the fuel pump ! We were feeding 8-10 psi up to the fuel block, and regulated it down to 3 psi to the carb.
    But we still used a return line, so the fuel flowed & it stayed cold, no heat buildup in the float bowls.

With that much hydration, the driver is also going to need a catheter (sp) & a DRAIN :alex:

2. MinervaDoe

MinervaDoe

I'd like to entertain the possibility that it was a mock up of some sort or other.

3. VN350X10

VN350X10

Well, yeah, until we get the proper flux-capacitors, the whole thing is a MOCK up !

Or we have to haul it around in TARDIS....
    too big to fit in Heart of Gold., isn't it ?

4. MinervaDoe

MinervaDoe

What are Nascar races like? Being in the front rows reminds me of a Gallagher show, where spectators might become participants.
    There is a McHenry 500, right?
    Can we design a NASCAR vehicle that utilizes the Cummins V8 from the Bradley.

The maximum improbability drive does not have to rely on gimmicks like a flux capacitor.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2020
  5. VN350X10

VN350X10

No the engines are rather spec'd ......but I WOULD like to go to my local Toyota dlr. and buy a 2 dr. 750 hp. Camray !

6. MinervaDoe

MinervaDoe

They should homologate those.

7. VN350X10

VN350X10

If they were under F.I.A. standards, at least some of them would be avaliable !
    Don't think NASCAR has that setup thou...

Hell, I want one for the street, just to hunt the kids with the juice-can mufflers !

8. MinervaDoe

MinervaDoe

I'm supposed to get the Mustang smogged by 3/15. I swapped the carb for one that has a functioning choke. But, I've got tons of dried up vacuum hoses and I'm tempted to just take it in the way it is. The last time I tried adjusting the floats, I'd get a drip out of the sight hole right up until the gas flow was shut all the way off. I used to enjoy this stuff; not anymore.

9. VN350X10

VN350X10

Another reason to consider a "free" state.....
    Replace all possible hoses w/silicone ones, saves a lot of grief in the long run. They usually last for more than 25 years. Hard to pass smog crap with bad hoses in the system.

good luck !

10. MinervaDoe

MinervaDoe

Yup. Silicone. Will do. I heard Al Roker is out your way taking the polar plunge. But, you'll have some warm weather for the weekend. Does stuff melt when it gets into the 50's? And then, refreeze at night?

11. VN350X10

VN350X10

Yeah, when it warms up, we get mud soup & when it re-freezes, some super ruts.
    This spring, about 3 yards of #2 crushed stone in strategic places will solve most of the problem.
    Then I'll worry about some re-seeding in other spots...

12. MinervaDoe

MinervaDoe

How many years have you been in that place? It takes a while to get the kinks worked out. We've been here for eighteen years and I finally got the yard looking decent. This year, me and the Mrs are sprinkling California poppy seeds everywhere. Next year, we'll be raking poppy hulls out of the garden. After I put in a walkway in back this winter, I still have a small patch connecting two different colored walkways in back. The connecting material of choice is probably going to end up being pee gravel.

13. VN350X10

VN350X10

coming up on 4, last house was the one I grew up in, had the landscaping there down pretty good, still have to move some of the blackberry bushes over. Will be selling the old place this year, finally got most of the ducks in a row, and have weeded out the drunken squirrels :clown:

14. MinervaDoe

MinervaDoe

Four years!! I honestly thought it was two.
    What I am about to say is slightly reminiscent "Of Mice and Men." Tell me about the drunken squirrels, George. Did they get into your pyracantha berries?

15. VN350X10

VN350X10

That comes from the t-shirt "I don't have ducks, and they're not in a row....
    I have squirrels, and they're drunk" !
    Actually, the squirrels & I have come to a kind of truce. I put out sunflower seeds in spots away from the bird feeders, and the bird feeder poles have all been replaced with 1/2" electrical conduit. That I spray with Pam. For the most part, the squirrels slide right off !
    I thought about white lithium or Moly grease, but I wanted something non-toxic. And Pam works !

16. MinervaDoe

MinervaDoe

Selling the ancestral home is a big deal. We sold the house we grew up in several years ago. I can't say I miss it much. This neighborhood has become home.
    Have I told you about the guy across the street that has some sort of factory in his garage. The city won't do anything about it except serve him a couple of cease and desist notices. So, today, a semi truck pulls up on the adjacent street and parks in the double yellow zone in the center of the road. Then, the neighbor and his employee go out and wheel a giant crate 100 yards to his garage. Real discrete.
    I guess the 18 wheeler was too big to come down our street.

17. VN350X10

VN350X10

He don't have a Pontiac Aztec in his driveway........does he ??

And I've still got crap at the old place, got some of the machinery moved, but none of the big stuff. Gonna have to hire a machinery mover for the lathe, Bridgeport & the horizontal milling machine. The shear, brake & punch press are small enough for 2-3 guys to handle, which is good, as they're still in the:alex:basement....

18. MinervaDoe

MinervaDoe

The things we moved with maximum exertion when we were young are part of the reason we move slow now that we are old. Not your job. Not, no more. Let the movers do everything. That way, you can stay ambulatory for longer.

19. VN350X10

VN350X10

Yes, at this point in time, the strong backs & weak minds of OTHERS are required !

There are now times I wake up with pain in areas of my body that I didn't even know I owned when I was 18 !

20. MinervaDoe

MinervaDoe

:fred: Tell me about it. Subcompact pistols are getting difficult to manage. I can still shoot them fine, but I'll know about it the next day. Something will hurt no matter which hand I shoot with. :fred: