08:40 PM

Discussion in 'The 10 Ring' started by wabash, Jan 10, 2001.

1. MinervaDoe

MinervaDoe

If your going to essentially grow them in a mold, why not include some fins?

2. VN350X10

VN350X10

Too complicated, just being a straight projectile would be more than enough.
    There are gents who do grow their "projectile pumpkins" in pipe segments to keep them uniform as far as bore size. I think 8" is the desired diameter, otherwise the amount of air required gets really crazy.
    I once saw a pneumatic that had an air chamber/tank the size of a Redi-Mix truck ! and their cannon had a 2 pc. barrel, as it was over 60' long !
    That's one of the more extreme, but to get a mile shot, it takes a lot. Not quite a Red-Ryder operation !

3. MinervaDoe

MinervaDoe

It's one thing to have a little time on your hands for one of these projects, but it sounds like these folks have some spare cash to throw around too. Must be nice.

4. VN350X10

VN350X10

Just like ANY kind of racing......it AIN'T cheap !

but it's sure FUN !

I've considered a small Trebuchet, just for home use ;)

5. MinervaDoe

MinervaDoe

Did some spot re-seeding of my lawn today. Really another exciting day in paradise. But, on the up side, salmon was on sale for $6.99 a pound.

6. VN350X10

VN350X10

I just got in from mowing AGAIN (3:08 PM Central) & also went out & hauled a bunch of brush to the burn pile..got enough there to light off again, but will leave it, as it makes good winter cover for all kinds of critters, rabbits, field mice, racoons, etc. Might even get a deer in it, as there's a lot of evergreen boughs in it this time. Unfortunately, we had a casualty in the far yard, Auntie's Rose of Sharon tree broke off in our last wind storm, it was about 6"-7" at the base. :(
    So that's on the "A" list for spring planting, a fair size replacement. A couple of our Japanese Maples don't look like they'll make it thru winter either, so I now plan ahead! :odie:

7. MinervaDoe

MinervaDoe

Winter? The stuff you were describing all summer sounded like winter to me.
    Winter Solstice 2019: December 21.
    Autumnal Equinox 2019: September 23.
    Maybe you should figure out a method for chucking igloos. I'll bet those could be manufactured with nice uniform dimensions.
    [​IMG]

8. VN350X10

VN350X10

In my winter, you don't need to worry about the fridge not working....set the stuff outside & hope it don't freeze solid!
    Given what I get in the driveway, an automatic ice-maker seems redundant :cold:
    But we do see over 100*f at times in summer :headscratch:

FWIW...my Dome plans are for a 50' diameter on a 4' riser wall.

9. MinervaDoe

MinervaDoe

Go big, or go home. And, you're already home.

Here's one that should make you feel safer.
    https://www.americanthinker.com/blo...ngs_california_legalizes_eating_roadkill.html

Last edited: Oct 17, 2019
  10. VN350X10

VN350X10

Most Midwestern states have had that provision for a long time. It comes from the high incidence of deer/car encounters. I've had several deer dropped off from folks who have hit them & didn't want the deer. The best one was still warm, it got nailed about 2 miles from the house& one of my cousins was following the gent that hit two deer....he only wanted one. So that one was butchered within 10 min. of being hit. I've had a lot that took me longer to field dress when hunting ! ;)

And just think.....now Granny Clampett is legal !

on another note, were you without power any time due to the PG&E shut-offs ?

11. MinervaDoe

MinervaDoe

No PG&E shutoffs here. A friend in Los Altos kept getting robo-calls that his power would be shut off in two hours, but they never did. They just kept rolling the time back. If a house was close to the hills, they were in danger of getting shut off. But, we are flat-landers here.
    We had a sprinkling of rain last night. Maybe that's a sign that the weather has cooled enough to calm folks.

12. VN350X10

VN350X10

Glad to hear that ! Keep ALL of the rain you want, I have zero need for any more this year. At least when I was mowing yesterday, I wasn't leaving mud streaks in the lawn because of standing water. But it's really still far wetter than I'd like. Not really sure what kind of snowfall we're going to get this winter, the Old Farmer's Almanac has lied to me for the past 2-3 years, getting so you can't trust anybody now. :( But I should be ready for about anything this winter, as long as we get snow, not rain...

13. MinervaDoe

MinervaDoe

Al Gore's sure to come visit you asking for donations. After all, this weather is your fault for using modern conveniences. Off with your head. Off with your head.
    [​IMG]

14. VN350X10

VN350X10

I'd LOVE to meet with Mr. Gore....
    First thing I'd ask him about would be his father's(also a former Senator) association with the KKK. Then I'd send Jessie & Al in his direction to ask for reparations.
    All this AFTER alerting the various news media about a new "scoop" !:waving::deadhorse::waving:

15. MinervaDoe

MinervaDoe

Al Gore senior was financed by Armand Hammer who was a known Soviet agent of influence. The Gore family held shares in Hammer's Occidental Petroleum until Al Junior sold them as part of his public virtue signalling.

https://www.wnd.com/1998/12/1268/

16. VN350X10

VN350X10

Not far from the tree......huh?

Can treason charges be applied retroactivly.....or to offspring ?:dunno:

In Japan, every male descendant was executed......just a thought...

17. MinervaDoe

MinervaDoe

You don't need retro active family based crimes to put Al Junior away. Prior to 9/11 there were laws going into effect that possible could have prevented it. But, Al went into a closed door meeting with the major airlines, they give him large donations (a bribe) and he got the laws relaxed.

18. VN350X10

VN350X10

But the Japanese were so EFFICIENT about it....:impatient:

19. MinervaDoe

MinervaDoe

If only some things from the past could be brought back for our politicians who somehow seem to be above the law.
    [​IMG]

20. VN350X10

VN350X10

Can I have the rotten egg & tomato concession ???/PLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASE